• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's go, Marquette!

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the sound of things, it appears that he is going to. He's still got a lot he could learn, and can be turnover-prone. I think Miles will be able to convince him to stay.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious why the hate? I am a Marquette fan, I give the guy props big time. He's a great player and I don't think he plays dirty. I watched him in a couple of games lately and he's been money. Just wondering why you "hate" him so much.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious why the hate? I am a Marquette fan, I give the guy props big time. He's a great player and I don't think he plays dirty. I watched him in a couple of games lately and he's been money. Just wondering why you "hate" him so much.

He's really good...he can just be a bit floppy at times though as well as getting super whiny. Also he plays for Creighton. And his dad's a douche.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think he will be a pretty good NBA player. Not calling him the next Larry Bird but I think his game will work at the next level.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think he will be a pretty good NBA player. Not calling him the next Larry Bird but I think his game will work at the next level.

Nope. He's not quick enough for the perimeter and he's too much of a bitch for down low. He's a tweener.

12 ppg career average type guy. Good for him.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. He's not quick enough for the perimeter and he's too much of a bitch for down low. He's a tweener.

12 ppg career average type guy. Good for him.

That would be just fine for him, though. He is never going to be a starter, so if he is a tad better than Kyle Korver would his team really be that disappointed?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be just fine for him, though. He is never going to be a starter, so if he is a tad better than Kyle Korver would his team really be that disappointed?

Yeah, it will be just fine for his wallet....and his daddy's wallet.

It will be interesting to see if he's a lottery pick with all the awards he's gonna get. He should go late first.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are fucking nuts. McDermott is smooth as shit and can shoot lights out. Even as a spot up shooter alone he is going to have an extremely long career in the NBA BUT the guy is much much more than that. Some guys just know how to score. He reminds me a TON of Alex English ( may be dating myself there ). but I think the guy is 18+ ppg in the league EASY. He is almost an impossible guard at any level.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are fucking nuts. McDermott is smooth as shit and can shoot lights out. Even as a spot up shooter alone he is going to have an extremely long career in the NBA BUT the guy is much much more than that. Some guys just know how to score. He reminds me a TON of Alex English ( may be dating myself there ). but I think the guy is 18+ ppg in the league EASY. He is almost an impossible guard at any level.

Hopefully you'll be able to see if your prediction comes true.

I think he's way too slow and with really no hops he's going to be very, very limited. His college game is all about angles and leverage with a dash of HORRIFIC defense he's facing. I think he's in for a very rude awakening.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree he's being under valued by people. He is ALWAYS moving. Never stops trying to get in a spot to score. And let's be honest, even if it's tougher for him to get open in NBA or get easy layups.....he's not going to forget how to shoot. So there will always be points to be had on shot alone.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he's being under valued by people. He is ALWAYS moving. Never stops trying to get in a spot to score. And let's be honest, even if it's tougher for him to get open in NBA or get easy layups.....he's not going to forget how to shoot. So there will always be points to be had on shot alone.

And how is he gonna get a clean look?

You're seriously undervaluing the defense he's going to be facing in the NBA. Right now he's a man among boys. That's all gonna change. He has no athleticism to go with that golden touch.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're seriously undervaluing the defense he's going to be facing in the NBA. Right now he's a man among boys. That's all gonna change. He has no athleticism to go with that golden touch.

The same way all other guys just like him get open looks. Off penetration by PG or off doubles of post players or stud players on his team. Difference is McDermott doesnt have to be WIDE open to get his shot because he is 6'7 and has a quick ass release. There are guys that made a career out of being shooters ( Ray Allen being the most prolific ) and very very few of those guys has been 6'7 and also had the ability to take a smaller 3 down on the block and score over him like McDermott will. His D is eh at best but honestly that is less of a concern now in the NBA than it was 20 years ago. The biggest difference between a scorer like McDermott and a scorer in the ilk of Jimmer Fredette as it pertains to the next level is McDermott has way more ways to score and does so MUCH more efficiently than Fredette ever did. Over the last 1 2/3 seasons the kid is averaging 1.8 point per shot... Let that soak in....1.8 POINTS PER SHOT. An efficiency rating of 90% every time he shoots a shot. Thats the highest number in that category since Wilt Chamberlain..

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By constantly moving, that's what he does. He also won't be a focal point on his nba team. There will be other guys defense key in on. And it's not like he can't get open lol all he's proven is he can. They guy also is 6'7-6'8 he can shoot over people. He's never shot under 40% from 3 in his life.

He will be fine in the NBA.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not comparing him to Larry Bird but was Larry a great athlete? I think he was a very smart player that knew how to play to his talents. He wasn't fast, he wasn't a leaper but in the end he could play couldn't he. I just think Doug McDermott has a special skill set that you don't see that often. Not going argue if I think he's going to average 12ppg or 17ppg but merely making the point I think the kid can play and exceed at the next level. He may not be the next Kevin Love but he will have a nice career in my opinion.