• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamar Odom found unconscious... fighting for his life

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest report as of today says Lamar woke up briefly and was responsive. They are calling this some improvement.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rough life part is bullshit.

My grandpa's friend, Kenneth lost his mother when he was a child, and then in adulthood all within a 5 year window, he lost his youngest daughter to a car accident, he found his father dead in his bed, his sister very unexpectedly passed away, and he nearly died himself when he was bucked off a horse, and he still has the plate in his head.

He's 70 years old now and he still works at his shop every day, he still tends to his horses and he's still front and center at Liberty Southern Baptist Church the second Sunday of every month.

Learn to cope.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My grandpa's friend, Kenneth lost his mother when he was a child, and then in adulthood all within a 5 year window, he lost his youngest daughter to a car accident, he found his father dead in his bed, his sister very unexpectedly passed away, and he nearly died himself when he was bucked off a horse, and he still has the plate in his head.

He's 70 years old now and he still works at his shop every day, he still tends to his horses and he's still front and center at Liberty Southern Baptist Church the second Sunday of every month.

Learn to cope.

Here we go again comparing people. Smh. Comparing a guy working at a shop and someone that played in the NBA making millions and had to deal with Kardashian BS and had addiction running in his family isn't the best thing to do just saying.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again comparing people. Smh. Comparing a guy working at a shop and someone that played in the NBA making millions and had to deal with Kardashian BS and had addiction running in his family isn't the best thing to do just saying.

Yeah I guess you're right, Odom made millions and still made retarded choices to get him in the situation. Kenneth is just a humble small business owner who endured just as much if not more tragedy in his life than Odom and he overcame.

Hard to feel sympathy for someone who dug their own grave, and even harder to do when the person made millions, but still managed to fuck up in a big way.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Learn to cope.
That may be true - but it still does not prevent those who desire to have compassion on Lamar Odom and pray for the man to do so. If you don't like then - then go away and ignore it for yourself. No one is forcing you to have compassion

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not your call or decision to make. You do have the right to feel that way, but you don't have the right to come in here or any where else and be telling others how to feel about another human being. It sounds like to me, however that perhaps the drugs and abuse isn't the issue. It sounds like you're just jealous because he's had a better life than you and perhaps even enjoy seeing Lamar burn himself out. That's pretty cold blooded if you ask me.
I certainly do have the right to express my opinion here regardless of your feelings. As far as having a better life than me I seriously doubt that as I have a great career, a loving wife and two wonderful kids. I don't tell others how they should feel about another human being but I'm entitled to express my opinion on how I feel. If this is upsetting to you then just put me on ignore and you won't be offended.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I guess you're right, Odom made millions and still made retarded choices to get him in the situation. Kenneth is just a humble small business owner who endured just as much if not more tragedy in his life than Odom and he overcame.

Hard to feel sympathy for someone who dug their own grave, and even harder to do when the person made millions, but still managed to fuck up in a big way.

Not taking anything away from your friend, kudos to him but we're all not wired identically.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes we have to look beyond materialistic things and monetary values. Lamar lost his mother at 12 and his dad is an addict. Those are the two main sources from which kids learn life skills, such as, coping mechanisms, love, support, etc. Do you think without a support system in place you would've been able to successfully teach yourself these things and apply them to life as necessary? How can we judge him for not being able to do that? Parents are a critical part of a child's life from birth until young adulthood. In most cases we shape the person our kids will become. I wish more people thought about that before having kids.
There are many folks that have lost a parent or parents but didn't self destruct. My best friend in high school lost both his parents in an automobile accident when he was only a sophomore. It was a devastating blow but he endured and now has a loving family of his own and a great career in the banking business.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly do have the right to express my opinion here regardless of your feelings. As far as having a better life than me I seriously doubt that as I have a great career, a loving wife and two wonderful kids. I don't tell others how they should feel about another human being but I'm entitled to express my opinion on how I feel. If this is upsetting to you then just put me on ignore and you won't be offended.
I don't know, but the way you have been bitching and whining about how people shouldn't feel sorry for the guy - It sounds like you hope he does. Just saying

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, but the way you have been bitching and whining about how people shouldn't feel sorry for the guy - It sounds like you hope he does. Just saying
I never told folks how they should feel about this guy, only how I feel about the situation. My posts were well thought out and devoid of any bitching or whining.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this is true, however, it is also true that the majority of people raised in a similar background as Lamar DO continue the cycle and become addicted to something.
You better research your opinion of a majority of folks self destructing over a bad childhood. Just saying.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will, if Odom drops dead he went out having real good time. :noidea:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never told folks how they should feel about this guy, only how I feel about the situation. My posts were well thought out and devoid of any bitching or whining.
Yes you did- several times - now quit bitching - if it didn't bother you about the sympathy - you wouldn't be in here talking about it and saying he shouldn't be pitied

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you did- several times - now quit bitching - if it didn't bother you about the sympathy - you wouldn't be in here talking about it and saying he shouldn't be pitied
I never said others don't have the right to pity him, I just stated how I feel about the situation.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redemption can happen & I like to hear about those types of stories. I hope Lamar pulls through and he can get the help he truly needs. I know a lot about that life, have a few family members that have gone down that path - some have come back from it where others have not- and it's scary. It's hard to stand by and watch loved ones destroy their lives but there isn't much of a choice. It really took me a long time to understand that.
Had an alcoholic living with me and paying rent for awhile - after a certain amount of time, I had to put him out. I got tired of him coming home getting argumentative, trying sneak people who live on the streets into the house and all kinds of crap. I told him to live under the bridge and not come back. Last I heard he cleaned up, got his own place and doing okay. I think they call it tough love. Either way - you just have to leave them be until they hit rock bottom and them help them when they want it

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many folks that have lost a parent or parents but didn't self destruct. My best friend in high school lost both his parents in an automobile accident when he was only a sophomore. It was a devastating blow but he endured and now has a loving family of his own and a great career in the banking business.
And that's great for him. Some people are not so lucky was my point.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better research your opinion of a majority of folks self destructing over a bad childhood. Just saying.
No, my opinion doesn't have to change & won't just because you disagree.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will, if Odom drops dead he went out having real good time. :noidea:
No - he didn't - No one dies from cocaine use and are having a good time. They say that the first time you use cocaine, you hit a high like never before and that's the addition in trying to hit the same high which never happens and it makes them miserable. Lamar was a deeply disturbed individual to be paying a bunch of whores to have sex with instead of going home to a loving wife

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing a parent is not the same as losing a child - That is something you don't understand. Every body loses their parents sooner or later - that's the natural order. In spite of the hard work of care of my mother, I hated losing her, but she was 90 years old - it was the natural order. Now I just hope I can live that long:crutch: