• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kovi Deal is done.

Evilflyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Tox but I had to post this. Kovi has a 15 year,$100 million dollar contract with the Debbies:eek:....he won't even be in the NHL for that long.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5:1 odds the Devils get a better return for Rolston than the Flyers got with Gagne because Louie Lams knows whenever you need to rob a team in a trade, Waddell is only a phone call away.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Tox but I had to post this. Kovi has a 15 year,$100 million dollar contract with the Debbies:eek:....he won't even be in the NHL for that long.

No worries EF.

As we all know, this guy can be scary great offensively and since he's joined the Dweebles, his D game has picked up significantly too.

IMO - the best we as Flyers fans can hope for barring a significant injury is that now that he's going to get paid for....well.....forever is that he continues to press too hard and falls flat on his face against us.

I doubt that'll happen, but I gotta believe in something negative coming out of this signing. :)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries EF.

As we all know, this guy can be scary great offensively and since he's joined the Dweebles, his D game has picked up significantly too.

IMO - the best we as Flyers fans can hope for barring a significant injury is that now that he's going to get paid for....well.....forever is that he continues to press too hard and falls flat on his face against us.

I doubt that'll happen, but I gotta believe in something negative coming out of this signing. :)

The negative for the Devils is that they have a $6.667 million cap hit to deal with for a long, long time and they are $3.5 million over the cap right now.

You wouldn't expect any team to trade for aging, overpaid players like Elias or Rolston, but it looks like the Devils are in a position where they must unload at least one of those contracts.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamoriello will slide some GM somewhere a fat envelope and one of those 2 will be playing elsewhere before the season starts.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
call me crazy but i wouldn't be shocked if lou approaches broduer to waive his ntc. if he could trade broduer strait up for a good goalie (L.A. anyone?) who costs a lot less, then he solves all his problems, and looks like a genius. question is, who would broduer agree to go to...

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries EF.

I'm gonna go with the negative in all this his cap hit is going to severely handicap the Devs from keeping some of their other key guys. Even with some aging players coming off the books in the next few years the Devs seem to be trading away their younger talent which will eventually bite them in the ass.

Also Brodeur can't play forever, maybe 2 more seasons if Lou somehow pulled off a trade for a young goalie I think it would have to be Price seeing how bad the Habs want to win but are just a step away and just traded their best goalie away.

I think within the next few years they'll have to go into a minor rebuild mode due to lack of interior talent, or goon a huge free agency/spending spree to stay competetive.

ALso I see Kovy asking for a trade as soon as their not competitive anymore, yes I'm saying he's selfish.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following article sums it up pretty well.

With Kovalchuk safe, Devils must cut salaries - NYPOST.com

They need to unload between $3 and $6 million in salary, but most if not all of the likely players to be moved have no-trade clauses. Elias and Rolston are two of those players. That's a really difficult situation to be in as we all know.

You might as well forget being competitive if you trade away Zajac and also Parise will be due for a massive raise after next season. Brodeur is 38...he can't play forever and he's backed up by 29 year old Danis and 37 year old Hedberg...