• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk Positions - OL

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between QB and OL, those appear to be the discussions of the greatest question marks. I'd say outsiders view QB as the greatest question and insiders seem more concerned about the lack of experience and lack of playing together by this OL.

Current roster candidates:

OT:
Lars Hanson (who?!)
Cameron Jefferson (who?!)
Justin Murray (who?)
Russell Okung
Kyle Roberts (who?!)
Ty Sambrailo (listed as a T on Broncos.com, but probably an OG)
Michael Schofield (candidate to kick inside?)
Donald Stephenson
Darrion Weems

OG
Sam Brenner
Max Garcia
Connor McGovern
Robert Myers
Aaron Neary

C
Dillon Day
James Ferentz
Matt Paradis

RDog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO this is the key position to the team's success this coming season. The running and passing games won't work without major improvements on the line.
Reasons to be optimistic - players fit into our zone-blocking scheme, young and athletic, flexibility on positions played
Reasons to be pessimistic - lack of experience, lack of time together to work as a cohesive unit

I expect this group will improve with time. Paradis and Okung are givens. Hopefully Stephenson can nail down the right tackle position to allow Sambrailo to move inside - I see this as his best position and a future star in the making. Garcia will likely play the other guard position, but not without a challenge from McGovern. McGovern and Myers would be my picks for reserves.

Keep this group healthy and they could be a strength by the end of the season.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Stephenson can nail down the right tackle position to allow Sambrailo to move inside - I see this as his best position and a future star in the making. Garcia will likely play the other guard position, but not without a challenge from McGovern. McGovern and Myers would be my picks for reserves.

Keep this group healthy and they could be a strength by the end of the season.

My hope is that the starting OGs are Max and McGovern - and that TySam becomes the key reserve that can step in at either OT or OG when inevitable injuries occur. I think he would be the one best suited to fill that role.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Sambrailo is best suited for a top reserve off the bench role, but that's not what a 2nd round pick should bring - so a little disappointing. I'm not sure Stephenson will be the starter at RT -though - unless he is one of those guys so much better in the zone blocking scheme - because he didn't impress last year.

Paradis - last year had two all pros in each side of him - this year he figures to have two 1st or 2nd year guys at guard - could be a problem.

I really like this group of Olineman for having the ability to get the defense to move laterally and then chop them down. They are a group of dancing bears. Athletically - this is an ideal Kubiak offensive line and that gives me hope.

I agree with RDog - this will be a work in progress, but the good news is -the progress ought to kick in the last half of the season. From watching last year - the Broncos don't seem to mind this.

I don't know how Okung will hold up healthwise, but I sure admire that he structured his deal to motivate himself for the big payday option with a top team. I'm really rooting for him. Whenever - he will out there he will be a major plus - where last year was a minus at LT.

It's obvious with this group the Broncos are intended to land a few prospect onto the PS - I hear they like Dillon Day a lot.