• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane signed

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$72M 4 year extension. Is there going to be any left for FA’s and draft picks?
They expect Jenkins is next.
Howie going heavy on older players. This better work.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Thinking a lot like this last night too. Howie got himself ousted before by paying for past performance.

To be clear....I don’t have any problem with extending Lane. The concern is all the deals and numbers I am seeing.

I remember something about the advantages of doing extensions this time of year cap wise. Did I miss something and we had a slush of cap this year we were going to lose that is helping take some of the edge of these deals off future years?

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Howie is feeling the heat. While extending Lane is a good move I question the numbers and contract length being handed out to older players.
After the past two seasons I must question Howie’s ability to run the personnel end.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Howie is feeling the heat. While extending Lane is a good move I question the numbers and contract length being handed out to older players.
After the past two seasons I must question Howie’s ability to run the personnel end.

He’s never been a personnel guy. Just like Joe Banner his strength is in the numbers. Sure, he made the numbers work leading through 2017. But he got the credit for signings like Long, Blount and Patrick Robinson. I actually think Joe Douglas deserved more than he got for those moves. No wonder he wanted to move on. Sheesh.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie must have Lurie conned. they were supposed to have a collaborate arrangement making personnel decisions, between Howie, Doug, and the Personnel director, and if there is not a clear agreement - Lurie will break the ties. It appears that Howie has usurped the authority.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie must have Lurie conned. they were supposed to have a collaborate arrangement making personnel decisions, between Howie, Doug, and the Personnel director, and if there is not a clear agreement - Lurie will break the ties. It appears that Howie has usurped the authority.

But how does it appear so to you?

The only variable that had changed here is head of personnel. Perhaps this person is not Joe Douglas (it would seem he is not). And I don’t just mean on the player evaluation front, but with the guts to make a convincing stand that we don’t want to spend so much only aging vets.

Howie will have the cap numbers figured out for all that’s been done. But did that personnel director speak loudly enough on how much future cap will be needed to flip the rest of the roster?

If anything appears so at this point to me it is that Joe Banners replacement does not speak up as convincingly and it will hem us up in the near future with other parts of the roster.

And they still likely have extensions for Ertz and Jenkins yet. I’m not sure exactly how.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the front office can't find any new players worth paying...