• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Night in the Heaven League

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well last night in the Heaven League the Giants replaced injured third baseman Heinie Groh with newly acquired third baseman Al Rosen who has spent a little time on the bench here early this season. Rosen shinned in his debut slamming a Grand Slam in a 9th Inning comeback over the Dodgers. Down 3 runs Rosen strode to the plate with his confident walk and slammed a 450 foot shot to center field that is still going.

Here is the call from the great Lon Simmons who just flew into town.Also Russ Hodges with another doozy of a line.

Here's the pitch...long fly..deep to center..way back...way back..you can tell it goodbye!! Al Rosen and the Giants beat the Dodgers 5-4 on a late inning comeback and Russ I think I saw 3 stewardess 's serving drinks on that flight. Speaking of drinks Lon I think it's time to hit the bar for a few pops ourselves.

Back in the clubhouse Rosen was grinning from ear to ear like he just got away with robbing the Dodgers bank. Rosen was happy to be with the Giants ..and said these boys play together..we all care about playing hard for one another. The wind was strong tonight blowing in and it was cold but we overcame all the adversity to win the game. That's the Giants way !

A hellava night for the boys in Orange and Black..and I heard Russ and Lon are still in the bar buying some of the boys drinks to celebrate a well earned victory.

A real cool night in the Heaven League.

:suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds:

Last edited: