• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leftwich to Jacksonville?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's the right guy for Lawrence's development and will do well if the Jags F.O. gets the right players around the kid.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching hires are a complete crapshoot. And so much what makes a good coaching hire is really the players a coach is given. Bill Belichick's coaching career would have been over about 20 years ago if they hadn't had lucked out and drafted Brady.

Most overrated aspect of the NFL right now IMO. The biggest difference between a great coach and a bad coach almost always has nothing to do with the coaches talents/schemes/decisions at all and everything to do with the players he is given.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching hires are a complete crapshoot. And so much what makes a good coaching hire is really the players a coach is given. Bill Belichick's coaching career would have been over about 20 years ago if they hadn't had lucked out and drafted Brady.

Most overrated aspect of the NFL right now IMO. The biggest difference between a great coach and a bad coach almost always has nothing to do with the coaches talents/schemes/decisions at all and everything to do with the players he is given.
Im Confident urban was the issue.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the right move, we will see

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the players Jax has/had, most coaches would have won 4 - 6 games. Urban wasn't the only issue, but most likely the largest issue.
I dont disagree they werent set up for success this season. But it appeared they took no steps forward.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, except in the case of Jimma Johnson..........he made that team his own thru trades and draft choices.
Jerrah got lucky and it's shown for the last 25 years or so.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better to try someone new than go with another failed retread like some teams will.

Not sure I'd be thrilled with this hire if I were a Jags fan but it can't get worse than the last guy.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer was certainly a net negative in Jacksonville but I thought the 2021 passing scheme did a lot to help Lawrence. Lawrence should be better simply for having a year's NFL experience under his belt. Any replacement HC in Jacksonville should improve a lot of things for the Jaguars in 2022 but I wouldn't bet on Lawrence being 1 of them, unless crossing routes are completely removed from the new playbook. Not hating, just an opinion.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree in a pretty big way. Coaching matters a lot. Does Brady become "Tom Brady" without that staff? I don't know. BB built a great D during his time there as well. There's definitely a grey area in the middle that a lot of coaches fall into. Where personnel makes or breaks them. However, there is absolutely a such thing as a "great" HC and a "bad" HC.