• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LB Mychal Kendricks to sign 1-year deal with Seahawks

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, i was just thinking it would be nice to build some depth in case of injuries. But what do I know. No one ever makes it past round 4 in the NFL. I mean you 2 probably have "12" jerseys on as we speak, so of course you guys know your stuff!
I don't think anyone here is against having depth on the roster, but it's not a one or the other thing. The team had 4 5th round selections in this last draft, but you're telling me using 1 of them on an incredible punter completely sabotages any attempt to build depth?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone here is against having depth on the roster, but it's not a one or the other thing. The team had 4 5th round selections in this last draft, but you're telling me using 1 of them on an incredible punter completely sabotages any attempt to build depth?

I have no clue how anyone could criticize the Dickson pick. He was the best punter in the last 5+ years according to PFF (they only had stats of 4-5 years), clearly dominated Ryan in the preseason so much we cut Ryan before it was even over, saved us money, was great in his debut (granted it was Denver where air is thin), and is on a team that is going to be punting a fuck ton for the foreseeable future. Not like we spent a 1-3rd rounder on the guy.... it was a 5th round pick for F sake.

We kept Ryan (horribly inconsistent) and let go of Hausch who was money for us.... clearly a mistake the team is looking to amend now. With Ryan + whatever inconsistent kicker we picked up this offseason we had two horribly inconsistent kickers. At least with Dickson 1/2 is reliable now. Course that means Dickson will probably get injured and.... eh whatever.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue how anyone could criticize the Dickson pick. He was the best punter in the last 5+ years according to PFF (they only had stats of 4-5 years), clearly dominated Ryan in the preseason so much we cut Ryan before it was even over, saved us money, was great in his debut (granted it was Denver where air is thin), and is on a team that is going to be punting a fuck ton for the foreseeable future. Not like we spent a 1-3rd rounder on the guy.... it was a 5th round pick for F sake.

We kept Ryan (horribly inconsistent) and let go of Hausch who was money for us.... clearly a mistake the team is looking to amend now. With Ryan + whatever inconsistent kicker we picked up this offseason we had two horribly inconsistent kickers. At least with Dickson 1/2 is reliable now. Course that means Dickson will probably get injured and.... eh whatever.

Dickson is the only punter that I know of that earned MVP in a bowl game....

Texas punter Michael Dickson was the MVP of the Texas Bowl

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to re-invent history to bolster your point Shark. Ryan was not 'horribly inconsistent.' He was a long time valuable member of the special teams, who was outplayed by a better younger player.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I'm dealing with PE1's brother

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kendricks is able to stay on the field, he looks like a keeper.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Kendricks - since this is a thread about him... He was fantastic last week considering the short time he had to prepare for the game... With Wright, Wagner, Kendricks, our LB core has got to be one of the tops in the NFL now w/ the addition of Kendricks… Mingo has been very good as well... Wright looks like he'll need another week before returning but if we continue to keep Kendricks on this roster, our LB core is going to be one of the better ones in the NFL... Hopefully Kendricks can go this weekend even though he's questionable w/ an ankle injury...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the Hawks LB core was all ready one of the best in the NFL ( When Bobby and KJ play ). The Hawks use 2 LBers more than they use 3 but having him in case of injury to the others ( like now ) was a god send. Kendricks, Good player that is a true rent-a-player.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of the better LBs in the NFL so it was a total coup how he ended up on this team when we needed it. His presence was felt out there during the Dallas game, for sure. We can't bank on him being there for the long run, but for now, roll with it and see how long it can last. He's looking at some serious financial penalties and probably some prison time which could be years. They don't mess around with insider trading charges this serious.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty good again yesterday. I guess we will see what becomes of his legal issues, but it looks like a really smart signing right now based on his performance.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Collar looked pretty good yesterday.