• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets talk the latest proposed CBA

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a TON of stuff in it so i can't post it all so i will link a article from ESPN.
NFL CBA proposal: What players are voting on in the deal, plus the biggest changes

What do you guys think of a 17 game season? the removal of Marijuana suspensions etc etc?

I want to bring up the 17 game season because this one has my scratching my head a little. Ok no more 8-8 seasons but who has to play the extra road game? hmm

From what i have read this latest deal is most likely going to pass.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think players should either get an extra bye week or get rid of these awful Thursday night football games and you are right about the extra road game I think it would be cool if every team had that extra game played on a neutral field to help keep things even. I agree with the Marijuana lift we can go ahead and keep josh gordon

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of marijuana suspensions is an obvious thing that needs to be done, an expansion of the playoffs is meh, but I think the additional game is interesting for a number of reasons.

First off, an odd amount of games means half the teams in the NFL get an extra away game, while the other half gets an extra home game. With home field advantage being so important, this is dumb AF. BUT, I previously proposed the following in a different thread: every team gets a neutral field game every year. How cool would that be? There are already a decent amount of London games and a Mexico game. You could expand that to other locations, add a couple games in Mexico City/London and even have something domestically in a region that doesn't have a team like Hawaii.

Second, there is also an issue as to how they figure out a 17 game opponent schedule. The current system is great because you can figure out 14 of your 16 opponents for every year into perpetuity. Does the NFL blow that whole system up? Do they add one extra wrench into the system for that 17th game? Perhaps you could have teams play their "doppelganger" from the other conference for that 17th game (the worst team vs. worst team, best vs. best, etc.).

If the NFL can implement the 17 game schedule appropriately, then I'm on board with the CBA. I don't know about the details on how they plan on implementing it though so right now I'm on the fence.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to 17 games is stupid. No reason to change it. Going to a 17/18 week season with each team getting two byes makes more sense IMO.

Don't care what they do with the pot rules. If they want to change them then great.

Going to 14 teams for the playoffs is not necessary. Most of the time it's a team with a 9-7 or worse record getting in.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second, there is also an issue as to how they figure out a 17 game opponent schedule. The current system is great because you can figure out 14 of your 16 opponents for every year into perpetuity. Does the NFL blow that whole system up? Do they add one extra wrench into the system for that 17th game? Perhaps you could have teams play their "doppelganger" from the other conference for that 17th game (the worst team vs. worst team, best vs. best, etc.).

That won't always work since each division plays every team in a division from the other conference each year. You'd likely have instances of a team's "doppelganger" already being on their schedule. They'd probably have to just do the "doppelganger" from a second division in the other conference.

So your schedule would be:
6 division games
4 games from a division in your conference
2 games from the teams that finish in the same position as you in the other two divisions of your conference
4 games from a division in another conference
1 game from a team that finished in the same position as you in the other conference

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That won't always work since each division plays every team in a division from the other conference each year. You'd likely have instances of a team's "doppelganger" already being on their schedule. They'd probably have to just do the "doppelganger" from a second division in the other conference.

So your schedule would be:
6 division games
4 games from a division in your conference
2 games from the teams that finish in the same position as you in the other two divisions of your conference
4 games from a division in another conference
1 game from a team that finished in the same position as you in the other conference
good point, didn't think of that, which would more than likely be a fairly common occurrence. I'm at a loss as to how to best implement that 17th game then, unless you blow up the entire scheduling scheme currently in place, which I really like.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of marijuana suspensions is an obvious thing that needs to be done, an expansion of the playoffs is meh, but I think the additional game is interesting for a number of reasons.

First off, an odd amount of games means half the teams in the NFL get an extra away game, while the other half gets an extra home game. With home field advantage being so important, this is dumb AF. BUT, I previously proposed the following in a different thread: every team gets a neutral field game every year. How cool would that be? There are already a decent amount of London games and a Mexico game. You could expand that to other locations, add a couple games in Mexico City/London and even have something domestically in a region that doesn't have a team like Hawaii.

Agreed entirely on the marijuana change. It does not have to be LEGAL in the state, but testing positive for it does not result in an NFL suspension.

Interesting proposal on the other part I bolded. I have no clue how they'd handle the neutral site (plenty of College stadiums they could use, but it could still benefit someone based on time zones/fly distance. CLEARLY the east coast profits the most from London games)... but I will say in NFL's current state 16 games the team that loses a home game when they have to fly to London is BULLSHIT.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Hawks just lost a comp pick because of the New CBA Deal.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i forgot where i was reading it from but it said under the CBA if it passes a handful of teams would lose a Comp pick and Seattle was in line to lose their 6th round comp.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
found it Seahawks could lose comp pick if players approve CBA

but i think the new rules shouldn't or wont be placed on it i hope. The actions that landed them the comp picks are all from last year AND the picks were awarded before the new year started so fingers crossed.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3