• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets all point and laugh at Virginia Tech

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some second stringers transfer out and the VT trolls kickin in. Nevermind that 11 PSU players are planning to transfer. Hilarious.

GR

big_1429807166_image.jpg

AG
best_guy_ever.jpg
hmmm GoldRusher got his initials in bold. I'm jelly.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he is from Kentucky and played for Kentucky. It was a pretty well known fact around here (Troy area) that NB's #1 job destination was always Kentucky.

Did not know that. Still, i doubt he takes a step down for a program like UK when he's already at WVU

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the younger talented bucks have something else in mind. Will be an interesting year for sure.

giphy.gif

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not know that. Still, i doubt he takes a step down for a program like UK when he's already at WVU

Probably not as big of a difference as you would think anymore. 15 years of constant ESPN SEC dick sucking has even the traditionally shitty SEC programs sitting pretty $$$ and recruiting wise.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubts about Brown rolling out for Kentucky, should it open and not be a complete dumpster fire in the next 5 years.

Why not give Foster a crack at it? Your defense will always be good and your offense when it sucked would still win plenty a games under Beamer. I doubt foster would be any different.

Side note, when y’all played us in 2017 wasn’t Josh Jackson a freshman?

He doesn't really have the mentality to be a head coach apparently. One of the knocks against him even as a DC is he doesn't really recruit at the level some of his peers do. Like he'll only come in during the final stages whereas other top DCs are in there at all phases of the process. If he doesn't like doing that stuff as a coordinator, what's he going to do as the HC

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not as big of a difference as you would think anymore. 15 years of constant ESPN SEC dick sucking has even the traditionally shitty SEC programs sitting pretty $$$ and recruiting wise.
Mmmmmmnah. Maybe if it was S. Carolina or Ole Miss, but UK? I dont think so

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the exact reasons, honestly, but if it was going to happen it would have already happened. I imagine a lot of it is recruiting related. I think Shane Beamer would get a shot before Foster would.....not sure how I would feel about that either but i do think that would be a possibility if Fuente gets shit canned next year.

and yes. JJ was a redshirt freshman that year. Good fucking riddance to him. Now Fuente doesn't have a chance to start him over the better QB next year.

Ahh I see on both points. Saw Jackson graduated and I was shocked because I thought he was a true freshman but him being a redshirt makes more sense.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't really have the mentality to be a head coach apparently. One of the knocks against him even as a DC is he doesn't really recruit at the level some of his peers do. Like he'll only come in during the final stages whereas other top DCs are in there at all phases of the process. If he doesn't like doing that stuff as a coordinator, what's he going to do as the HC

That’s true, recruiting is half the battle. You can only coach a kid up so much and rely on their raw talent.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TJabroni

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Hokie mind-fucked AG? I don't remember this VT infatuation.

TJabroni

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jackson felt disrespected after he was knocked out of his starting position due to injury and was asked to compete for the starting quarterback job again this spring"

I didn't even read this shit until today....

Good Lord I am glad this pussy is gone.

Some friends were busting my balls about the transfer, then I read that shit... good god. Hill is the only one that slightly still stings, but he was kicked off the team so I'm not even sure that's a 'transfer'.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jackson felt disrespected after he was knocked out of his starting position due to injury and was asked to compete for the starting quarterback job again this spring"

He knows that there are more talented players in that QB room and while he has the most experience, he likely would not win the starting job. For that matter, he would be competing for the back-up roll. He probably wouldn't be able to handle going from starter to not even the back-up.

Some of the other transfers are to try to showcase their skill set in a different system, so I can understand that as well. Then Hill had disciplinary issues, so while a loss as far as talent, that was his own doing.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knows that there are more talented players in that QB room and while he has the most experience, he likely would not win the starting job. For that matter, he would be competing for the back-up roll. He probably wouldn't be able to handle going from starter to not even the back-up.

Some of the other transfers are to try to showcase their skill set in a different system, so I can understand that as well. Then Hill had disciplinary issues, so while a loss as far as talent, that was his own doing.

JJ would make a decent backup somewhere but he has no business being a power 5 starting QB. He just isn't good enough at anything for that to be true. I read awhile back (before he even announced his transfer) that he was considering going to Bowling Green to play for Lefty again. That would be a decent spot for him. A QB that has no business playing in the big leagues with a coach that has no business coaching in them.

The rest are all depth hits but none are insurmountable. Kumah wasn't bad but was probably never going to start again (was listed as a back up on their spring roster which apparently pissed him off). McClease is about the same. Cunningham was a good teammate and i would have liked to keep him around because of that but he wasn't ever going to start another game. Kearney had some promise around him but wasn't better than the guys in front of him and probably never would be (he got pissed when Ashby got healthy and they gave him his starting job back leading to him quitting mid season).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he played for Alabama I'd start a go fund me to pay for a moving company.