• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Latest rumor

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest from Indy insider

Bears trade #1 to Indy for Indy's 1st (4th), 2nd, 5th, and 1st (2024).

I would be very pleased with this trade. Make it happen Poles. Undo the bonehead Claypool trade.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard an interesting trade proposal. Bears get QB Hill and New Orleans 2nd and (obviously) pick up his salary. Then the Bears release him, keeping the 2nd in compensation. With our cap space, basically it amounts to paying for the 2nd round pick. It would relieve the Saints a bit from their cap crunch.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest from Indy insider

I would be very pleased with this trade. Make it happen Poles. Undo the bonehead Claypool trade.

Thats a winner......if its true,gett'er done.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard an interesting trade proposal. Bears get QB Hill and New Orleans 2nd and (obviously) pick up his salary. Then the Bears release him, keeping the 2nd in compensation. With our cap space, basically it amounts to paying for the 2nd round pick. It would relieve the Saints a bit from their cap crunch.

So what are we giving up......??

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are we giving up......??
His salary. It moves Hill's guarantee salary to the Bears cap. He can be cut, Bears still responsible for salary, but get to keep the #2 round Saints pick. Would cost around $14 million to Bears cap. I believe.

So basically $14 million for a #2 pick.

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His salary. It moves Hill's guarantee salary to the Bears cap. He can be cut, Bears still responsible for salary, but get to keep the #2 round Saints pick. Would cost around $14 million to Bears cap. I believe.

So basically $14 million for a #2 pick.

I would do this is in a heartbeat. Sounds a bit like collusion though.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do this is in a heartbeat. Sounds a bit like collusion though.
It has been done before. The article mentioned it, my feeble brain doesn't recall those specifics. But it allows the Saints a bit more cap space, some breathing room.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest from Indy insider

That seems great for us. An extra first next year and another second next year and we still get Carter or Anderson. We could even package that to move back again if we wanted. Someone might be desperate for a pass rusher or really like a qb.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y
That seems great for us. An extra first next year and another second next year and we still get Carter or Anderson. We could even package that to move back again if we wanted. Someone might be desperate for a pass rusher or really like a qb.

Trading down a 2nd time would be a very smart move......we could do that,with another no.1 added to next seasin making 3 all together,damn man that would be huge.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest from Indy insider

There are multiple sites now reporting the Bears are trading the no.1 pick....not that we didnt realize this long time ago,but the trade of JF can finally come to a rest......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are multiple sites now reporting the Bears are trading the no.1 pick....not that we didnt realize this long time ago,but the trade of JF can finally come to a rest......

It would appear this is the case. Good on Poles for atleast trying. I'm sure Poles gave Fields the talk before all this started.

They have to nail this draft. Cannot screw up this golden opportunity. It must be the start of a foundation of something big.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poles came out and said not a single team called asking about Justin Fields. Pretty interesting. Maybe it was too early or maybe the rest of the league doesn’t think highly of Fields. I’m sure this will come as a shock to some in here who loves Fields and think he can actually read a defense and pass.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poles came out and said not a single team called asking about Justin Fields. Pretty interesting. Maybe it was too early or maybe the rest of the league doesn’t think highly of Fields. I’m sure this will come as a shock to some in here who loves Fields and think he can actually read a defense and pass.

Maybe teams did call but Poles doesn't want to say they did.

Maybe no one called because they already know Poles is keeping Fields.

And if Fields can't pass or read a defense....why is Poles keen on keeping him around?

Weren't you the one that said if the Bears don't believe Fields is the guy then they should move him and doing so would be the right move? So wouldn't that same logic apply to them keeping him?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe teams did call but Poles doesn't want to say they did.

Maybe no one called because they already know Poles is keeping Fields.
Sure, Poles can be lying. Or not.

And if Fields can't pass or read a defense....why is Poles keen on keeping him around?
What's the alternative? Just flat our release him? Fields isn't worthless. He can run like a gazelle afterall.

Weren't you the one that said if the Bears don't believe Fields is the guy then they should move him and doing so would be the right move? So wouldn't that same logic apply to them keeping him?
True. But we're a long way from the draft and you just outlined how you can't believe anything Poles says anyway.

I'm curious. What are your thoughts/evaluation of Bryce Young?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, Poles can be lying. Or not.

I think everyone knows what GMs say, in all sports, has to be taken with a grain of salt.
What's the alternative? Just flat our release him? Fields isn't worthless. He can run like a gazelle afterall.

Use him as an offensive gimmick player? I don't know. But anyone that has truly watched him play knows there's a lot of arm talent there in addition to the running skills.
True. But we're a long way from the draft and you just outlined how you can't believe anything Poles says anyway.

I don't think you can 100% believe everything any front office person says. There might be truth to what Poles is saying but I doubt all other 31 front offices simply think Fields is trash.
I'm curious. What are your thoughts/evaluation of Bryce Young?

I would be lying and kidding myself if I really said anything about him positive or negative outside of what I have read and watched in highlight videos. I honestly don't watch much college football at all. At least not enough to give a personal evaluation on any player.

Based on scouting reports from would be experts his poise and pocket awareness really jumps out. High football IQ. Compares to Russell Wilson for a lot of scouts. I've seen some that compare him favorably to Drew Brees. So that's pretty high praise.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welp…I’m convinced.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would he lie about this? If anything it makes Fields look bad

One minute you are talking about how the right move is to keep Fields...The next- with your lightbulb post above - you are implying he can't "actually read a defense or pass" (in a backhanded statement towards other Bears fans that like Fields-as if liking Fields is some over the top position).......And all the while you are pulling this great observation/insight from an isolated, obviously out of context quote from Ryan Poles.

Why are you the way you are?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One minute you are talking about how the right move is to keep Fields...The next- with your lightbulb post above - you are implying he can't "actually read a defense or pass" (in a backhanded statement towards other Bears fans that like Fields-as if liking Fields is some over the top position).......And all the while you are pulling this great observation/insight from an isolated, obviously out of context quote from Ryan Poles.

Why are you the way you are?
You didn’t answer the question

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless thetes a link to Poles saying there was no takers,I dont believe the original post of JF on the trade market......

If thete was a link,it was not doing Poles any good by putting JF on the trade market because Poles had to be wowwed.......whos gonna trade draft capital for a Bears castoff,when they all know theyd be better off giving up that draft capital for the no.1 pick...........its absolutley dumb to think.....
What has JF shown to give up a haul fir him.....??
Our no.1 pick is more valueable than Fields......