• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let it out Playoff Rants

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little self therapy for anyone that needs it in this no judgement thread (who we kidding, we still gonna judge!!!)

So my big money 12 man ppr league playoffs start week 13. With 6 teams getting in the Big Boy Playoffs.
Also a 2 week total combined score championship of week 15 and 16. (One game ship is to luck based, need two week.)
1 and 2 seed get a bye.
3 v 6
4 v 5.

I'm the 3 seed and of course I have Brees and Karama on fricken Thursday night game, hate those games.
Drew shits the bed... Kamara gets hit in the head (that dude targeted at least twice in that game, b.s.)
So of course now I need to wait multiple days knowing out of two big guns I got a total of 26 pts, that crap stings!!! Yes, I know anything can happen but as we all know the top 6 teams made the playoffs for a reason, skilled gm, and good team. So it's not like I'm playing Mr. Last place owner. I thought Dallas would slow the game down but in no way did I think they'd do what they did in that game. Could I of sat Drew, sure but our waiver at QB has Chase Dainels top of the option.... Sometimes I wish I had the fantasy team owner balls to put a Chase in over Drew but damn....not gonna do it! hahahha. Of course the top 3 owners get paid and just making the playoffs we get $50.00 but what is $50.00 besides far from the big money and far, far away from holding the league trophy!!! Well here goes all or nothing as DUB the 3 seed is now the UnderDUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I have a bass tournament I'm off to in Charleston this weekend... How can I focus, How can I!!! Maybe it's perfect timing as I can cast my hopes and dreams with each attempt to lure a fish and fantasy team LOL.

-DUB-

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain. I had Kamara and Thomas going last night. ... and got basically nothing - that's 2 games in a row neither has scored. I was real confused on the Saints game plan. Seems they were sleep-walking through most of it - it was like "all we have to do is keep it close and we'll prevail in the end". Guess the DAL DST had something to do with it (credit where it's due) but it was almost like they just didn't particularly care to be there. ...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain. I had Kamara and Thomas going last night. ... and got basically nothing - that's 2 games in a row neither has scored. I was real confused on the Saints game plan. Seems they were sleep-walking through most of it - it was like "all we have to do is keep it close and we'll prevail in the end". Guess the DAL DST had something to do with it (credit where it's due) but it was almost like they just didn't particularly care to be there. ...
Brees was especially bad. Making bad decisions and awful throws.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't face any saints last night. Fucking assholes.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I subbed in Brees for Cam in one league yesterday- oops!
But the big playoff ouch- I have been rolling along in my big money league and now Melvin Gordon goes down just in time for the playoffs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost 4 straight to go from 6-2 to 6-6 in mbbrl and out of playoffs

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the #3 seed in a 12 man 6 owners make the playoffs money league. PPR.
I won the first round that started this thread.
This week I played the #2 seed (he also had the bye came in 11 and 1 record, scored most points in regular season too.)
Well the thing I hate and love cause it hurts is the fantasy playoffs one and done... I work to build a team that takes 5 months to do and boom out and now fallen to the 3rd place contest. (Thankfully we do a two week championship total points for those two weeks winner, take out luck and add more skill to the game.)
1st and 2nd and 3rd pay out. So chance I fall to 4th next week and get nothing...

Unless you have just an all star team which our #1 and #2 seed teams do have I have come to realize the BIG BRASS BALLS you need to have to go way out the box.

I need to treat playoffs as daily fantasy but it sucks to drop big name players that the remaining playoff teams can scoop up... what I mean is this...
My lineup today was
Drew Brees
Kamara
Barkley
Devante Adams
Zay Jones
Eric Ebron
Justin Jackson
Rams Kicker
Rams Def

My bench mainly handcuff rbs so I would of needed to sit Drew Brees (everyone thought he'd play better this week vs bucs.) Kamara was subpar. Zay I needed cause of the Odell news and I knew he'd get looks but Foster was the winner this time around, smh. Justin Jackson did nothing as the game flow wasn't one to use him, could of used anyone but him...smh... Rams def I played thinking low score which it was but Giants sat on waivers but again no balls to play them. All in All I left 30 points easily but just sitting back hoping instead of going all out for the win... I have not won this league in now 11 years so it just pisses me off to be close to the SHIP and once again fail when as a owner it takes balls..... Just ranting and realizing it's now Monday and fantasy is over for me, Packers are in up and down games and front office mode, and the DUB haters filled my feed with hate as usual...... I've come to realize also that I am a great GM when it comes to trades. I work the waivers (faab league) but only avg. maybe slightly above avg. as I missed guys like Lindsey, Winston, etc... Setting my lineup again avg. I seem to leave pts on bench way too often. And playoffs no brass balls! That being said I don't know if putting in 5 months of work next year is worth all the effin trouble.... do i stick around for all the guy drama soap show called our league, the pressure week in and week out, the ups and downs.... it's exhausting but as the league rolls back around I'm sure the frown on my face will turn right side up too..... smdh!!!!!!!!!!

-DUB-

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started 7-0 went 2-5 since and mostly out (need wilson to get less than 4 points) Lost hunt was only player that hurt the rest have just stunk lately but ill be back again next year for more aggravation:suds:

Theres alot of luck in fantasy and even the so called experts are wrong alot

Reactions: DUB

Deacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost by 1 pt in the first rd of playoffs.

I was the #1 seed with the second most points scored in league.
I had a sizable predicted margin of victory.

My opponent had Amari Cooper.

And I lost by one point cause Odell freaking Beckham Jr decided at game time to not play.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Deacon I feel the fantasy pain!!! I lost by 2 because Seattle went for a 2pt conv. with Russell...smh...
I had Odell but just like you benched him but waiver being so thin I had Zay Jones to pick from or jets wrs.... Zay sucked ass!!!! Man sorry to hear about a top seed like yourself going out early when you busted ass all season to get to the #1 seed.... I am so thinking of changing playoffs from one and done to damn total points for week's 13, 14, 15, 16.... I just hate working hard for 5 months in hard 12 man leagues to go out early...

-DUB-

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATLEAST YOU DIDNT DRAFT LEVEON BELL WITH THE FIRST PICK OF THE DRAFT OVER TODD GURLEY

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my 2nd biggest money league. I hadn't dipped below 95 all year (0.5 PPR). My opponent posted 80 - should have been an easy win. However, after being projected for 115? I scored 66!

Eh well... still in decent shape in my big money league. Embarrassing showing, though.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@richig07 damn... that is a low score! And watching the person you playing put up only 80 too...smh....
Good luck in getting the win in the other league though!!

I always give myself until Wed. morning after waivers to regroup for the upcoming week but damn a playoff L by 2 damn pts still hurting the fantasy heart!!!! I'm trying to focus on this 3rd place match I have this week because it still pays out a handful of Benjamins.... However, it's just not getting me pumped at all yet.... Can't come in 4th cause that crap pays NOTHING and no respect at all..... Seriously sitting damn Jeff Wilson for Justin Jackson will haunt me this whole off-season!!! Damn you Odell.... if you played never would of came down to that!!!!

-DUB-

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No rants.
My teams that were good did good. My teams that were bad, played spoiler to ruin someone else's playoff chances.

And actually, in the league where I have Gurley and Goff... I had a playoff bye as the #1 seed last weekend... So all is good.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting a combined 18pts I needed from Gurley and Legatron in MBBRL to make the playoffs still stings a bit

(They scored 12, GregZ had a missed FG too)

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe the bragging rant is another section !!!! hahahah good work!

@SmokingMonkey see avg. joe.. monkey gets what this section is for... stings, burns, pitiful performances!!!!

-DUB-

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SmokingMonkey speaking of the LEG....he makes that FG my L by 2pts is a WIN...damn it...don't make me rant again !!!!

-DUB-