• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamar Odom found unconscious... fighting for his life

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Lamar might not come out of this:

"Lamar Odom’s condition has deteriorated, and doctors are now telling the family the longer he remains in the condition he’s in the less likely it is that he will recover.

Sources tell TMZ, Lamar did indeed squeeze Khloe’s hand Wednesday night, which gave everyone hope, but Thursday morning doctors are saying it well could have been an involuntary movement."

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Lamar Odom’s condition has deteriorated, and doctors are now telling the family the longer he remains in the condition he’s in the less likely it is that he will recover.

Sources tell TMZ, Lamar did indeed squeeze Khloe’s hand Wednesday night, which gave everyone hope, but Thursday morning doctors are saying it well could have been an involuntary movement."

I love how the Kardashians try(successfully, I might add) to make this about them.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope he snaps out of his coma. That's not cool.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this for Odom. I know people are actually judging him for doing the drugs in the first place but honestly, if you had been through all the shit that he's been through (losing a best friend, mom AND son) then I'm sure most people would contemplate it as well. He never really reached his full potential as a basketball player, if you ask me. And that's saying a lot cause he was always a hell of a player.

Prayers for Lamar and his family. This is awful to hear about.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kobe's tweet on the subject applies to this thread

He's right, but we're ALL right to question the motives of the Kardashians, too. But who am I to doubt America's First Family, anyway?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this for Odom. I know people are actually judging him for doing the drugs in the first place but honestly, if you had been through all the shit that he's been through (losing a best friend, mom AND son) then I'm sure most people would contemplate it as well. He never really reached his full potential as a basketball player, if you ask me. And that's saying a lot cause he was always a hell of a player.

Prayers for Lamar and his family. This is awful to hear about.

REAL talk. no excuses, but who WOULDN'T be tested if that would've happened to them...

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REAL talk. no excuses, but who WOULDN'T be tested if that would've happened to them...
If I ever lost my mom at this point in my life, I'd be torn apart. Not sure if I would honestly ever recover from it. I'm 22. Lamar was 12. Imagine how difficult that must be. And he lost his son at 6 months old...it just doesn't get any easier. I don't blame him at all for what he did, because I honestly think I'd try to find the best way possible to distract myself if I went through what he went through too. Maybe not drugs, but we ALL have our own ways of coping. Basketball wasn't enough to distract him, and I understand that. No amount of money in the world will ever bring a loved one back.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I ever lost my mom at this point in my life, I'd be torn apart. Not sure if I would honestly ever recover from it. I'm 22. Lamar was 12. Imagine how difficult that must be. And he lost his son at 6 months old...it just doesn't get any easier. I don't blame him at all for what he did, because I honestly think I'd try to find the best way possible to distract myself if I went through what he went through too. Maybe not drugs, but we ALL have our own ways of coping. Basketball wasn't enough to distract him, and I understand that. No amount of money in the world will ever bring a loved one back.

not trying to get anyone to feel sorry for me, but been there and done that. NOTHING matches the kind of hurt like losing a family member...

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lie with pigs, you're gonna get dirty.

LOL at the bleeding heart "you should be more empathetic" crowd.

The dude has nobody to blame but himself.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lie with pigs, you're gonna get dirty.

LOL at the bleeding heart "you should be more empathetic" crowd.

The dude has nobody to blame but himself.

What does blame/responsibility have to do with being empathetic?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I ever lost my mom at this point in my life, I'd be torn apart. Not sure if I would honestly ever recover from it. I'm 22. Lamar was 12. Imagine how difficult that must be. And he lost his son at 6 months old...it just doesn't get any easier. I don't blame him at all for what he did, because I honestly think I'd try to find the best way possible to distract myself if I went through what he went through too.
I know folks that went through tough times but chose to to react in a positive and not negative way. Just because a person encounters tragedy in life is no excuse for bizarre behavior.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be empathetic if someone had held him down and forced the drugs he OD'd on into his system.
A very good point. We are all responsible for our actions.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be empathetic if someone had held him down and forced the drugs he OD'd on into his system.

My opinions is that reserving your empathy/compassion only for moments involving 100% involuntary tragedy isn't the way to go.

If everyone lived by that standard, how much compassion would you have received in the course of your life?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude sorry to hear about all of that. Hope you're holding up as well as you possibly can

And another thing I think about everyday is, am I the next of my family members to come down with cancer..... Or is it my sister, or my other brother....... Its hard to ingest at times.

But I have a son and daughter that do well and that's what life is.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know folks that went through tough times but chose to to react in a positive and not negative way. Just because a person encounters tragedy in life is no excuse for bizarre behavior.
I'm not necessarily saying it's an excuse, I'm just saying I kind of understand. I'm not sure I'd react how he did but I'm not gonna judge him for it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinions is that reserving your empathy/compassion only for moments involving 100% involuntary tragedy isn't the way to go.

If everyone lived by that standard, how much compassion would you have received in the course of your life?

I don't strive for empathy, so I really don't care.