• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamar Odom found unconscious... fighting for his life

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50-50 chance he lives and if he does pull through he's likely a vegetable.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no empathy for someone who threw their life away after having it all.

Using his hardship growing up as an excuse for his behavior as an adult after making $100+ mil is ridiculous. I am not going to get in my history because it's irrelevant. But there are people everyday who go through similar shit as Odom did growing up who go on to live productive lives. You are basically giving him a pass because he has a sob story. It's complete BS.

He was an addict long before his career was over. He screwed up his own life & career.

All the typical faux "he was such a good guy" stories coming from under every rock, is humorous to me. If he was such a great guy & everyone loved him, where were they the last couple of years? Why didn't any of them get him help? Why didn't any of them stay close enough with him to see that he was going down the rabbit hole?

Sure it sucks when anyone dies, but people that bring destruction down upon themselves are not worthy of any empathy from anyone that didn't personally know him.

Amar'e Stoudemire had an equally tragic childhood. Yet he didn't go down Odom's path.
Well typically you can't "help" drug addicts until THEY are ready to accept help...which is why we see so many people check themselves out of rehab prior to finishing the program.

I don't think anyone is giving him a pass for anything because he's basically only ruined himself. He didn't take anyone down with him. And just as DJ mentioned, being addicted to drugs is a disease and in most cases requires professional help to get better.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only care to know what breaks a person down like that so I can recognize that in others and avoid them or kill them. either one.

If people were smart and cared about the world, they wouldnt be "praying"(cause religion wouldnt exist) for him to get better, they would be ignoring him for his stupid decisions and not promote it through even more media coverage. He is just going to repeat the same shit over and over again because he is allowed too and appluaded for it.

what a shitty liberal world we live in when you are more recognized for being a womanizing, drug using piece of shit than you would be for being a good honest person.

sad.
Yet here you are, trying to convince us you're better with that rant???

it is very sad. :scratch:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet here you are, trying to convince us you're better with that rant???

it is very sad. :scratch:
He seems to harbor an awful lot of hostility. Makes no sense tho they make drugs for anger issues. And tWeed is always good when someone needs to mellow out. It's also cheaper than plane tickets and bail

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems to harbor an awful lot of hostility. Makes no sense tho they make drugs for anger issues. And tWeed is always good when someone needs to mellow out. It's also cheaper than plane tickets and bail
I just find it funny that people can judge a person without personally knowing that person. Like I mentioned before, it's not like he shot up a movie theatre with innocent people in there, or held anyone at the Love Ranch hostage. Why so much anger? :noidea:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it funny that people can judge a person without personally knowing that person. Like I mentioned before, it's not like he shot up a movie theatre with innocent people in there, or held anyone at the Love Ranch hostage. Why so much anger? :noidea:
Common sense says there are far too many variables in life to judge someone you don't personally know. I may never understand hostility on the internet because someone disagrees with you :noidea: IMO the money would be better spent on :dibs: or anger mess than a plane ticket over an efight:doh:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been mentioned but Alvin Gentry said that when he was fired, Lamar Odom called him to personally apologize for any role he had in him being fired. He said he didn't play well enough to help Gentry keep his job. Gentry said in his entire career, Odom was the only one to ever do that.

Troubled guys, but everything being told about him said he was a genuinely great guy. Such a shame.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I should probably tell you a story about a guy that I know who was VERY lost out there who was using and DEALING that poison through most of his existence. turned out he hit rock bottom and not only bounced back and made something of himself, but does his best now to try to get others out of that situation because he lived it. see, some CAN be redeemed...

course a story like that is probably lost on a guy like him...:rolleyes2:

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is retarded lol.

As far as people just trying to pretend that they liked Odom, that's BS. Everyone who knew him going all the way back to high school liked him. These guys have nothing to gain by pretending to care, Odom's reputation has been shit on and dragged through the mud, his former teammates have not been on a team with him in years, if they really didn't care they would not bother associating their name with his at all. At the end of the day no one can force an addict to quit, they have to decide to do it for themselves, there was nothing his old friends could do. If he can survive this then that could be the spark that makes him want to turn his life around, yet most of you assholes want him to die.

As Lamar Odom fights for life, NBA friends pray he gets another chance - CBSSports.com

As for Kl-hoe-y? She knew Odom was on the brink and still lead him on like she was interested then aired it on television (I'm guessing) that she didn't actually give a fuck. She's only at his bedside now because she feels guilty as fuck, if Odom dies I hope she that shit haunts her for the rest of her life. She's a scandalous hoe who pushed this dude off the edge for ratings.

So when someone hands you a hit of crack, what are you going to do?

Remember!!! You have no control!(sic)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when someone hands you a hit of crack, what are you going to do?

Remember!!! You have no control!(sic)

Having compassion towards someone in tragedy does not necessitate absolving them of responsibility.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. We had a 'living in moms basement' and threats to fly out and kick someone's ass. All in one thread.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was kind of surprised.

I would think the hottest ones of the bunch probably go onto ****, so the B and C caliber ones need to either strip/prostitute.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just enables them to do it again when they get better.

Nah. Compassion is a separate thing from empowering someone's bad decisions. You can absolutely have compassion towards someone without being an enabler.

Its a delicate balance sometimes... buts that's more of a worry for close, influential loved ones.... not outside strangers observing from a distance.