• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron to LA

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just called me out about not saying anything about the media.... Yet I did and then you quote me about the media... Then again... the sun has fried your head

Again, what the heck does the media have to do with ANYTHING regarding the OP?

Are you usually this slow?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but the difference is, Philly has never been one of the best teams of all team. Houston has never been.

The Lakers have. And they have sucked since the failed Dwight-Nash experiment. Sucked big time.

For the 2nd best team in NBA history to go through the abysmal spell they've been in, and then to get the best player in the league... yeah it's more of a big deal than if he were to sign with Philly or Houston.

Depends on how you look at it. LA is LA but if he goes to Houston or Philly they are contenders. If he goes to LA he’s on the 3rd best team in the west which isn’t that news worthy.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron to LA would bring a lot of excitement back to LA. Whether he can get a title is another story. He is like a car that has 300,000 miles on it. He might continue to play at a high level for awhile but with his mileage he could also start breaking down quickly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also where did I say the Stephen A Smith was talking about the media... I quoted Stephen A and then a discussing occurred and the media was part of the discussion on this thread... What part of that don't you get?

The 'media' was never part of the discussion. You randomly included it in and expected me to reply to it - which I never did.

So again (seeing as you're not quite getting it) - what the hell does the media have ANYTHING to do with it?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, what the heck does the media have to do with ANYTHING regarding the OP?

Are you usually this slow?

I was quoting Stephen A and then it got to the topic of "hype" and what not so I mentioned media.. I wasn't ever talking about what the OP said... What part don't you get?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how you look at it. LA is LA but if he goes to Houston or Philly they are contenders. If he goes to LA he’s on the 3rd best team in the west which isn’t that news worthy.

If he goes to Philly they're only contenders in the East. Houston and they'd probably be favorites for the 'ship.

If he goes to LA the Lakers turn from a below average lottery team to (according to you) the 3rd best team in the best conference in the league.

Pretty big if you ask me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was quoting Stephen A and then it got to the topic of "hype" and what not so I mentioned media.. I wasn't ever talking about what the OP said... What part don't you get?

When was 'hype' mentioned?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get over yourself.....

Is this how you try to end the conversation when you realised you've been talking shit and don't know what the hell you're on about this entire time?

I can do a quick recap if you like but it really wouldn't make you look too good.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this how you try to end the conversation when you realised you've been talking shit and don't know what the hell you're on about this entire time?

I can do a quick recap if you like but it really wouldn't make you look too good.

Page 6 I mentioned media... again, you said I never said anything about the media... I did.... But if you want to make yourself feel better on a message board go right ahead but this back and forth crap isn't worth it with you anymore.. Do what you want...

As far as me talking shit I was not.. I was stating what I thought about Smith's quote and saying I was thinking the hype and media would be the same anywhere else.. That's all I said

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes to Philly they're only contenders in the East. Houston and they'd probably be favorites for the 'ship.

If he goes to LA the Lakers turn from a below average lottery team to (according to you) the 3rd best team in the best conference in the league.

Pretty big if you ask me.

If he goes to Houston, that's a lot of talent on one roster (provided they keep CP3). However, that is also 3 guys that are used to dominating the ball. Houston made it work with two by staggering their minutes so that one is always on the floor. Trying to do that with 3 players will result in an awful lot of overlap and guys sacrificing shots (or will they willingly do so?). It's not an automatic "just add Lebron" and get better by a Lebron sized jump.

To some extent, the Sixers situation is a bit similar, as Lebron would be taking a big part of Simmons' role (and he's not exactly going to help by spacing the floor). Again, adding Lebron loses a bit in the translation.

Now with LA, adding Lebron to an already unselfish team of kids still learning how to take over and win games is a huge addition. Of course, the Lakers are also the furthest of these teams from contending without Lebron today and have the furthest to go.

Each situation is very different, all with their advantages and issues. Texas offers tax breaks. Cleveland offers his home to this point. LA offers the entertainment industry, weather, and apparently where his kid might want to play basketball (although I'm sure there are similar programs across the country). Lots of options to weigh...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. They aren't anywhere close to the glamour franchise the Lakers are. Even during this past few years when they haven't even been a playoff contender, articles about the Lakers are guaranteed click bait.

Obviously, wherever Lebron goes, it's going to be interesting and make news. But when it's the Lakers, it seems to be bigger news.

There's a reason that David Stern once said that his dream finals would be Lakers vs. Lakers.

Boom shaka laka.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes to Houston, that's a lot of talent on one roster (provided they keep CP3). However, that is also 3 guys that are used to dominating the ball. Houston made it work with two by staggering their minutes so that one is always on the floor. Trying to do that with 3 players will result in an awful lot of overlap and guys sacrificing shots (or will they willingly do so?). It's not an automatic "just add Lebron" and get better by a Lebron sized jump.

I've been saying that for a whiel now.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Goff is legit, improving every season

He's gonna have to do better against the playoff defenses and the top teams though -- last year he wasn't great against those teams.

He didn't look good against Minnesota. Was ok against Philly. Ok against Nawlins and Jville. Did great against Tennessee. Rams exploded on a few bad teams last year no doubt.

If He improves more then yeah we are going to be tough if we stay healthy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Page 6 I mentioned media... again, you said I never said anything about the media... I did.... But if you want to make yourself feel better on a message board go right ahead but this back and forth crap isn't worth it with you anymore.. Do what you want...

As far as me talking shit I was not.. I was stating what I thought about Smith's quote and saying I was thinking the hype and media would be the same anywhere else.. That's all I said

Yes, YOU keep mentioning the media. Nobody else is.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, YOU keep mentioning the media. Nobody else is.

I was stating my opinion as to why I thought no matter where Lebron when it would be a "show" as Stephen A was saying it would be in LA. What you aren't getting is that it was my opinion as to why I thought that...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could, but the Warriors would still be the favorites and what do they do with Kyrie?

It's not like they have the cap space to just sign him like the Sixers. They will have to make moves.

You realize that if Lebron comes to the Lakers, he won't be coming by himself, right?

Of course. Still probably won't be enough. Unless that second player is Kevin Durant (not happening).

I am assuming Kyrie would be the odd man out of LeBron did a sign and trade to force his way to Boston.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sit abck and get your pop corn ready this will be an interesting summer