• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LB Mychal Kendricks to sign 1-year deal with Seahawks

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players heading to jail, One handed linebackers,Punter in 5th round etc....this team is getting hard to root for.

Dude, 2 of those are the only reason Seattle is getting ANY national press attention.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tasked but couldn't hold the spot... Which is why this guy was signed... There have been plenty of rookies that hold their spots... Rookies will struggle but Griffin was that bad... Can't afford to have a game like that last week at this position...

Meh. He was too juiced up and was over-running plays. He just has to dial back the emotion, and not lose his gap responsibility. We've seen games in the past where all-world Bobby Wagner has had that happen too.

The rook will be fine.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything you just said... He wasn't ready to start... Would you agree? That's all I am saying, which is why something different needed to happen this week...

Well yeah but what doesn't need saying is he started because of injury to KJ. He had a tough outing and was abused and taken advantage of. that was good game planing by the Bronco's knowing they had a rookie to try and overload him with looks and it worked.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to get excited about a punter. I wanted Crosby from the Ducks who can play tackle or guard. If this was a few years back and we had great depth, yes, draft a punter. We need depth, not a feel good story at linebacker and a punter who i could really give a crap about. (Pro tip....if we move ball,we dont need a punter)

A solid punter is key to a team winning or losing.
Flipping the field in our favor is huge.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh,Im old school.I could give a rats ass about punter. Fuck the kickers, gotta run ball. Personally think this was worst draft ever. Will revisit at end of year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh,Im old school.I could give a rats ass about punter. Fuck the kickers, gotta run ball. Personally think this was worst draft ever. Will revisit at end of year.
If you're old school and think we just gotta run the ball, why would you hate this draft when we got the best blocking TE and most productive RB? Pretty much the whole off-season was focused on the running game.

Whether you give a rat's ass about a punter or not, field position is vital. He kicked a ball from our own 10 and hit it in the air OB at the other 7. That's pretty much giving our young and inexperienced defense an extra 1st down or 2 they can give up on a drive without yielding points.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know plenty about football, thank you for explaining to me about field position though :L....just felt like we had bigger needs than a punter in 5 th round. Never said he couldn't kick.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know plenty about football, thank you for explaining to me about field position though :L....just felt like we had bigger needs than a punter in 5 th round. Never said he couldn't kick.

One thing i have noticed in my MANY years of watching the NFL you can't underestimate the value of a top flight punter. With out Dickson's punts i think the score is worse than just a 3 point lose. He helped keep the hawks in the Game big time. In my Eyes he was a solid choice in the 5th round if he continues to play at this level.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a 5th rounder who may or may not see the field or a punter who can flip the field to help our D. Seems like a good choice with the punter.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing i have noticed in my MANY years of watching the NFL you can't underestimate the value of a top flight punter. With out Dickson's punts i think the score is worse than just a 3 point lose. He helped keep the hawks in the Game big time. In my Eyes he was a solid choice in the 5th round if he continues to play at this level.

Special Teams gets ignored way too often in the NFL. Yet it is amazing how many games are won and lost by a teams' ability to have a top flight special teams unit. While I will say most punters are probably not worth a draft pick as it does seem easier to find an average punter without having to draft one there are some that are worth a draft pick and Dickson was one of them. The guy won the award for MVP of a bowl game as a PUNTER! He has shown throughout his career to be special. Nothing that I saw this past weekend that he did has changed my mind on that. The guy averaged close to 60 yards a punt and the Broncos did jack squat in turning those into positive yards meaning he did a great job of pinning them back and making them drive the full length of the field. Huge asset to have on the team and well worth a 5th round pick.

Also just looking back over the history of the 5th round. Seems like most years the 5th round has maybe 2-3 guys turn into quality starters in the NFL. So the odds that another guy you drafted would have been anything more than a special teams player anyway is pretty slim. Dickson can stick around for the next 15-20 years and still be a quality starter.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will most likely have the best punter in the league for the next decade. Maybe he becomes the best in history. Good value for a fifth round pick

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you say you know plenty about football right after proclaiming a 4 month old draft class as the worst ever after 1 game....um, ok!

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes i am....but we have a punter for years to come!!!!!!!!!Awesome!!!!!!!!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes i am....but we have a punter for years to come!!!!!!!!!Awesome!!!!!!!!
What's wrong with having perhaps the league's best punter? And don't give me this crap about what else we could have done with a 5th round pick. You aren't solving the world with 1 mid round draft pick.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with having perhaps the league's best punter? And don't give me this crap about what else we could have done with a 5th round pick. You aren't solving the world with 1 mid round draft pick.

But he knows football damn it

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, i was just thinking it would be nice to build some depth in case of injuries. But what do I know. No one ever makes it past round 4 in the NFL. I mean you 2 probably have "12" jerseys on as we speak, so of course you guys know your stuff!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, i was just thinking it would be nice to build some depth in case of injuries. But what do I know. No one ever makes it past round 4 in the NFL. I mean you 2 probably have "12" jerseys on as we speak, so of course you guys know your stuff!

You are one dumb fuck

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we should have drafted that kicker the vikings took in the 5th round instead of the punter.

oh well, maybe next year we can pick him up after his &ss gets cut.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 jersy blast? Heh. NWPATS has an alt?