• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Chance U

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty damn cool show, only on the first episode but its cool. Show about kids who are in JUCO trying to make it back to Division 1 football. They either got dropped down because of drugs or school issues, a lot of kids who played at major universities.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is definitely different from the others. Some of these JUCO coaches have a worse coaching ethic as me and I coach middle school football. Really pathetic and embarrassing that some of these cats think they can coach D1 when they catch coach JUCO at a competent level.

My favorite is when the WR coach says,”this team sucks, I am not even going to watch any film on them. Their stats are (insert stats), they are garbage.”

As a head coach, if I would even hear something so stupid, I would show you the door

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 5 trailer:

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final season.

I liked this show, but I wish it got a little more detailed into the behind the seasons and not as player focused, but I guess that is the whole point.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final season.

I liked this show, but I wish it got a little more detailed into the behind the seasons and not as player focused, but I guess that is the whole point.
It's the final season for football and they are moving to basketball. My bet is after a few seasons of basketball they go back.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the final season for football and they are moving to basketball. My bet is after a few seasons of basketball they go back.

Maybe. I'm not into basketball so I probably won't be watching after this upcoming season. If I hear enough compelling reviews about it, I may give it a shot, but Idk.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummed its the final football season. Hope they come back to it down the road.

Season 5 looks good. Laney looks like a better fit for this show. I thought the producers made a massive mistake declining EMCC for Season 3... Independence Community College was a joke. Coach Brown was very crass individual and rarely ever produced much. Seasons 3 & 4 were loaded with drama, but it was tiring to watch.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummed its the final football season. Hope they come back to it down the road.

Season 5 looks good. Laney looks like a better fit for this show. I thought the producers made a massive mistake declining EMCC for Season 3... Independence Community College was a joke. Coach Brown was very crass individual and rarely ever produced much. Seasons 3 & 4 were loaded with drama, but it was tiring to watch.
My thought is if they do more than 2 seasons at one school it would get kind of repetitive and boring. I wish they would do more than one school at a time and do more "where are they now" updates.

This really is one of my favorite documentary series to watch.

I know for a fact that the first season was one of the reasons that Rhett Lashlee was fired as the OC at Auburn. Once we all watched that season it was painfully obvious that Lashlee didn't do his homework on James Franklin and couldn't evaluate talent to save his life. The guy literally couldn't win the starting job at EMCC and the only game Lashlee attended the starter was out and they were playing one of the worst teams on the schedule so Franklin lit them up. How do you not know this? Auburn signed this guy and basically put our eggs in his basket and it took two years to fix it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is if they do more than 2 seasons at one school it would get kind of repetitive and boring. I wish they would do more than one school at a time and do more "where are they now" updates.

This really is one of my favorite documentary series to watch.

I know for a fact that the first season was one of the reasons that Rhett Lashlee was fired as the OC at Auburn. Once we all watched that season it was painfully obvious that Lashlee didn't do his homework on James Franklin and couldn't evaluate talent to save his life. The guy literally couldn't win the starting job at EMCC and the only game Lashlee attended the starter was out and they were playing one of the worst teams on the schedule so Franklin lit them up. How do you not know this? Auburn signed this guy and basically put our eggs in his basket and it took two years to fix it.
Very much agree & true on things getting boring. I developed quite the disdain for Coach Brown way before he finally got shitcanned for those racist texts. Shit coach with a shitty ego. Reminded me of a kid that got bullied a lot as a child and now was getting his revenge through coaching youth football players. At first I thought his demeanor would be perfect to put those punks in their place, but slowly & surely he just ends up being another punk amongst the crowd.

I always find myself thinking about the previous seasons while watching and wondering what those players are up to. I've even done my own research multiple times to figure it out. That would be awesome if they did more than 1 school at a time with more updates.

Didn't Franklin convert to WR or make the transition straight out of EMCC? Don't know if I'm recalling the right guy or not.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much agree & true on things getting boring. I developed quite the disdain for Coach Brown way before he finally got shitcanned for those racist texts. Shit coach with a shitty ego. Reminded me of a kid that got bullied a lot as a child and now was getting his revenge through coaching youth football players. At first I thought his demeanor would be perfect to put those punks in their place, but slowly & surely he just ends up being another punk amongst the crowd.

I always find myself thinking about the previous seasons while watching and wondering what those players are up to. I've even done my own research multiple times to figure it out. That would be awesome if they did more than 1 school at a time with more updates.

Didn't Franklin convert to WR or make the transition straight out of EMCC? Don't know if I'm recalling the right guy or not.
Franklin came to Auburn as a QB and really was only effective as a running option in certain situations. Sean White beat him out and was doing ok until he broke his arm on the first drive in the Sugar Bowl against Oklahoma and our entire offense fell apart with Franklin under center after that. You felt the energy level just disappear.

They moved him to WR the next year and he then transferred as a WR to FAU and played for Lane Kiffin his final season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin came to Auburn as a QB and really was only effective as a running option in certain situations. Sean White beat him out and was doing ok until he broke his arm on the first drive in the Sugar Bowl against Oklahoma and our entire offense fell apart with Franklin under center after that. You felt the energy level just disappear.

They moved him to WR the next year and he then transferred as a WR to FAU and played for Lane Kiffin his final season.
That’s right. Think the last thing I found out when looking him up was he went to FAU.

Thanks for the info!

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Laney episodes now. What a mess production-wise.
Is it worth a watch? I went from Netflix to Amazon a couple weeks ago, so it's not as easy for me to view right now.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it worth a watch? I went from Netflix to Amazon a couple weeks ago, so it's not as easy for me to view right now.
I think Last Chance U is always worth it and interesting.

Laney is very different in that they don't give scholarships (none of the community colleges do but I think there are grants involved), don't have housing and they don't give them meals. Some of these guys are literally homeless and scrounging to find food. The human element outside of football is the real story in this season.

I'd tell you more but that would involve spoilers. I will say this coach is more likable than any of the others.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks this is the final season for football, ( then again there wouldn't be a JC season this year)
I agree with Face wish they would do one more season at Laney I think two back to back seasons at each school would be better.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks this is the final season for football, ( then again there wouldn't be a JC season this year)
I agree with Face wish they would do one more season at Laney I think two back to back seasons at each school would be better.
I don't know why they don't do two seasons a year one football and one basketball.

The only thing I can think of is that they are either having a hard time getting programs to agree to do it (let's face it the last two program head coaches got in a ton of trouble with the school after the episodes aired and other assistant coaches got exposed for being complete idiots) or they can't find program situations that would be interesting. I could see where this subject and format could get a little flat and it's the human interest aspect that carries it.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to football after a couple of basketball seasons.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lot more respect for this HC at Laney. Only watched one episode but its been good.