• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets argue over QB's, Can you name 10 Qb's you'd take over Aaron Rodgers

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my memory isnt short, there are qb;s NOW i like better than him and certainly in th past

That's cool man. I think you have a bias, a motive to prove this point and I disagree with your opinion.

Anyone who would say there's in the neighborhood of 10 QB's as good or better than Rodgers right now? He either A) Has some motivation to do so or a bias against Rodgers. B) Is not a reasonable person to interact with.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely, but yes. It's also rather irrelevant as I probably have watched more games from the 80's over the past few years than anyone else on this entire forum. Most people's memories of Marino and Montana are faded. Tainted by grandiose tales of their legend. Mine are rather fresh and more in perspective. Not to mention, that you can simply look up their pro football reference page. This ain't rocket science, it's football.

The "eye test" made by a fan from TV angles is a bull shit way of evaluating anyway.

Who is the best you ever watched?
Easily Marino. Montana might be the smartest under center.

Talent wise I put Manning over Rodgers too.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would switch him with Spurrier. Mainly because I didn't like him as a coach, being a Bowden guy and the visor was the icing. What NFL coach besides goof Lane Kiffin wears a visor? Oh yeah BB once in awhile
Matt Nagy. Bald-headed, and he habitually wears one.

I don't understand any of it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool man. I think you have a bias, a motive to prove this point and I disagree with your opinion.

Anyone who would say there's in the neighborhood of 10 QB's as good or better than Rodgers right now? He either A) Has some motivation to do so or a bias against Rodgers. B) Is not a reasonable person to interact with.
i never said they had to be current

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely, but yes. It's also rather irrelevant as I probably have watched more games from the 80's over the past few years than anyone else on this entire forum. Most people's memories of Marino and Montana are faded. Tainted by grandiose tales of their legend. Mine are rather fresh and more in perspective. Not to mention, that you can simply look up their pro football reference page. This ain't rocket science, it's football.

The "eye test" made by a fan from TV angles is a bull shit way of evaluating anyway.

Who is the best you ever watched?
best passer to me is Marino.
Could you imagine if he played on a niner or Cowboy team that were stacked back in the day instead of it being Marino on offense only. Yes he had the mark brothers but he made all WRs really.
Smartest QB ever has to be Peyton Manning.
Greatest all time has a resume connected to them so then you have Brady & Joe Cool.
but if building a team around a certain talent. I would say Marino or Manning.
Then just be smart enough so when they score 35+points you have a defense to keep the other team under 35+.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dude, u just quoted me, where i said i DIDNT say now.

then you come back to 10 qb's right now?

also this thread stems from the rodgers being rodgers thread battling lafleur. Many things in a qb besides arm talant:suds:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers is still very good but he's regressing the last few years , becoming increasingly fragile ( physically AND mentally ) and he's about to be 36. I still have him in my top 10 for this year but it wouldn't shock me if he's not actually a top 10 guy by year's end and he certainly is no lock to be a top 10 guy going forward 3-4 years .

We've become spoiled with the greatness of Brady and Brees this late into their careers . Those are the anomalies not the norm and they're certainly not the norm amongst guys who start to get injured every year .

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily Marino. Montana might be the smartest under center.

Talent wise I put Manning over Rodgers too.

I am glad you said Marino. I agree with that. He was probably the best pure passer the game has seen. Peyton was also right there. I think Brady/Montana are very similar, same with Peyton/Marino. Marino was putting up 2010's numbers in the 1980's. Which is insane.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is still very good but he's regressing the last few years , becoming increasingly fragile ( physically AND mentally ) and he's about to be 36. I still have him in my top 10 for this year but it wouldn't shock me if he's not actually a top 10 guy by year's end and he certainly is no lock to be a top 10 guy going forward 3-4 years .

We've become spoiled with the greatness of Brady and Brees this late into their careers . Those are the anomalies not the norm and they're certainly not the norm amongst guys who start to get injured every year .

I think it is the norm now. Remember, Peyton last until he was 40 playing great football as well. It wasn't until that final season that he fell off. You also have Ben and Rivers going strong now into their late 30's. Who was the last "great" QB who fell off in his early or mid 30's? It doesn't happen really at this point. I think QB's bodies take less of a beating and the game is designed in a way which allows them to extend their careers.

I still have him in my top 10 for this year but it wouldn't shock me if he's not actually a top 10 guy by year's end and he certainly is no lock to be a top 10 guy going forward 3-4 years .

This is exactly why I think GB might win the Super Bowl. Because people are doubting the hell out of them. For the past few years, they've been among the favorites to win it all. A perennial Super Bowl pick by many analysts.

Now, everyone has lit a fire under a baaaaad man's ass and I think he might make a lot of people eat their fucking words.

For what it's worth, I don't really see where Rodgers has regressed in much of any capacity. Outside of his injury season in 2017 - his numbers haven't really moved much. As far as him becoming fragile... most QB's will suffer a bad injury at some point in their career. That is, if they're fortunate enough to play into their mid-late 30's. If Rodgers was having a reoccurring issue, I would understand cause to believe he's become fragile. However, these injuries have all been isolated instances where he landed or got driven into the ground awkwardly.

I just have to see real evidence that HE has declined as a QB to believe it. Not his team going 6-9-1. His team who is a proven circus act without his presence.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best passer to me is Marino.
Could you imagine if he played on a niner or Cowboy team that were stacked back in the day instead of it being Marino on offense only. Yes he had the mark brothers but he made all WRs really.
Smartest QB ever has to be Peyton Manning.
Greatest all time has a resume connected to them so then you have Brady & Joe Cool.
but if building a team around a certain talent. I would say Marino or Manning.
Then just be smart enough so when they score 35+points you have a defense to keep the other team under 35+.

I would like to see Rodgers with a legit D for most of his career as well. The one year he had an elite D - he won the Super Bowl. Well, actually... F that... I'm a Bears fan. But you get what I mean.

I have no beef with your QB list, though. Good choices

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arguably montana and peyton manning. thats it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 No. But there are a few playing currently I would take over A-A-Ron

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz
Foles
Mahomes
Mayfield
Brady
Luck
Trubisky
Rivers
Sudfeld

Nope.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad you said Marino. I agree with that. He was probably the best pure passer the game has seen. Peyton was also right there. I think Brady/Montana are very similar, same with Peyton/Marino. Marino was putting up 2010's numbers in the 1980's. Which is insane.
marino was and is a man among boys, i was very young during his time. But from what ive seen. I have NEVER seen a guy who can throw the ball like him. just crazy

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady
Brees
Wilson
Roethlisberger
Rivers
Mahomes
Watson
Mayfield
Luck
Wentz

All are debatable... But considering the age of most of these guys, they have more value.