• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Lewis AL Rookie of the Year

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats on Kyle Lewis I wasnt sure how he would bounce back from his torn meniscus or ligament in the leg. Now hopefully from here he will get better and the Mariners have a player that will be the face of our franchise for the next 7 years. The first phase of the rebuild after a few years of tanking looks good. We have a few more pitchers coming up along with our top outfield prospects in Julio Rodriguez and Kelenic so we are in a good spot.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats on Kyle Lewis I wasnt sure how he would bounce back from his torn meniscus or ligament in the leg. Now hopefully from here he will get better and the Mariners have a player that will be the face of our franchise for the next 7 years. The first phase of the rebuild after a few years of tanking looks good. We have a few more pitchers coming up along with our top outfield prospects in Julio Rodriguez and Kelenic so we are in a good spot.
Now if you add a couple of real free agents to lead the youngsters, we might finally have something.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats to kyle lewis and the mariners...good job

1605109051679.png

im salivating...and drooling...lol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if you add a couple of real free agents to lead the youngsters, we might finally have something.

the whole exceding rookie expectations..is also a good reason why kyle lewis won the award...most others just did not have..the numbers

for example
headshot-image

team logo
Nick Madrigal

CHW • 2B • 1
View Profile
If not for a separated shoulder, White Sox second baseman Nick Madrigal would've exceeded the rookie limits this past season. Instead, he missed about three weeks and finished with 103 at-bats. Madrigal authored a .340/.376/.369 batting line with only seven strikeouts -- seven strikeouts! -- in those 103 at-bats. Maybe he won't hit .340 all year, but he's a contact machine, and the high-powered White Sox offense will give him plenty of opportunities to score runs and drive in runs. That plus a few steals and strong defense at second base could help Madrigal overcome a lack of power come Rookie of the Year voting time.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
`agreed
its finnally time
to start adding free agents
pitching prob to start with
taijuan walker..would be at the top of my list..but he may be on other teams lists as well

team logo

Red Sox
Taijuan Walker (SP) - The BoSox were on pace for one of the worst starter ERAs in baseball history at one point last season. Simply put, they need starters -- particularly ones that won't break the bank account. In any other year, Taijuan Walker could demand a longer deal, but in this uncertain landscape, he may have to settle for a more modest one.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that that is the plan they are just waiting for a couple of contracts to expire then they will look to land a huge free agent like what the Padres did to Machado and sign a huge star to a huge deal as the center piece around all the young players.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Lewis won't be able to win rookie of the year two years in a row so I guess next year he takes the mvp instead!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that that is the plan they are just waiting for a couple of contracts to expire then they will look to land a huge free agent like what the Padres did to Machado and sign a huge star to a huge deal as the center piece around all the young players.

The contracts are all gone outside of Seager who has one year left. This is the off season to sign big because most teams are going to be cutting costs big time.

And for the record, I hope we don't sign a big Machado type player again. Cano was an interesting signing but they quit signing after him and one player does not make a team in baseball. I would rather they spread the money around and improve multiple positions especially pitching. But as a 43+ year Mariners fan, I expect the least and am usually not surprised when the off season ends.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contracts are all gone outside of Seager who has one year left. This is the off season to sign big because most teams are going to be cutting costs big time.

And for the record, I hope we don't sign a big Machado type player again. Cano was an interesting signing but they quit signing after him and one player does not make a team in baseball. I would rather they spread the money around and improve multiple positions especially pitching. But as a 43+ year Mariners fan, I expect the least and am usually not surprised when the off season ends.

yeah I understand your pain I am definitely not on board to signing any player to a 12 year mega deal like what the dodgers gave Mookie Betts. I really do not blame Cano as much as I do the management not putting anything around him like they couldnt do with Felix or Ichiro. Pitching is great but with Gonzales, Dunn, and Sheffield in the rotation and having 3 pitching prospects in Logan Gilbert, George Kirby and Emerson Hancock getting ready to come up adding a veteran pitcher to that could clog the rotation. Our outfield is filled with Lewis, Kelenic, and Rodriguez I would imagine a great infielder would be the idea with 2nd and 3rd base being open.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
`agreed
its finnally time
to start adding free agents
pitching prob to start with
taijuan walker..would be at the top of my list..but he may be on other teams lists as well

team logo

Red Sox
Taijuan Walker (SP) - The BoSox were on pace for one of the worst starter ERAs in baseball history at one point last season. Simply put, they need starters -- particularly ones that won't break the bank account. In any other year, Taijuan Walker could demand a longer deal, but in this uncertain landscape, he may have to settle for a more modest one.
By the looks of Taijuan Walkers social media he wants to be back in Seattle so it's just a matter of JeDi making it happen.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I understand your pain I am definitely not on board to signing any player to a 12 year mega deal like what the dodgers gave Mookie Betts. I really do not blame Cano as much as I do the management not putting anything around him like they couldnt do with Felix or Ichiro.
100% spot on.

Pitching is great but with Gonzales, Dunn, and Sheffield in the rotation and having 3 pitching prospects in Logan Gilbert, George Kirby and Emerson Hancock getting ready to come up adding a veteran pitcher to that could clog the rotation.
That is always a mistake by GM's. You had two of those pitchers pitch decently over a 60 game season which 1) Doesn't reflect what they can do over a 162 game season and 2) Regression is severely high in young pitchers in their sophomore seasons. Add to the fact that they were decent and not spectacular means upgrading with proven winners is always the best course of action. Then when you talk about Gilbert, Kirby, and Hancock, you are talking guys with zero MLB experience and the inability at this stage to pitch over a full MLB season. Their arms are not geared for that this next season. My personally philosophy has always been that prospects should earn their promotions and not have spots reserved for them just because of their rankings.
Our outfield is filled with Lewis, Kelenic, and Rodriguez
The same goes here as with the pitchers. Lewis should be given the starting spot until he losses it. Kelenic has earned nothing at the MLB level. He may be ready for next season or he may be 2 or 3 years away. Rodriguez has all the tools, but none of the accomplishments at a high level to go with it. I think he is at least 2 years away from contributing and his injury history scares me. He got hit on the wrist yesterday again in winter ball. Luckily he said he was okay. Build the outfield and use the kids as bonus players. If they are good enough, they will take over.

Just my 2 cents worth.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is always a mistake by GM's. You had two of those pitchers pitch decently over a 60 game season which 1) Doesn't reflect what they can do over a 162 game season and 2) Regression is severely high in young pitchers in their sophomore seasons. Add to the fact that they were decent and not spectacular means upgrading with proven winners is always the best course of action. Then when you talk about Gilbert, Kirby, and Hancock, you are talking guys with zero MLB experience and the inability at this stage to pitch over a full MLB season. Their arms are not geared for that this next season. My personally philosophy has always been that prospects should earn their promotions and not have spots reserved for them just because of their rankings.

The same goes here as with the pitchers. Lewis should be given the starting spot until he losses it. Kelenic has earned nothing at the MLB level. He may be ready for next season or he may be 2 or 3 years away. Rodriguez has all the tools, but none of the accomplishments at a high level to go with it. I think he is at least 2 years away from contributing and his injury history scares me. He got hit on the wrist yesterday again in winter ball. Luckily he said he was okay. Build the outfield and use the kids as bonus players. If they are good enough, they will take over.

Just my 2 cents worth.
My only concern with veteran pitchers is that they arent too many of them past the age of 30 that are still very effective almost like an NFL running back. Usually when a pitcher is a free agent means their service time is up and they are around age 28-30 so signing them to a 5-7 year deal doesnt seem like the right move. I would think having young pitchers and having them play their service time would be the best bang for your buck. Maybe the key is to mix it have a bunch of young players on service time and that one vet player in the middle.

It is true that you should actually expect young players to struggle like how we saw with Evan White. I am pretty high on Logan Gilber looking at what he has put together in the minors he has done well at every level his highest ERA is 2.87 with 56 K over 50 innings. I was upset that the previous management rushed up Dustin Ackley and Mike Zunino barely gave them time to adjust and threw them to the wolves in the majors. Corona really hurt Kelenic and Gilbert this was supposed to be the season they both would play a full AA season and 200 ABs/50 innings pitching in the Majors.