• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

last year for the heat?????

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the heat are gonna "HAVE" to break up

they wont be able to sign anybody with the current contracts and new cba

next year 86 mil on books.....2014/2015 78mil (way over projected cap).....2015/2016 65 mil(also over projected cap)

if i remember correctly ....you cant sign or trade players if you are over the cap????

i havent dbl checked but isnt that right......over the cap = no trades/FA's in new cap????

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont take this as a troll thread heat fans......really just asking a question

because my mavs(for one along with other teams) are going to be set up pretty for the next cba to kick in

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat can sign existing players (Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Udonis, Norris Cole, Rio, etc.) to contracts. When Lebron opts out in 2014, and he will opt out. Miami can offer him more money, regardless of what their cap situation looks like. This all matters into how much the Heat want to go into the luxury tax.

The part that is fuzzy is the MLE they'll have available. As far as I know the Heat will not have one to offer next year. We'll have to be hopeful that Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen are willing to come back. I also believe that a player has to be with the team for at least 2 or 3 years before you can offer them a contract (outside of the vet. minimum) despite your cap situation....although I could be wrong.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i think if your are over you dont get a MLE......the luxury tax is a bitch in the new cba

.....i believe it was said if the lakers keep everyone(including dwight) the tax would be 90 mil next year????

thats alot of coin.....and the heat are over with just the 3.....so they would be well into tax hell as well since everyone they sign would be going over

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Bosh for picks, or cap relief. He's been playing away from the paint about 95% of the playoffs. His OFF rebounds PER is terrible this year.

Stop shooting the fucking 3 pt shot, and be the so-so All-star you were while playing in Toronto. You don't see Tim Duncan shooting 3s, and he's 5 years older and was never as athletic as you were/are?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Bosh for picks, or cap relief. He's been playing away from the paint about 95% of the playoffs. His OFF rebounds PER is terrible this year.

Stop shooting the fucking 3 pt shot, and be the so-so All-star you were while playing in Toronto. You don't see Tim Duncan shooting 3s, and he's 5 years older and was never as athletic as you were/are?

I've yelled at the TV a few times this series already because of him. However, he's an intricate component to the Heat offense, but should really try to model his game like Duncan's. At least his defense has been getting better.... rebounding on the other hand....

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CBA and all its rules are confusing. I heard about a year ago the Heat were going to sign some huge TV deal that would be the #2 deal in the NBA (behind the Lakers). |

Their current TV deal runs out one year after their current TV deal runs out. If Miami does resign all 3, the TV money from FOX sports would easily cover luxury tax problems. We shall see. As a heat fan, I'm really not going to worry about summer 2014 until it gets here. Im going to enjoy this Heat run. Already at 3 straight ECFs.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After next year it will have to be the end of the big 3, not because of money though, because of talent.

If they got that contract that would be great but I do not think it would be wise as a franchise to keep the big 3 together. We want RANGZ DAMN IT!!! This core is on it's last leg. Indy is (has) caught up. OKC is a decent Big away from being utterly destructive for several years. As good as Miami can play they will need to get better on the roster. This includes improving on the existing and declining big 3.

I would rather they kept Bosh over Wade. I know that is blasphemous but Wade has too many injuries. Retirement would be an awesome solution but that is a pipe dream.

Move LBJ to the 1-3 keep Bosh at the 4 add a young Birdman type who wants rings over money. Fill in with 2 shooters who can play D.

All that failing, LBJ Harden and D12*? That could be awesome. What about LBJ replaces Granger? That would be sick!!!

*Healthy motivated D12

Sorry for some of the blasphemous Heat things said, I am a LBJ fan, makes me a Heat band wagoner so my goal is not to keep the Heatles together but rather keep LBJ in the finals.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they lose to Pacers then this project was a fail and Miami should just cut bait.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow more on this Indy thing.

Drop West and Granger freeing up $23m+

5. Hibbert
4. LBJ
3. George
2. Stephenson
1. Hill

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they lose to Pacers then this project was a fail and Miami should just cut bait.

Not winning it this year and next imo would be a fail but if they do not win this year I am not certain about cutting bait yet. Unless that bait is Wade :D

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After next year it will have to be the end of the big 3, not because of money though, because of talent.

If they got that contract that would be great but I do not think it would be wise as a franchise to keep the big 3 together. We want RANGZ DAMN IT!!! This core is on it's last leg. Indy is (has) caught up. OKC is a decent Big away from being utterly destructive for several years. As good as Miami can play they will need to get better on the roster. This includes improving on the existing and declining big 3.

I would rather they kept Bosh over Wade. I know that is blasphemous but Wade has too many injuries. Retirement would be an awesome solution but that is a pipe dream.

Move LBJ to the 1-3 keep Bosh at the 4 add a young Birdman type who wants rings over money. Fill in with 2 shooters who can play D.

All that failing, LBJ Harden and D12*? That could be awesome. What about LBJ replaces Granger? That would be sick!!!

*Healthy motivated D12

Sorry for some of the blasphemous Heat things said, I am a LBJ fan, makes me a Heat band wagoner so my goal is not to keep the Heatles together but rather keep LBJ in the finals.

Seriously doubt it happens, but here is an interesting scenario:

The Lakers are set to have a bunch of money available next summer. Barring possible moves during this off-season (and they are very limited) the Lakers are set to potentially have only Steve Nash under contract next summer.

The Lakers could potentially re-sign Dwight this off-season and then make a run at Lebron next summer when he is a free agent and the Lakers have a bunch of cap space!! Under that scenario, they would only have Nash and Dwight on the books!!

I am not one of those Laker fans that would have a problem with that!!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously doubt it happens, but here is an interesting scenario:

The Lakers are set to have a bunch of money available next summer. Barring possible moves during this off-season (and they are very limited) the Lakers are set to potentially have only Steve Nash under contract next summer.

The Lakers could potentially re-sign Dwight this off-season and then make a run at Lebron next summer when he is a free agent and the Lakers have a bunch of cap space!! Under that scenario, they would only have Nash and Dwight on the books!!

I am not one of those Laker fans that would have a problem with that!!

Yeah but, seriously, wouldn't LeBron's head blind the audience when the lights of the Forum shine down upon it?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but, seriously, wouldn't LeBron's head blind the audience when the lights of the Forum shine down upon it?

Good point!!:lol:

Laker fans would just have to wear sunglasses while watching the game like Jack does!!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point!!:lol:

Laker fans would just have to wear sunglasses while watching the game like Jack does!!

JackNicholsonLaker_display_image_display_image.jpg

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10: :suds: :10:

You forgot about Kobe, he says he doesn't want to play when he is 35 but I doubt favre did either.

I would not be against him being Laker. I have always kind of disliked the Lakers (the yankee thing). As I get older though I have a a lot more respect for the dedication to excellence that the Lakers represent. Still and always will hate the yanks.

I am not sure he will be compatible with Dwight though. They have not publicly taken shots at each other in a few years probably mostly due to Dwight being out of action. The bigger issue is Dwight wants to be the #1 guy. If he could co exist with Lebron though they would both have some numbers...maybe some rings.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me being a Cleveland fan and an LBJ fan, my dream is for LBJ to win 2 more rings the next two years to make it 3. Then go back to Cleveland w/ Kyrie and Waiters and win 3 more...that would be a sick Big 3 in 2 years.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not hate that, honestly I would not hate anything as long as LBJ gets more rings.

that core has a lot of questions moving forward though.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not winning it this year and next imo would be a fail but if they do not win this year I am not certain about cutting bait yet. Unless that bait is Wade :D

Wade!? Heat fans think wade is the problem?? Wade brought Miami titles before this big 3 thing happened. LBJ is the problem, he may be a damn good player, but he is the issue. Bosh is also a problem.