• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets play GM for Cards

Flag hunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards are a good team, but not great. How would you fix this team? trading deadline is approaching. Time to at least be thinking of some moves. For me, I have seen all I need of Bourjos and Lyons. Both guys would be available via a trade. If I had to move a big name, I would seriously think about moving Adams. Put Craig back at 1B and promote Taveras for RF.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cardinals will keep Bourjos or Jay after the season but not both. Jay might be the better bat and probably the better overall player but his market value is likely going to be higher and Taveras is going to be the starter unless he doesn't have the range and I'm not sure range is Jay's top quality.

Keep Adams. Craig (as good as he is) usually has a stretch with injuries.

Flag hunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, should be interesting. Cards have way too many OFs. Need to move 1 or 2. I see Bourjos as a very similar player to Suger Shane Robinson. Both good OFs, but neither guy can hit, so I don,t need 2 of these types. I would rather see Bourjos moved, call up Grichuk and have him share CF with Jay. Grichuk at least has some pop. As for Adams, hate moving him too, but he,s not producing runs whatsoever yet. Craig been ice cold and he still has more RBIs than Adams. Plus, they got to create an opening and AB for Taveras.

Starting pitching is good enough. Could use some middle relief help and a big bag coming off the bench.