• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyler Murray Has Declared for the NFL Draft

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Lions, I might consider trading up. I think the book on Stafford is pretty much iron clad at this point.
I didnt like the pick at the time. Haven't liked it much more since. Still just glad Bradford stayed in school that one last season.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see where he goes. I don't like discounting anyone but I think he's going to be a bust.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt like the pick at the time. Haven't liked it much more since. Still just glad Bradford stayed in school that one last season.
I get it. Things have been so much better with Stafford.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be the second QB taken and end up at Jacksonville

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray commits to football over baseball:

Kyler Murray said:
Moving forward, I am firmly and fully committing my life and time to becoming an NFL quarterback. Football has been my love and passion my entire life. I was raised to play QB, and I very much look forward to dedicating 100% of myself to being the best QB possible and winning NFL championships. I have started an extensive training program to further prepare myself for upcoming NFL workouts and interviews. I eagerly await the opportunity to continue to prove to NFL decision makers that I am the franchise quarterback in this draft.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray is going to go top 5 and so is Haskins.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARI.gif

OAK.gif
Raiders head coach Jon Gruden said in an interview that he doesn't believe Kyler Murray will be available at No. 4 overall. -"I'll be shocked if he's there," Gruden said. It's not a surprise that Gruden is saying this, as there have been reports that he's fascinated with Murray. However, with Murray's positive weigh-in - 5-10 1/8, 207, 9 1/2-inch hands, there's definitely positive momentum for Murray going forward, and it's not out of the realm of possibility that the Cardinals could select him first overall. We currently have Murray going fourth overall in our 2019 NFL Mock Draft.

OAK.gif
"The Raiders are fascinated with Kyler Murray." - Peter King, NBCJon Gruden has been enthralled with unconventional quarterbacks like Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel when he was an announcer for ESPN, so it would make sense that he would have high interest in a similar quarterback. Gruden spent a chunk of the 2018 season yelling at Derek Carr, so it wouldn't be shocking if the Raiders used the fourth-overall selection on Murray. We currently have Murray slotted 13th overall to the Dolphins in the 2019 NFL Mock Draft.

"
NFL General Manager Discusses His Interview with Kyler Murray and Believes Murray Will Be the First Quarterback Chosen
Updated Feb. 28, 2019
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

WalterFootball.com caught up with a general manager of a team who interviewed Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray. This team is in the market to take a quarterback in the first round, so this interview was an important first impression for Murray to make with this team. Overall, the general manager thought Murray did pretty well. Here is a transcript of the text Q&A I had with the general manager.

GM: "We interviewed Murray. Lil confidence, cocky but he needs it."

CC: How was his football I.Q. and recall?

GM: "Average for what their scheme was."

CC: Did you get the sense he might quit football and go back to baseball?

GM: "No! That's my thought, but I think he's gonna be the first one to go."

CC: Did you like his football character, leadership, and work ethic?

GM: "Don't really know!! I think he's so blessed with talent. I do feel he has an ego."

Overall, Murray's interview was fine and did not hurt his draft stock. Teams like quarterbacks who have confidence and swagger, so that is not a negative in the eyes of evaluators. Murray's first impression was good enough that this general manager now thinks that Murray will be the first quarterback to get drafted, so he definitely did not turn evaluators off with how he conducted himself in the team interviews.

Read more: WalterFootball.com: NFL Hot Press

Read more at WalterFootball.com: NFL Hot Press"

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray will not make 17 regular season starts for whatever team drafts him. bookmarket

He will wash out. He's too small and everyone in the NFL is as fast as he is.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray will not make 17 regular season starts for whatever team drafts him. bookmarket

He will wash out. He's too small and everyone in the NFL is as fast as he is.
This. People are acting like his measureables yesterday instantly mean he's clearly gonna be a stud now. He's still the shortest QB at the combine since 2003. Not only that, he added a ton of weight this offseason. While he weighed roughly the same as Wilson did at his combine, that was the weight Wilson played at his final year of college. Murray clearly didn't, so we have no idea what his ability is gonna be playing at that weight now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. People are acting like his measureables yesterday instantly mean he's clearly gonna be a stud now. He's still the shortest QB at the combine since 2003. Not only that, he added a ton of weight this offseason. While he weighed roughly the same as Wilson did at his combine, that was the weight Wilson played at his final year of college. Murray clearly didn't, so we have no idea what his ability is gonna be playing at that weight now.

The difference between Murray and Wilson is that Wilson dropped 10 pounds to get to his weight at the combine, Murray added 10 pounds. I promise when Murray has his pro day he will be closer to 197#.
The kid is local, actually from my town and played little league on the team that I now coach. So I am rooting for him (regardless of his dad and the A&M crap), but all the same stuff people said about JFF's ability to play in the NFL applies to Murray. Murray doesn't have the off the field nor is he an idiot like JFF, but their style of play allowed them to do well in college where the best team you play will have maybe 2 or 3 guys that will one day play on Sunday. In the NFL you get to play against d linemen that can run almost the same 40 time as him. It's different having 2 or 3 guys on defense that are as fast as you are, and having 11 guys that are as fast or faster.

Kyler should have parlayed this NFL talk into more MLB money and guarantees about a promotion schedule. He will make more money going the NFL route then he will in the next 5 years going the MLB route. However, over his lifetime his better choice is the MLB. He has legit baseball skills and is the perfect size there.