• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current Cav roster was created by a domino effect that started when David Griffin was let go. Up until that point, they did a lot of things right. But that move was the beginning of the end for LeBron. A clear signal that Gilbert was no longer willing to make all the moves LeBron needed him to. Everything that has happened since has been a comedy of errors.
Do you still believe this, Lance? Just saw a list of Griffin's top 5 moves here and it's hard to say he did much of anything.

Cleveland Cavaliers: David Griffin’s Top 5 Transactions as GM

#1 move - trade for 3 guys who no longer play for us. 2 of which contributed about as much as I did to the title.
#2 - used assets/players mostly acquired by Chris Grant to make this move
#3 - I do love Frye but by title team he was pretty much James Jones
#4 - He was in on HIRING David Blatt and had to be convinced by Gilbert to make this move
#5 - from the author - "Alright, so Griff might not had much to do with this one,"........"Getting James back in the wine and gold may have been a deal that Griffin didn’t need to do much work for."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta ask....still think so?

Lebron is and always will be a leader. Front office moves and piss poor management doesn't really have anything to do with it. The rumors about him asking to get his teammates out of town and the locker room separated gossip, I have heard that before and rumors will be rumors. Still a leader, but you still need players around you and a F.O. that has half a brain.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is and always will be a leader. Front office moves and piss poor management doesn't really have anything to do with it. The rumors about him asking to get his teammates out of town and the locker room separated gossip, I have heard that before and rumors will be rumors. Still a leader, but you still need players around you and a F.O. that has half a brain.
wont go back and forth with you on this, but this is a leader?

Report: Lakers teammates became distrustful of LeBron James over Anthony Davis trade talks

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe its time for lebron to take up baseball.........playoff basketball isnt happening this year

The Birmingham Barons could certainly use a new bat in the lineup

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as others have said, fit, roles and the team around them definitely has a lot to do with how successful a guy becomes and Draymond is in a system that plays to his skills.

I think Draymond is a better player, but I do agree that if the teams they are currently on were switched, Draymond probably doesn't look quite as good as he does and Nance probably looks a little better than he does now.

But I think Draymond would still be considered the better player overall.
well, looking like on bad teams they are very similar players. For his sake, I hope Nance gets to play for an elite team again to see what he could do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a lot better than you give him credit for though.

And he used to be a pretty proficient shooter.

There are 3 forward/centers in the entire NBA on dray's level as a playmaker and they are all MVP candidates (LeBron, Giannis, Jokic). When you combine the work ethic, the drive and the unique skill set, you have a special player.

While I don't think he is good enough to lead a random bad team to the playoffs as their star, I also think he is the type of player that can lead a locker room and change a culture. Put him on Phoenix and they are probably contentending for a playoff spot instead of Zion because they have some talent already and Draymond brings them everything they lack: toughness, defense, ball handling
while I guess not nuts to disagree, I don't see Dray making the Suns a playoff contender.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's almost no way Draymond becomes an unknown. It's mostly due to his work ethic, his attitude and underdog mentality. He thrives off of being the guy that people underestimate. There's an interview a few years back where he recites every single player taken in front of him in the draft in order. He remembers that kind of stuff and it pushes him. He had a mini coming out party under Mark Jackson when David Lee got hurt in the playoffs against the Clippers and he had to start and played really well. Then when Kerr took over, Kerr told Draymond he didn't have any minutes for him. When David Lee got hurt the following year in training camp, it forced Kerr to start Draymond who then excelled and would not relinquish his spot even after Lee returned (who was an all-star the year previous).

Draymond to this day still gets into it with teammates and coaches all the time. It's his nature. He's going to do what he can to win, and when you do that it makes it impossible for a guy like that to go unnoticed.
I think if you didn't already know who he was he would be unnoticed this season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you didn't already know who he was he would be unnoticed this season.
If you didn't already know who he was it would be because he wasn't once a standout very good player and a key reason for the Warriors' run.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't buy into LeBron's leadership skills?
I knew I'd get caught on something. though truth be told, still not as much as most might. He just happens to still be a great player and still among the best in the game.

But he's no Kyrie, that's for sure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't already know who he was it would be because he wasn't once a standout very good player and a key reason for the Warriors' run.
If I ignore he once played with a team of elite players and other stars then, no, he would not be getting noticed this year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saying Draymond doesn't bring toughness to the Warrior locker room?

I get why people don't like his antics. Hell, I don't either. Wish he would stop complaining to refs so much. But dude is as tough as they come and has had to be his entire life. You don't win DPOY as a 6'7"big man with average NBA athleticism if you aren't tough.

Dray has won and won big on every level. Saying he is "fake tough" is every bit as silly as trying to compare him to Larry Nance JR.
And yet they look very comparable this year, don't they? well, other than Nance blowing him away in shooting %.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I ignore he once played with a team of elite players and other stars then, no, he would not be getting noticed this year.
Tomato, potato

He was once a very good and very important player on a dynasty. Simple facts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny.

I don't remember saying that.

Not even Wiggy would think that Larry Nance could replicate Draymond's role.
If he could get that shooting % up quite a bit maybe he could.