• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets Talk Offensive Line

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to argue about Chase the points are well made and everyone has their side. I don't think anyone is changing.

That being said: LOL @ your 3-5 which has nothing to do with anything on the field. Especially #5. You mean, QB's love to throw to WR's?!

I mean, DAMN ... Who knew?! Gonna revolutionize the damn game!!! Order the M'F'n rings now!
Let's go more conventional then:

• The best WR in the class when it comes to his footwork off the line of scrimmage. His quick feet and upper body strength allow him to immediately stack CBs off the line of scrimmage. His feet remind me of former Packers WR Jordy Nelson.
  • Elite upper body strength that plays a key role in Chase's effectiveness. Chase's upper-body strength helps him in creating separation, at the catch point, and in creating yards after the catch via broken tackles.
  • More straight-line and breakaway speed (4.38 40-yard dash) than most expected. and it shows up on film. This allows him to beat angles.
  • Great in contested-catch situations on 50/50 balls because he has incredibly strong hands at the catch point.
  • Averaged 21.2 yards per reception on 84 receptions in 2019. No, that is not a typo. Puts him in the 96th percentile among all WRs ever.
  • Pure physicality. He can beat press coverage with his hands, but his physicality also shows up after the catch.
  • Chase is the best deep ball receiver in this class despite lacking the height/length (see: advanced stats below)
  • Surprising elusiveness combined with strength allows him to force missed tackles.
  • Nuanced receiver who does an excellent job finding voids in zones (this meshed perfectly with Burrow).
  • Incredible at high-pointing the football. Chase recorded a 41-inch vertical jump at his Pro Day. He is only the 23rd WR to record 41+ since 2011.
  • Excellent explosiveness and leaping ability -- Chase was the state long jump champion in high school (132-inch broad jump at his Pro Day).
  • Elite-level body control and concentration while adjusting to passes in the air.
  • Has lined up in the slot and can win both as a slot and boundary receiver.
  • He is the best WR in the class at winning at all three levels: right off the line of scrimmage, in the intermediate range and deep
  • Dominated one-on-one against several top SEC CBs who were ultimately drafted in the first or second round including: A.J. Terrell, Trevon Diggs, C.J. Henderson and Cam Dantzler.
  • Put together one of the most dominant statistical seasons in CFB history at the age of 19.
  • Big-time production against top-25 opponents at the collegiate level.
I figured everyone knew the conventional stat stuff. I was trying to do a little more off the cuff thinking in regards to his overall value to the franchise besides his stats. If you want stats, the above should provide that.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Bengals are going to revolutionize the game by throwing to WR's - Here it is - The CrashDavis All WR draft!!!

1619539668578.png

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never bravely proclaim any of these picks will be elite.

that would be like calling Andy Dalton a top 10 QB.