• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Talk Hawaii & Beavers

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forecast the score...
Concerns (aside the obvious)...
What we have to do to win...
If we breakdown where will it be...

BSU 31 Oregon State 30

First concern is that I am a hopeless homer. We have to play with a chip on our shoulder. God love Coach Pete, but this game will dictate how the current players will adapt (not to write us off for the next few years if we get clobbered), but an indication about how devistating the current kids think this is.

This is a solid PAC 12 team and in our current state think we need a timely good bounce, a special teams score and to win the turnover battle by at least +1. Beginning to see myself what a homer I am with the above forecast and this recipe.

The breakdown will be mental if there is one. Even in this down year we physically out match them darn near across the board.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon State 45
Boise State 38

unfortunately Prince is still calling the plays, so we won't throw passes downfield even though that's what Oregon State can't stop. Plus our crappy seasons are the ones that end in a bowl loss.

If we actually pass the ball downfield and use Hedrick right we can win this game in a shootout.

defense won't make a lot of stops, our offense probably won't play to the weakness of Oregon State until we're behind

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
With the ousting of Southwick, we have no concerns about the starting QB. I think if Hedrick keeps is cool we can win this game.
Oregon St. has lost thier last six games, so i think they come out bursting with " I know we can whoop Boise St attitude"
Our Defense needs to come out the same way and play this game for coach Pete.

GO BRONCOS.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Pete is gone. Screw playing this game for him.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Oregon State here. It's really a matter of them being not quite as bad as Boise more than anything else. The bottom line is Boise sucks this year. They have played six teams that I consider to be halfway decent and they went 2 and 4 in those games. Granted they were all on the road, but not a single one of those opponents will finished ranked in the polls after Fresno's embarrassment to USC unless Washington does it. Plus the coaching change and departing coaches won't help matters. That's how I see it anyway. Neither team is really any good with Boise actually being the weaker of the two. The glass is half empty from this guy's perspective.

dj_john69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,065.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon State by 10...34-24 Beavers

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a homer and took BSU in the bowl-mania games. But I would not bet any money on this game.
To win this game our DL needs to get after the QB and not give him time to throw the deep ball.
Our DBs need to step up and cover tight.
Hedrick just needs to take over the O and run the option after the reed, like he did against Nevada.
And we need to throw the deep ball to spread there D out.
With Prince I doubt any of this will happen. but we can only hope.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another hurdle is the fact that our starting QB got sent home and is in a pissy mood