• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Brooklyn sounds done

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they're basically in the same pecking order as far as reaching the Finals. I'd rather stay the course with D'Lo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they're basically in the same pecking order as far as reaching the Finals. I'd rather stay the course with D'Lo.

Pretty sure Kyrie won't be the only new addition

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming you're talking about Durant, I doubt he's leaving the Warriors.

I'm not talking about anyone in particular but there are a lot of quality free agents.

Kyrie won't be the only new player signing to Brooklyn in July.

And as for KD, they basically already said opting in to stay in golden state is his last resort. Once he knows other teams will give him the max then he's out

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about anyone in particular but there are a lot of quality free agents.

Kyrie won't be the only new player signing to Brooklyn in July.

And as for KD, they basically already said opting in to stay in golden state is his last resort. Once he knows other teams will give him the max then he's out

And how does the Golden State supermax he's getting offered fit into that equation?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ask woj and get back to you

Just sayin'. Before the first injury, I thought he was 80% out the door. After that the way things went down, I thought it was less. And then seeing him go out and sacrifice himself for this team, when he didn't have to...I figure it's much greater he stays. The supermax will be there, and that's far more than he can get from any other team. He can rehab in a place that loves him, no pressure, then come back in March and win another title.

Good chance he stays.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin'. Before the first injury, I thought he was 80% out the door. After that the way things went down, I thought it was less. And then seeing him go out and sacrifice himself for this team, when he didn't have to...I figure it's much greater he stays. The supermax will be there, and that's far more than he can get from any other team. He can rehab in a place that loves him, no pressure, then come back in March and win another title.

Good chance he stays.

He may stay but doesn't seem like he's opting in which decreases the chances of him staying

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so.....

Cavs got Sexton and the assets that brought in Nance and the Houston 1st rounder basically.

Boston got 1 year of Kyrie where he did not play in the playoffs. And one year of Kyrie where he was a whiny bitch.

Gotta say, in retrospect, Cavs probably won that deal. lol Did not expect to be saying that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good chance he stays.
wanna bet?

I think its telling that it was not the Warriors that made the announcement about his condition and surgery. I was waiting all day to see the article post on Espn.com with a statement from the Warriors about KD's condition, confirming the injury, saying he just had surgery and the procedure was a success etc.

instead, what did we get? KD made the announcement and for all we know, and likely, the Warriors found about all of it the same exact way. I think that shows me he is not exactly on great terms right now. I think its a foregone conclusion he is gone.

1000 vcash and 2 week avatar bet?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may stay but doesn't seem like he's opting in which decreases the chances of him staying

Why would you opt in for $31 mil for 1 year after which you might not come back 100% when you are being offered 5 years for $220 mil?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wanna bet?

I think its telling that it was not the Warriors that made the announcement about his condition and surgery. I was waiting all day to see the article post on Espn.com with a statement from the Warriors about KD's condition, confirming the injury, saying he just had surgery and the procedure was a success etc.

instead, what did we get? KD made the announcement and for all we know, and likely, the Warriors found about all of it the same exact way. I think that shows me he is not exactly on great terms right now. I think its a foregone conclusion he is gone.

1000 vcash and 2 week avatar bet?

First of all I didn't say he was staying. I said the chances were greater than I thought when the playoffs started. I figure it's still 50/50 at best. No bet.

But the rest of your speculating? None of us have ANY idea who is saying what to whom. But I live here so the radio and TV folks here talk about nothing else, and the fact is the Warriors asked KD how he wanted to handle the news and he said let me do it. The rest of the team is texting and calling him every day. The dang GM broke down in tears about it. Their warmup t-shirts tonight say "For Oakland" with the K and D highlighted and lined up over each other.

So while the whole point of this board is for all of us to bullshit all day about every AD trade rumor and KD leaving rumor, none of us have a clue what he's going to do. All I know for sure is GS is offering him the supermax, and other teams will offer the smaller max, and we will see.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you opt in for $31 mil for 1 year after which you might not come back 100% when you are being offered 5 years for $220 mil?

I don't think money is the issue here. He is obviously going to get a max. If money was the issue, he wouldn't seriously consider the other 2 teams.

It would be a done deal.

As I said before on this forum, players consider other things outside of money at times and I think this is one of those times.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all I didn't say he was staying. I said the chances were greater than I thought when the playoffs started. I figure it's still 50/50 at best. No bet.

But the rest of your speculating? None of us have ANY idea who is saying what to whom. But I live here so the radio and TV folks here talk about nothing else, and the fact is the Warriors asked KD how he wanted to handle the news and he said let me do it. The rest of the team is texting and calling him every day. The dang GM broke down in tears about it. Their warmup t-shirts tonight say "For Oakland" with the K and D highlighted and lined up over each other.

So while the whole point of this board is for all of us to bullshit all day about every AD trade rumor and KD leaving rumor, none of us have a clue what he's going to do. All I know for sure is GS is offering him the supermax, and other teams will offer the smaller max, and we will see.
so that was a long winded way of saying you dont want to take my bet on KD staying/leaving?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think money is the issue here. He is obviously going to get a max. If money was the issue, he wouldn't seriously consider the other 2 teams.

It would be a done deal.

As I said before on this forum, players consider other things outside of money at times and I think this is one of those times.

I agree 100%, that's why before the playoffs I thought he was 80% gone. But the way things have played out, I think he has some second and third thoughts. I figure maybe 50/50 now. I doubt he knows yet what he wants. Some of it depends on what other teams do. If Kyrie goes to the Nets and the Knicks whiff on AD, does he want to go there? Who knows? Bottom line is no one knows, nothing is a lock.

My point was just that there's no reason to take the option. If he wants to stay, take the supermax. If he wants to leave, take a max elsewhere. Why bother with opting in?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so that was a long winded way of saying you dont want to take my bet on KD staying/leaving?

Did you just try to rip someone else for being long-winded? LOL

I probably need to repeat my post a few times so you can see what it's like to deal with you.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming you're talking about Durant, I doubt he's leaving the Warriors.

Most everyone thought he was leaving before the injury, I just dont see where the injury changes anything.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just try to rip someone else for being long-winded? LOL

I probably need to repeat my post a few times so you can see what it's like to deal with you.
so again...you refuse to take the bet. gotcha.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most everyone thought he was leaving before the injury, I just dont see where the injury changes anything.

You don't see? I guess you wouldn't. I'm in the middle of it, it's changed a LOT. It's been talked about to death already, the narrative has totally shifted and he is now beloved here in a way he never was before. He's gone from being considered unnecessary to showing he is definitely why this team is an all time great (before he got here they were just regular great). The fact he risked what he did and literally gave his body for the cause changes the calculus a bit. If he was out the door why play?

But still a very strong chance he leaves. I thought 80/20 leaving before the playoffs, now it's maybe 50/50 but there's no way for any of us to have a clue.