• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lack of defensive depth catching up

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timmo looks gased.
Lijia is a fucking pylon.
Grossman looks lost at times.
Gusty is still a kid but holding his own.
Carle can GTFO in the offseason
Coburn cant do it alone.

Missing Mez and Pronger is killing us.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timmo looks gased.
Lijia is a fucking pylon.
Grossman looks lost at times.
Gusty is still a kid but holding his own.
Carle can GTFO in the offseason
Coburn cant do it alone.

Missing Mez and Pronger is killing us.

Changes will be made. Even with Mez, he wouldn't be the answer why we are being ridiculously manhandled out there. We lack the physical presence, our guys are slow, they are being outhustled by a large margin. In reality this series really isn't that close. Brodeur doesn't need to be the guy from years ago. He can still handle the puck, but more importantly, he has a solid physical defense playing in front of him. We've scored some goals that he should have come up with. The NJ defense is one step ahead of us on every play, they block shots, they hold the blue line very well, they skate 100% on every play.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my Draft Preview Hockey News next to me.

DMan in the top 30 and where theyre projected to go.

Ryan Murray-4
Matt Dumba-5
Morgan Rielly-6
Griffin Reinhart-8
Jacob Trouba-9
Cody Ceci-10
Derrick Pouliot-13
Hampus Lindholm-15
Matthew Finn-18
Ludvig Bystrom-19
Olli Maatta-20
Slater Koekkoek-23
Brady Skjei-26
Mike Matheson-27
Ville Pokka-28
Dalton Thrower-29

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my Draft Preview Hockey News next to me.

DMan in the top 30 and where theyre projected to go.

Ryan Murray-4
Matt Dumba-5
Morgan Rielly-6
Griffin Reinhart-8
Jacob Trouba-9
Cody Ceci-10
Derrick Pouliot-13
Hampus Lindholm-15
Matthew Finn-18
Ludvig Bystrom-19
Olli Maatta-20
Slater Koekkoek-23
Brady Skjei-26
Mike Matheson-27
Ville Pokka-28
Dalton Thrower-29

I see the FLyers making either a deal or free agency. This is a win now team.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Carle walk. And I hate to say it but we may have to let Jagr walk as well. We have depth upfront to fill in for Jagr. Unless he comes back cheaper. We need defensive help.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Regardless we have to be drafting a dman. Kimmo is old. Mez and Coburn are solid, but not #1s.

Goodbye Carle.

And dont ask me why, but I want a nice fucking broken English speaking Euro. Have no idea, but I want one. Ville Pokka seems most likely, but I like the looks of Bystrom or Maatta.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless we have to be drafting a dman. Kimmo is old. Mez and Coburn are solid, but not #1s.

Goodbye Carle.

And dont ask me why, but I want a nice fucking broken English speaking Euro. Have no idea, but I want one. Ville Pokka seems most likely, but I like the looks of Bystrom or Maatta.

To be honest, I want one fucking big Russian dman who is a Kasparitis clone. Lol. I want a guy who hits and is fast and likes go get bloodied up.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I forgot to add who plays like Fetisov or Konstantonov. Lol

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I want one fucking big Russian dman who is a Kasparitis clone. Lol. I want a guy who hits and is fast and likes go get bloodied up.

Only notable big guy I noticed in the whole top 90 was Reinhart at 6'4 207.

Going to be interesting to see what happens. Pretty exciting :)

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hampus Lindholm as well.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Carle walk. And I hate to say it but we may have to let Jagr walk as well. We have depth upfront to fill in for Jagr. Unless he comes back cheaper. We need defensive help.

Yes!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be surprised if Jagr is back. But Homer likes Carle. Bet he's back, unless we've got a big-ticket guy locked up behind-the-scenes. Nice account of the potential draft picks, btw.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No it isn't. The team is 80% guys under 25 and 13 rookies. Only claim to a 'win now' motivation is pretty much retired from concussions.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the streakiness up front that is hurting them right now. And lots of clamoring that the dmen are too small and too slow. 99/100 you can't have both.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't really say lack of depth on D as they have Pronger, Mez, Bourdon all down that's insane. Who knows about Kubina either he didn't pan out or is hurt. Homer tried to patch it up but what can you do?

Add inexperience and its a killer. Heck the 80's oilers had to learn the hard way and it seems like the devs are just outworking them in the areas that count in the playoffs.

I'd love to see carla and another player/pick traded to nash for suter.....both teams work a deal with the players beforehand and both teams win. Let Lilja go and give Gusty a shot as he's earned it and will be more experience for his time this year.

Oh ya Jagr goes as he's showing age now when you need him. Younger guys can step up....

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D is really run down. Kimmo and Grossman are both playing hurt and Grossman is really showing it at times. How hurt is Kubina, he is not even dressing. Lilja is a 6/7. I really have a hard time getting too upset by him. Missing Pronger and Mez has hurt all season....not having Pronger forced Mez to play more and not as consistently while really well at times. Now, missing both....

Looking ahead, and long term, unless there is a change in the CBA and a medical miracle occurs, Pronger is going on LTI and the Flyers will need to address the defensive depth with a slim margin on the Cap. Carle is more likely to be traded at the draft than simply allowed to walk. What he could bring? A healthy Grossman will help for a long season, Gussy has shown good things and is definately learning on the fly.

Defense is going to need to be addressed but with Kimo's contract there is not a lot of room to move.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't really say lack of depth on D as they have Pronger, Mez, Bourdon all down that's insane. Who knows about Kubina either he didn't pan out or is hurt. Homer tried to patch it up but what can you do?

Add inexperience and its a killer. Heck the 80's oilers had to learn the hard way and it seems like the devs are just outworking them in the areas that count in the playoffs.

I'd love to see carla and another player/pick traded to nash for suter.....both teams work a deal with the players beforehand and both teams win. Let Lilja go and give Gusty a shot as he's earned it and will be more experience for his time this year.

Oh ya Jagr goes as he's showing age now when you need him. Younger guys can step up....

this.. i actually think its ridiculous that the flyers can still put up a fight with all the injuries they've had on defense.. they're VERY deep.. they're just very worn down.. and carle's streakiness is becoming a bit of a problem.. they needed to be able to rely on him as a top 4 guy this playoffs, and while he has been a very good top 4 guy at times, he's also been a liability at the 4 spot.. grossmann hasn't been the same since his concussion.. kubina hasn't been the same since his injury (hence he's been benched).. no mesz.. no pronger.. lilja has stepped up huge (note: i didnt watch the last game) and i think you guys need to lay off him a little.. he's been a far better dman than we could've hoped for at the 5/6.. he leads the team in blocked shots in the playoffs, thats impressive for a 6th dman

but when you're only healthy dmen are coburn, gustaffsson, lilja, and bi-polar calre, you're gunna have issues

and coburn, if he keeps playing like this, is a #1 dman.. JMO

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this.. i actually think its ridiculous that the flyers can still put up a fight with all the injuries they've had on defense.. they're VERY deep.. they're just very worn down.. and carle's streakiness is becoming a bit of a problem.. they needed to be able to rely on him as a top 4 guy this playoffs, and while he has been a very good top 4 guy at times, he's also been a liability at the 4 spot.. grossmann hasn't been the same since his concussion.. kubina hasn't been the same since his injury (hence he's been benched).. no mesz.. no pronger.. lilja has stepped up huge (note: i didnt watch the last game) and i think you guys need to lay off him a little.. he's been a far better dman than we could've hoped for at the 5/6.. he leads the team in blocked shots in the playoffs, thats impressive for a 6th dman

but when you're only healthy dmen are coburn, gustaffsson, lilja, and bi-polar calre, you're gunna have issues

and coburn, if he keeps playing like this, is a #1 dman.. JMO

Yep, he's a beast.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or does Coburn kind of remind you of Chris Therien. I always saw a resemblance. Just my opinion.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or does Coburn kind of remind you of Chris Therien. I always saw a resemblance. Just my opinion.

except coburn can skate. he's a very good skater