• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's play the Blame Game Packers Edition

The Blame Game

• Total voters

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ladies and Gentleman, come on down! It's time to play The Blame Game. Tonight we have 4 lovely contestants that enjoy walks on the beach, snuggling by the fire, and choking away shots at the Super Bowl.

Contestant #1: Brandon Bostick, whose specialty is having no hands while being on the Hands Team.

Contestant #2: Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, whose first name is almost as comical as his safety skills with a ball fluttering in the middle of the field.

Contestant #3: Morgan Burnett, who doesn't mind turning down 30 yards of open field on a "game ending" INT.

Contestant #4: Mike McCarthy, goalline TDs? Who cares. Gimme dat 3. Team falling apart? Let's turtleshell and hope we win!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ladies and Gentleman, come on down! It's time to play The Blame Game. Tonight we have 4 lovely contestants that enjoy walks on the beach, snuggling by the fire, and choking away shots at the Super Bowl.

Contestant #1: Brandon Bostick, whose specialty is having no hands while being on the Hands Team.

Contestant #2: Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, whose first name is almost as comical as his safety skills with a ball fluttering in the middle of the field.

Contestant #3: Morgan Burnett, who doesn't mind turning down 30 yards of open field on a "game ending" INT.

Contestant #4: Mike McCarthy, goalline TDs? Who cares. Gimme dat 3. Team falling apart? Let's turtleshell and hope we win!
Too many mistakes to mention.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prevent defense. The end.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinks you pretty much hit it in order of blame.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy is the most to blame for his ridiculously conservative offense when Seattle went 3 and out or turned the ball over literally every possession of the first half. 16-0 would have been a disappointing score at halftime if that was Jacksonville getting that good of field position.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers played a really great game and deserved to win it. Seattle just pulled a frikken rabbit out of a hat somewhere and overcame all the bad plays, dumb penalties and uncharacteristic turnovers. About as ugly as team could look in the first half but give Green Bay a lot of credit for that. No reason to pile on Green Bay. They are still a great team and franchise and they got the man with the golden arm.

Stuff happens, that is why they gotta play the games.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rolling with McCarthy here. Too much Martyball, and it burned him, hard. FG after FG will seldom beat Seattle. Unlucky to lose the way they did, but if you don't trust the #1 O in football to score on 4th and short for a TD, that's on the coach to me- period.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th and goal at the half yard while your team has the momentum and you puss out with a FG? Not sure how you can dismiss that. I would say entire coaching staff though and lump in the prevent defense that ended up preventing them from winning.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rolling with McCarthy here. Too much Martyball, and it burned him, hard. FG after FG will seldom beat Seattle. Unlucky to lose the way they did, but if you don't trust the #1 O in football to score on 4th and short for a TD, that's on the coach to me- period.

Martyball strikes again. For McCarthy to kick FGs on those two goal line situations means that he didn't trust his offense to convert 50% of the time in those situations. If it were me, I'm telling Aaron Rodgers to go for the TD both times. If I only succeed once, I've got 7 points instead of 6. If I fail both times, how can anyone blame me for trusting my Aaron Rodgers-led offense?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martyball strikes again. For McCarthy to kick FGs on those two goal line situations means that he didn't trust his offense to convert 50% of the time in those situations. If it were me, I'm telling Aaron Rodgers to go for the TD both times. If I only succeed once, I've got 7 points instead of 6. If I fail both times, how can anyone blame me for trusting my Aaron Rodgers-led offense?

I'll go to my grave convinced Marty would have multiple rings in his time in the NFL if he were more aggressive. That, and the Grbac over Gannon decision was ridiculous.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Dom Capers not in this poll? IMO that game was lost when they failed to hold the hawks on a 3rd & 29... Absolutely pitiful. Capers rushed 3 guys and Wilson had all day to throw. Had to laugh when they converted that one.

But equally as pitiful was the Clinton-Dix stand-still, and the onside failure.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Dom Capers not in this poll? IMO that game was lost when they failed to hold the hawks on a 3rd & 29... Absolutely pitiful. Capers rushed 3 guys and Wilson had all day to throw. Had to laugh when they converted that one.

But equally as pitiful was the Clinton-Dix stand-still, and the onside failure.

I hold the HC more accountable when he could have gone for the killshot really early, but didn't. I definitely hear you about Capers though; good honorable mention.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go to my grave convinced Marty would have multiple rings in his time in the NFL if he were more aggressive. That, and the Grbac over Gannon decision was ridiculous.

I've always been a Niner fan, but I often found myself rooting for Marty's teams in several playoff games when he was the coach of the Browns, Chiefs, and Chargers. It was very frustrating to watch him try to win games with a pre-modern approach to the game. LOL.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't the golden boy himself not in this poll? Threw 2 picks inside red zone. Missed open WRs for TDs and first downs. Hey it's ok for wonder boy to get a little criticism sometime

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I didn't understand is why couldn't the personal foul on Sweezy be tacked on to the end of the play (the one where Sweezy hit Clay Matthews after Matthews had already sacked Wilson)? Instead, GB declined the penalty, and I assume it was because the down wouldn't have counted if they had accepted it. If that could've been tacked on, it would've been 2nd and 46, IIRC.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't the golden boy himself not in this poll? Threw 2 picks inside red zone. Missed open WRs for TDs and first downs. Hey it's ok for wonder boy to get a little criticism sometime

Hard to blame the guy with a gimpy calf against the best defense. He's not top 5 in the blame category.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I didn't understand is why couldn't the personal foul on Sweezy be tacked on to the end of the play (the one where Sweezy hit Clay Matthews after Matthews had already sacked Wilson)? Instead, GB declined the penalty, and I assume it was because the down wouldn't have counted if they had accepted it. If that could've been tacked on, it would've been 2nd and 46, IIRC.

I think they declined it to make it second down and forever instead of first and forever and then some. Gambling on the odds?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimpy calf gives him an excuse. I disagree. He played like crap.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting only 6 points with back to back 1st and goals hurt a lot. But the Packers have been stuffed at the goal line a few time this season and I 'm sure it would have been more devastating to not get any points at all with that field position.

Really have to wonder why Burnett went to the ground right away. It looked like he had plenty of daylight in front of him