• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets argue over QB's, Can you name 10 Qb's you'd take over Aaron Rodgers

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch out, someones gonna call u stupid. Then the cowboys fan will lurk, and "like" the post.:nod:
Did your momma drop you on your head when you were an infant?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's odd mp one is putting Brees ahead of Rodgers on their all time lists . Brees has been elite for way longer than ARod. Has any many SBs and dwarfs him statistically

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i posted my lists. Agree or disagree. The only certain is that you would pay good money told run your fingers through aaron's hair.
And you probably like to play hide the sausage with your boyfriend.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have the most impressive numbers of all-time and he has 7 NFL Titles.

To simply say "no" is void of a helluva lot of perspective.

Most impressive numbers all time? How so?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely, but yes. It's also rather irrelevant as I probably have watched more games from the 80's over the past few years than anyone else on this entire forum.

:L

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure . Only 1 SB appearance ( win ), 13th all time in playoff wins ( tied with McNabb ) but many of the guys right behind him in that stat have multiple rings /appearances in SB , 17th all time in regular season wins. Stats wise he's slightly better than top 15 but not as good as top 10. Overall he's fringe 14-18 imo for results although he does have 2 MVPs so I could see an argument to have him as high as 12 results wise if you value MVPs on the same level as SBs

But... his career is still going. lol. These stats are all longevity based. That's so incredibly weak and possibly even downright disingenuous.

- Rodgers is 13th all-time in wins. Not 17th...

- 7 of the 12 players in front of him in wins are retired.

- The remaining 5 are older and have played 45, 68, 61, 104 and 133 more games than Rodgers. These QB's all have between 3 and 9.5 seasons worth of games on Rodgers.

- Rodgers is 7th all-time in win percentage. 3rd active behind only Brady and Ben. Rodgers cannot win games he has yet to play.

#1 active QB in TD% (#3 all-time)
#1 ALL-TIME in INT%
#1 ALL-TIME in Adjusted Yards Per Attempt
#1 ALL-TIME in passer rating (Yes, I am aware that this translates horribly across eras)
#2 active and #9 all-time in non-adjusted yards per attempt

The above are stats that don't take a full career to accumulate.

You're able to still cling to the longevity numbers because Rodgers is still just a LITTLE off from that inevitable point in every great QB's career where he starts tackling records and climbing leaderboards at lightning quick speed. He'll be in the top ten in wins, TD's and yardage very soon. So, again... your case against him is disingenuous.

2 MVP's
1 SB Ring
(and still playing)

Dazzling post-season numbers...

.562 Win% 63.5% CMP 4458 Yards 36 TD's 10 INT's 6.1 TD% 1.7 INT% 7.5 Y/A 99.4 Rating

If you claim to be able to find 15 or so resumes better than this all-time. You're full of shit and doing backflips in order to land on your preferred narrative. I'm sorry...

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most impressive numbers all time? How so?

Otto Graham played 10 seasons...

He amassed an .802 win%

Won 7 Titles

Led the league in passer rating 5 times (He actually posted two seasons with 100+ ratings in the 40's and 50's... that is utterly god-like)

Led the league in CMP% 4 times

Led the league in yardage 6 times

Led the league in TD's 3 times

Led the league 4 times in INT%

4th all-time in TD% (again... despite playing in the 40's/50's - this is hard to believe)

#1 all-time in yards per/attempt (holy shit...)

7x first-team all-pro

*He was top 5 in every major category when he didn't lead it, outside of a couple rare exceptions of being 6th or 7th*

I simply cannot stress enough...

This is an era where HOF QB's threw more INT's than TD's on a yearly basis. Him still holding or being near the top in all-time records is fucking absurd. NO ONE... NO ONE dominated an era at the QB position like Graham did.

You do not compare QB numbers across eras. That is utterly impossible. ESPECIALLY going back to the mid-20th century. You compare QB numbers to their counterparts from that time period and you see how they faired against them. Nobody even sniffed Graham. Not at winning games, not at the individual stats, not at the titles...

His case for GOAT is very, very real.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But... his career is still going. lol. These stats are all longevity based. That's so incredibly weak and possibly even downright disingenuous.

- Rodgers is 13th all-time in wins. Not 17th...

- 7 of the 12 players in front of him in wins are retired.

- The remaining 5 are older and have played 45, 68, 61, 104 and 133 more games than Rodgers. These QB's all have between 3 and 9.5 seasons worth of games on Rodgers.

- Rodgers is 7th all-time in win percentage. 3rd active behind only Brady and Ben. Rodgers cannot win games he has yet to play.

#1 active QB in TD% (#3 all-time)
#1 ALL-TIME in INT%
#1 ALL-TIME in Adjusted Yards Per Attempt
#1 ALL-TIME in passer rating (Yes, I am aware that this translates horribly across eras)
#2 active and #9 all-time in non-adjusted yards per attempt

The above are stats that don't take a full career to accumulate.

You're able to still cling to the longevity numbers because Rodgers is still just a LITTLE off from that inevitable point in every great QB's career where he starts tackling records and climbing leaderboards at lightning quick speed. He'll be in the top ten in wins, TD's and yardage very soon. So, again... your case against him is disingenuous.

2 MVP's
1 SB Ring
(and still playing)

Dazzling post-season numbers...

.562 Win% 63.5% CMP 4458 Yards 36 TD's 10 INT's 6.1 TD% 1.7 INT% 7.5 Y/A 99.4 Rating

If you claim to be able to find 15 or so resumes better than this all-time. You're full of shit and doing backflips in order to land on your preferred narrative. I'm sorry...
Result based numbers are longevity numbers . Thats why I said he's currently not in my top 15. I didn't say he'd never be . The OP is asking about right now not forecasting the future and he's 17th not 13th . Not sure where you got 13th from but he's got 100 career wins

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Result based numbers are longevity numbers . Thats why I said he's currently not in my top 15. I didn't say he'd never be . The OP is asking about right now not forecasting the future and he's 17th not 13th . Not sure where you got 13th from but he's got 100 career wins

13th... not 17th

NFL Quarterback Win/Loss Records | The Football Database

Longevity numbers are a silly way to judge a QB among the all-time greats when he's active and there isn't a doubt that he'll move up a good deal higher in those statistics. All he has to do is show up for a few more years. Seeing as he just signed a giant ass brand new contract, I find it highly unlikely that he doesn't do that.

It's like saying that Mike Trout hasn't eclipsed Paul Konerko as a baseball player because he hasn't surpassed him in hits or home runs to this point. It's irrelevant. His prime towers over that of Konerko's.

Rodgers is already at or near the top of the leaderboard in a multitude of statistics that QB's are judged by on HOF resumes. Playing long and accumulating more wins doesn't make you better than a guy who played shorter and was more efficient. Rodgers could retire tomorrow and easily have a better resume than a multitude of guys that you have him behind.