• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks could be first team...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
puusingus stays in NY he will NEVER do a thing!

You are right.

But that is because the organization is completely incompetent. You are blaming the wrong people.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt dolan is the most incompetent owner, but its no excuse that the same results occur year after year with different personnel. somebody has to take control, and it ain't hornysuk. this is a great game, NY is the biggest market. THERE IS NO EXCUSE that the league sits back and allows its to continue!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt dolan is the most incompetent owner, but its no excuse that the same results occur year after year with different personnel. somebody has to take control, and it ain't hornysuk. this is a great game, NY is the biggest market. THERE IS NO EXCUSE that the league sits back and allows its to continue!

:L

It absolutely is a reason, not an excuse. The owner is the one who sets the pace for the organization. When you have an owner like Dolan who thinks the NBA runs like a fantasy league and you can just throw players on a roster without regard to how the pieces fit, you get a team that produces the same poor results year after year because year after year, you have a team of pieces that don't fit. It stays the same no matter how often you change the personnel.

You're right, someone has to take control. Unfortunately, it can't happen with an owner who insists on being in control and doesn't know what he's doing. He needs to do what Dr. Buss did when he was alive. Hire the best basketball people he can and get the hell out of the way.

As for the league stepping in...don't hold your breath. Unless someone has some evidence of racism or unwanted sexual advances that comes out, the league is unlikely to do anything. Look how long they let Sterling do what he did with the Clippers.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
You're right, someone has to take control. Unfortunately, it can't happen with an owner who insists on being in control and doesn't know what he's doing. He needs to do what Dr. Buss did when he was alive. Hire the best basketball people he can and get the hell out of the way.

Tried this with Phil ... that didn't end up so well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried this with Phil ... that didn't end up so well.

Yeah, Dolan finally does what he should have years ago and picks someone the game has passed by. I'll say this, while Short Buss running things with the Lakers was a complete shitshow...he did do one thing right...he passed on bringing Phil back. It was out of spite rather than brains of course, but he did manage to do that one thing right. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who exactly is supposed to take control? The coach? Porzingas?

The roster is flawed and the owner has ultimate control over everything that happens within the franchise. He has continually hired the wrong people to make basketball decisions.

It is like you expect Hornacek to steer a sinking ship to a championship, when the reality is that he would do exceptionally well just to be in the playoff hunt.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who exactly is supposed to take control? The coach? Porzingas?

The roster is flawed and the owner has ultimate control over everything that happens within the franchise. He has continually hired the wrong people to make basketball decisions.

It is like you expect Hornacek to steer a sinking ship to a championship, when the reality is that he would do exceptionally well just to be in the playoff hunt.

If you want to see similar rants from Pasta, please check out the AL East thread on the MLB forum during the regular season. Nonstop bitching about the Yankees

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to see similar rants from Pasta, please check out the AL East thread on the MLB forum during the regular season. Nonstop bitching about the Yankees

200.gif

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off, i'm not expecting a championship season, although derek jeter said it himself 'you don't win it all season is a failure, and i happen to agree with him!

second, if it were not for the f n corporations in NYC buyin most of the seats, we probably would not even be discussing this schitt, regardless of dolan being an a hole owner, there would be no one in the seats. thats where i feel the league should find a loophole, find a way to get dolan removed, something!

and please, knock it off with the flawed roster, that is moronic! what are there maybe 4 teams out of what 30 that have a real shot? so that means what? what do you call the other 26 rosters?

sorry, but ownership does not always set the pace, billionaires have lotsa stuff, lotsa.. and sometimes it is left up to GM's, head coaches, etc to get it done. what do they say 'its the laborers who are the backbone..

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off, i'm not expecting a championship season, although derek jeter said it himself 'you don't win it all season is a failure, and i happen to agree with him!

second, if it were not for the f n corporations in NYC buyin most of the seats, we probably would not even be discussing this schitt, regardless of dolan being an a hole owner, there would be no one in the seats. thats where i feel the league should find a loophole, find a way to get dolan removed, something!

and please, knock it off with the flawed roster, that is moronic! what are there maybe 4 teams out of what 30 that have a real shot? so that means what? what do you call the other 26 rosters?

sorry, but ownership does not always set the pace, billionaires have lotsa stuff, lotsa.. and sometimes it is left up to GM's, head coaches, etc to get it done. what do they say 'its the laborers who are the backbone..

I swear I tried to find one intelligent part of this post and I just can't.
wzOJM.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moronic to say they have a flawed roster?

When the franchise from the Mecca of basketball, an iconic free agent destination continues to be ifrelevant for as long as the Knicks have, it is on ownership. They have a stacked deck In Their favor, yet still can't make it work.

Again, it is organizational failure on behalf of Dolan. Nothing less.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes moronic, every roster has flaws.

all i expect is to watch my team play competitive, thats all, to play to the best of their abilities, if you think they do that's great, i respect that. however, i don't think you are a knicks fan? so you don't see what a knicks fan sees game to game, like who is on court at times of game, time outs that are not properly called during games where 20 point leads are given up so easily because the coach doesn't know when to stop the bleeding, ETC.

so you say its all on the owner. so tell me this. a little off topic, but, the financial industry. all these men and women of fortune 500 companies who jump from company to company, like a meg whitman or a bob parsons the ones in charge, you tellin me that the success of those companies were soley because of them?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes moronic, every roster has flaws.

all i expect is to watch my team play competitive, thats all, to play to the best of their abilities, if you think they do that's great, i respect that. however, i don't think you are a knicks fan? so you don't see what a knicks fan sees game to game, like who is on court at times of game, time outs that are not properly called during games where 20 point leads are given up so easily because the coach doesn't know when to stop the bleeding, ETC.

so you say its all on the owner. so tell me this. a little off topic, but, the financial industry. all these men and women of fortune 500 companies who jump from company to company, like a meg whitman or a bob parsons the ones in charge, you tellin me that the success of those companies were soley because of them?
No, he is saying it is specifically the Knicks' management. The people that you cited lead by putting competent people in positions and letting them do their job. Dolan continues to hold the reins of control and screw everything up. It is not that difficult to understand if you actually read the posts. But someone who started a thread saying their team will not win a game all season and then constantly bitch because they are 1 game out of a playoff spot and 4 out of having home court advantage in the first round I'm guessing is just looking for things to bitch about.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG! he also owns the NY Rangers, Rangers have been in the running for a championship for many years under dolans reign.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG! he also owns the NY Rangers, Rangers have been in the running for a championship for many years under dolans reign.
Then maybe he should stick to hockey and keep his nose out of basketball.

Wait, the last championship that the Rangers won was when? The last time the Knicks were good was when?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@logic, what da hell is wrong with you son?

if it says dolan has his kung fu grip on the knicks, rangers and liberty, then Y is it that only the knicks suck every freekin stinkin year?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@logic, what da hell is wrong with you son?

if it says dolan has his kung fu grip on the knicks, rangers and liberty, then Y is it that only the knicks suck every freekin stinkin year?

I don't know anything about hockey or the WNBA, so I won't comment on that. I do know that Dolan has horrifically mismanaged the Knicks for a long time by placing trust in the wrong people to make basketball decisions (Isaiah Thomas, Phil Jackson, etc.). That is fact. I don't know what he has done differently with those other franchises, but the Knicks are a horribly run franchise.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crickets? This team better than thought.