• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ladies and gentlemen...i give you...Ilya...Bryzgalov...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:amen:Probably his best game of the year...just took 2 and a half months...play him till he drops...IMO...:first:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just when everyone starts getting grumpy about DB's play he scores a natural hat trick and has a fight! : ) This is why patience is a virtue...good job by Bryz as well. Seemed like they were fighting that ice all game F'in basketball!!!! Get those fuckers into their own building....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past 2 games the 3 biggest goats on the year have gotten the flyers 4 points

Jvr being the 3rd

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first game Ive actually noticed Briere, he played good and got back to being opportunistic.

Bryz looked solid and made some big ass saves.

JVR looked great even though he didn't score, he was drawing penalties and winning puck battles everywhere. maybe his injury is finally healing?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck..fuck... Fuck! The one time I bencher him in my fantasy league this fucker throws a hat trick in my face. Congrats you fucker! I will play you tomorrow.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So just when everyone starts getting grumpy about DB's play he scores a natural hat trick and has a fight! : ) This is why patience is a virtue...good job by Bryz as well. Seemed like they were fighting that ice all game F'in basketball!!!! Get those fuckers into their own building....

Everybody wanted Hartnell gone earlier this year to and look at what has happened, why don't we all just rag on anybody whose playing like shit :hockeysmile:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody wanted Hartnell gone earlier this year to and look at what has happened, why don't we all just rag on anybody whose playing like shit :hockeysmile:

I admit that I was one of many ragging on Harts. It seems so long ago.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny boy was fantastic today. Love the fact he dropped the gloves. Im betting he goes on a nice little role. Wouldnt bench him for awhile

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now that we put Shelly away...Danny could take over the roll...players seemed initimated by him after the fight...lol...like the rabbit in the holy grail...Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.
King Arthur: Ohh.
Tim: That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Briere played all that well today. His stat sheet was obviously great, and the fight (and WIN) is obviously a very nice bonus, but his first two goals were as fluky as they come. The third one is what I want to see out of him more often - he went into the right place, at the right time, and got the puck by the goalie. Hopefully getting the trick today will inspire more of that. That said - he was goddamn terrible otherwise. He made at least three handcuff passes today, and a few more to players which left them with no real other options than to give it away. I don't remember a good defensive play out of him, and while that's not unusual, it'd be nice if he chipped in there as well. I'm ecstatic that he scored three times and even more so that the third one was in overtime and thus the game winner, but I want to see more than one good set of stats out of him before he gets out of the doghouse.

Bryzgalov, on the other hand, played well and deserves at least a slightly longer leash on his doghouse. He did exactly what a goalie is supposed to do - he made the saves he should have, and most of the ones he shouldn't have. I'd like to see a little more rebound control on a few, but if Bryz can hold opposing squads to 2 goals on 37 shots a game I like our odds.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vader, it is hard to knock a guy who is the only FLyer to score, fights, and wins the game with a hat trick with 5 seconds left before our inevitable loss in the shootout.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bryzgalov, on the other hand, played well and deserves at least a slightly longer leash on his doghouse. He did exactly what a goalie is supposed to do - he made the saves he should have, and most of the ones he shouldn't have. I'd like to see a little more rebound control on a few, but if Bryz can hold opposing squads to 2 goals on 37 shots a game I like our odds. I agree Vader...especially controlling the rebounds to deep he needs to soften up and absorb them he is pushing them out...but i guess he is just happy he is stopping them at this point...hopefully that will be the next step for him...Gotta love back to back...GO FLYERS!!!:horn:

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vader, it is hard to knock a guy who is the only FLyer to score, fights, and wins the game with a hat trick with 5 seconds left before our inevitable loss in the shootout.

Prop...no doubt we dont win without him...we need him to be more consistant from here forward...

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz's rebound control has always (and I mean back to the Ducks) been his biggest weakness, other than his mental game. When he is focused and "in" the game, he makes the saves. He uses his size well and he has good lateral speed.

On the Briere front, what made his game possible was the really workmanlike performance turned in by Giroux. G took 32 face offs, slogged a ton of ice time and attracts the most attention, and rightfully so. But because he never took his food off the pedal Ottawa could not back off on him at all which left them vulnerable.

As for "fluky" goals. They were goals, that is how they were scored. He put himself in the right position to earn them. That is part of the game.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bryz's rebound control has always (and I mean back to the Ducks) been his biggest weakness, other than his mental game. When he is focused and "in" the game, he makes the saves. He uses his size well and he has good lateral speed.

On the Briere front, what made his game possible was the really workmanlike performance turned in by Giroux. G took 32 face offs, slogged a ton of ice time and attracts the most attention, and rightfully so. But because he never took his food off the pedal Ottawa could not back off on him at all which left them vulnerable.

As for "fluky" goals. They were goals, that is how they were scored. He put himself in the right position to earn them. That is part of the game.
...lol...really i didnt see Giroux on the ice for any of briers goals..lol...come on man...:noidea:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not knocking the guy because he had a hat trick. I'm knocking him because for 64:45, he played exactly how he has been, with the exception of this time he got lucky and had two goals go in. I know a goal is a goal whether you deke past the entire team and outwith the goalie or whether you ice the puck and it hits a stanchion wrong and bounces into the net.

But if Anderson controls the change up, and the Ottawa Dman doesn't put the puck into his own net, what would you say? Briere had a great game? He put himself in a position to score? No. He had a typical Briere game with two exceptions: he fought, and his shitty play was rewarded. Voracek had a great game, and all he ended up with was one assist.

Now like I said in the Stars/Goats thread, his third goal was a good one, and I REALLY hope that the hat trick will give him some confidence going forward and improve his game, and I REALLY REALLY like that we got two points, but I'm not going to sit here and say Briere is back when he had, in my mind, one goal last night and two... things.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no shit. even if he cured cancer he would still be a goat.
The guy had his best game of the season

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vader does have some good points, but I'm even willing to give Briere some credit for what he did yesterday. They may not have been highlight reel goals, but he did put it in the net and his fight shows he may just have a set of balls after all. That said he better put on a lot more quality performances to get out of the dog house.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vader does have some good points, but I'm even willing to give Briere some credit for what he did yesterday. They may not have been highlight reel goals, but he did put it in the net and his fight shows he may just have a set of balls after all. That said he better put on a lot more quality performances to get out of the dog house.

this. i dont expect briere to create a scoring chance on every shift, nor do i expect him to play defense. or hit. or really do anything aside from score. he had 3 goals yesterday, he more than did his job. the 1st goal was the same as the final goal, he went to the net and got his own rebound, yes he fanned on the initial shot, but it doesn't matter cause he drove the net hard afterwards and finished the opportunity. the 2nd goal, even if it hadn't gone in off the senator, briere was right there for the tap in, again, cause he drove the net hard. briere played well yesterday, it doesn't get him off the hook entirely, but he played pretty damn well