• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron out of the playoffs for just the second time since 2005… Let’s celebrate!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem IMO was that Westbrook was best when Lebron was off the court. I thought that was the original intent, to minimize the time without a playmaker on the court. If he had to start, he should be the first one subbed out.

Of course.

And that should have and could have happened without AD.

But they are 2 of your 3 best players and your best 2 without AD.

When you are talking about staggering as a strategy to minimize the time your best 2 players are sharing the court that is a big problem.

It means you have terrible fit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.

And that should have and could have happened without AD.

But they are 2 of your 3 best players and your best 2 without AD.

When you are talking about staggering as a strategy to minimize the time your best 2 players are sharing the court that is a big problem.

It means you have terrible fit.

Not exactly a revelation there, most have assumed that since day one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly a revelation there, most have assumed that since day one.

Did you read the posts you responded too?

I was pushing back on DJ for saying the Laker stars didn’t have enough time together to gel.

That is false.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was pushing back on DJ for saying the Laker stars didn’t have enough time together to gel.

That is false.
To gel, you're right. That doesn't mean that with MORE time together, they wouldn't be an above .500 team and comfortably in the playoffs though. Once you get that Lebron/AD combo in the playoffs, things get interesting.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To gel, you're right. That doesn't mean that with MORE time together, they wouldn't be an above .500 team and comfortably in the playoffs though. Once you get that Lebron/AD combo in the playoffs, things get interesting.

I said they would have been a playoff team with AD.

Still don’t think they had enough support to make any real run once they got there. Maybe 1 series win if they got the right opponent.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hilarious really. And unlike most clowns he's not scary at all.

Funny story. My ex-wife is scared of clowns. When our daughter was 5, we take her to a friends birthday party where the family had hired a clown. Our daughter was one of those kids (and now is one of those adults) who has never met a stranger. So at one point, she pulls the clown aside and tells the clown all about how her Mommy is scared of clowns. Then she brings the clown over to her Mommy to show her she doesn't need to be scared.

The best part was when the clown started talking to her about it like some kind of clown therapist.

I, of course, am standing off to the side watching this with tears streaming down my face and turning purple trying to keep from exploding in laughter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the purpose of posting this is, but guessing to try and prove yourself right when you said he went to LA for non-basketball reasons/

But…

The Lakers won a title.

And ANY superstar athlete making 45 million base + endorsements and investment opportunities should have substantial net worth hikes every season.

Not just because he is in LA.
let me inform you

a poster said that Cowherd said LeBron has made 400-800 million SINCE being in LA. I said that was very wrong and looked up the proof.

a little reading rainbow for ya slugger?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me inform you

a poster said that Cowherd said LeBron has made 400-800 million SINCE being in LA. I said that was very wrong and looked up the proof.

a little reading rainbow for ya slugger?

Do we expect Cowherd to be accurate on anything, lol?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he did get them a championship a few years ago. As a Lakers fan that's good enough for me.

It's also one more than championship than the combined 110 years both your teams have been in the league...
Why not, I celebrated last night when I saw that the Pacers missed the playoffs

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is false.
The Lakers made a horrible mistake getting Westbrook, but 13 expiring contracts didn't help either. Westbrook clearly told the coach that he wanted the ball after every rebound, so that did not go well for the punk