• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's talk about the Jets

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills and Patriots have similar easy schedules. Will 3 teams from the AFC East make the playoffs? Doubtful.

Well I don't know if they make the playoffs. Just think they'll be in the hunt.

IMO, the 2 WC teams will be the Bills and Colts

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s NOT what the conversation was!

Goal post moved!!!

Par for the course.

@SteelersPride
1. Someone said the Jets are actually pretty good.
2. I said “Ummm, they lost 16 of their last 17
3. Then someone says “You moved the goalposts”

Will the lunacy ever end bro?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride
1. Someone said the Jets are actually pretty good.
2. I said “Ummm, they lost 16 of their last 17
3. Then someone says “You moved the goalposts”

Will the lunacy ever end bro?

Liar.

We were talking about the Jets THIS year WITH Darnold at QB versus WITHOUT Darnold at QB.

Will the goal post moving ever end... bro.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liar.

We were talking about the Jets THIS year WITH Darnold at QB versus WITHOUT Darnold at QB.

Will the goal post moving ever end... bro.

don’t know if you know this but that’s not what “moving the goalposts” means for the 13,456 time

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don’t know if you know this but that’s not what “moving the goalposts” means for the 13,456 time

You expanded/changed the scope of the conversation to fit your narrative.

The conversation was about the Jets team this year and how bad they have been. You, of course, like that premise because it allows you to beat your chest about 1) the eagles beating the jets and 2) the cowboys losing to the jets. However, when posters argued that the jets team is much better with Darnold at QB than without (a fact which challenged the premise above) you tried to EXPAND/ALTER the scope of the discussion to include last years results rather than attempting to argue that the Jets are the same with/without Darnold

Moving the goalposts (or shifting the goalposts) is a metaphor, derived from goal-based sports, that means to change the criterion (goal) of a process or competition while it is still in progress, in such a way that the new goal offers one side an intentional advantage or disadvantage.[1

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You expanded/changed the scope of the conversation to fit your narrative.

The conversation was about the Jets team this year and how bad they have been. You, of course, like that premise because it allows you to beat your chest about 1) the eagles beating the jets and 2) the cowboys losing to the jets. However, when posters argued that the jets team is much better with Darnold at QB than without (a fact which challenged the premise above) you tried to EXPAND/ALTER the scope of the discussion to include last years results rather than attempting to argue that the Jets are the same with/without Darnold

Moving the goalposts (or shifting the goalposts) is a metaphor, derived from goal-based sports, that means to change the criterion (goal) of a process or competition while it is still in progress, in such a way that the new goal offers one side an intentional advantage or disadvantage.[1

1. Discussions on the hoop meander all over the place. You are telling me that I am only allowed to talk about what the exact topic is.

2. I’m not proud of beating the Jets nor does it matter to me they lost. When someone said the Jets really aren’t that bad I said “You mean the Jets that lost 16 of their last 17”

3. Later people brought up the Jets are better with Darnold and after one big win it seemed true.

4. So I didn’t change any criteria. I was just saying with or without Darnold they aren’t a very good team so...
Now how, no way, in no universe can that remotely be construed as moving the goalposts. I wasn’t talking about if the Jets are better with Darnold or not. You made all of that up in your mind.

Lastly, why are you the ONLY non
Eagle/Cowboy poster on the board that gives a crap about our rivalry. Someone could say something negative about Dallas and you are the first in line to rush to their defense and I’ve never heard you say anything about the Patriots.

All the Eagle fans no why. It’s because after 20 years of dominance. Title after title after title you can’t handle that the Eagles smacked that dynasty around and stole a title from you.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Discussions on the hoop meander all over the place. You are telling me that I am only allowed to talk about what the exact topic is.

2. I’m not proud of beating the Jets nor does it matter to me they lost. When someone said the Jets really aren’t that bad I said “You mean the Jets that lost 16 of their last 17”

3. Later people brought up the Jets are better with Darnold and after one big win it seemed true.

4. So I didn’t change any criteria. I was just saying with or without Darnold they aren’t a very good team so...
Now how, no way, in no universe can that remotely be construed as moving the goalposts. I wasn’t talking about if the Jets are better with Darnold or not. You made all of that up in your mind.

Eagle/Cowboy poster on the board that gives a crap about our rivalry. Someone could say something negative about Dallas and you are the first in line to rush to their defense and I’ve never heard you say anything about the Patriots.

All the Eagle fans no why. It’s because after 20 years of dominance. Title after title after title you can’t handle that the Eagles smacked that dynasty around and stole a title from you.
Bruh just stop moving the goalposts

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so win 1 game and you are a good team only on the hoop:suds:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so win 1 game and you are a good team only on the hoop:suds:

stop moving the goalposts. DblDown said you are only allowed to comment on this year and only about Sam Darnold.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He said “no why”... bwhahaha

Teacher of the Year

LMAO

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The schedule for the rest of the year is pretty weak if you ask me

VS NE
AT Jags
AT Miami
VS NYG
AT WSH
VS OAK
AT Cincy
VS MIA
AT BAL
VS PITT
AT BUFF

Jets D looks like a good option in fantasy after the NE game.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jets looking good so far:suds:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12