• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Lewis Out For Several Weeks/Months?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I never bought into "we have too many outfielders" or "what happens when Julio Rodriguez is ready."

Guys get hurt, guys don't pan out. The next time the Mariners have a surplus of healthy talented major leaguers players at one position it will be the very first time and I will probably faint because I wont know what to do.

Anyways first of all I'll say for the 30th time at least do not trade Haniger please extend him.

Second of all Kyle Lewis' days in CF need to be over. The knee is a ticking time bomb and after what happened in Spring Training, its no shock at all it happened again. I'm tempted to say I'd prefer him out of the OF all together but ill see how it plays out.

Lastly please do not rush him back, I'd love for him to get ABs but this year clearly isnt about putting your best team on the field or trying to win so dont force it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I never bought into "we have too many outfielders" or "what happens when Julio Rodriguez is ready."

Guys get hurt, guys don't pan out. The next time the Mariners have a surplus of healthy talented major leaguers players at one position it will be the very first time and I will probably faint because I wont know what to do.

Anyways first of all I'll say for the 30th time at least do not trade Haniger please extend him.

Second of all Kyle Lewis' days in CF need to be over. The knee is a ticking time bomb and after what happened in Spring Training, its no shock at all it happened again. I'm tempted to say I'd prefer him out of the OF all together but ill see how it plays out.

Lastly please do not rush him back, I'd love for him to get ABs but this year clearly isnt about putting your best team on the field or trying to win so dont force it.
Ya you know my opinion on that as well. No such thing as too much talent. Sports create opportunities and situations. I don't care if he makes it back fast I just want him making it back healthy and for the long term.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is horribly managed, probably the worst in MLB from the top down, I don't want to sugar coat that fact, but damn it they've gotta be the unluckiest team as well on top of it all.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am in the minority on the rebuild. But his knee is one of the main reasons why I wanted Lewis to play LF. If it is surgery then it is 3 knee surgeries on the same knee since he was drafted isn’t it?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am in the minority on the rebuild. But his knee is one of the main reasons why I wanted Lewis to play LF. If it is surgery then it is 3 knee surgeries on the same knee since he was drafted isn’t it?
i think its two surgeries and three injuries but your point stands. I prefer he stay away from CF going forward as well.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is horribly managed, probably the worst in MLB from the top down, I don't want to sugar coat that fact, but damn it they've gotta be the unluckiest team as well on top of it all.
Unluckiest team I can agree with but horribly managed I would say the Phillies than Mariners.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is 100% my thoughts. The odds that all three outfielders played the entire season was slim and I was on the record saying we should keep Haniger. He is leading the team in hits, RBIs, and HRs and is one of the few vets we even have. Unless we get a massive return for him which I dont think we will, I think we should keep him.

I dont think this team is in as much trouble as people make them out to be because as I am writing this we are sitting at .500. The frustrating thing is that we dont have a star player whether it is a hitter or pitcher and we dont know how long we can keep this record up before we go on an 10 game losing streak and end up in the bottom of the division. I will say I would rather be where we are than a team like the Angels paying a guy 400 million over 11 years and still suck as a team. Anytime we beat the Angels I think/laugh at Ohtani for choosing them over us.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is 100% my thoughts. The odds that all three outfielders played the entire season was slim and I was on the record saying we should keep Haniger. He is leading the team in hits, RBIs, and HRs and is one of the few vets we even have. Unless we get a massive return for him which I dont think we will, I think we should keep him.

I dont think this team is in as much trouble as people make them out to be because as I am writing this we are sitting at .500. The frustrating thing is that we dont have a star player whether it is a hitter or pitcher and we dont know how long we can keep this record up before we go on an 10 game losing streak and end up in the bottom of the division. I will say I would rather be where we are than a team like the Angels paying a guy 400 million over 11 years and still suck as a team. Anytime we beat the Angels I think/laugh at Ohtani for choosing them over us.
If the goal is to start to win in the next two years, which it should then you need start keeping talented players and Haniger fits that bill.

In terms of not having a start, if Kelenic doesnt pan out then I dont see it happening anytime soon and I dont think we have a true #1 starter in the wings yet but I guess you never know.

But yes beating the Angels is beautiful everytime..