• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins is a loser.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit on the key word. Ok is what Kirk is. Good enough to make you relevant, but not good enough to make you elite. I was fine with his guaranteed contract when he first signed it because it was short term at 3 years. Then we extended it 2 years. Then 2 more years. That pissed me off, because it's continuing to kick the can down the road and not draft his replacement.
Yea I think if you have lots of talent elsewhere you can win with Kirk but i don't see the roster as strong enough to overcome what he cant do. It seemed like a stronger roster a couple of years ago so they probably missed the window with him as the QB.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of QBs that regularly throw safe passes short of the sticks in key situations to make their stats look better. In my mind Cousins is 1 of them.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just called but buddy/co-worker in ND that’s a big Vikings fan. Been giving him trouble about Cousins all year

He didn’t answer lol
Careful, it's risky mixing buisness with pleasure.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of QBs that regularly throw safe passes short of the sticks in key situations to make their stats look better. In my mind Cousins is 1 of them.
You think he threw the check down on 4th down to pad his stats?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he threw the check down on 4th down to pad his stats?
Fear and vanity collided. He didn't throw a safe pass to make his stats look better. He threw a safe pass to minimise of the risk of his stats worsening with an INT. It would have been better for the team if he threw a deeper jump ball into double coverage. The completion/conversion rate would have been low and the INT risk high, but it needed to be done. He's not alone. I've seen Goff throw a 4th down pass out of bounds rather than take a risk. How often do we see QBs throw a Hail Mary at the end of the 1st half when an INT wouldn't hurt the team? Anyone remember Romo throwing a dumpoff against the Redskins that resulted in a completion that was fumbled and returned for a TD? It's a media/fan/fantasy-football related issue. Tannehill got extra crap for throwing a jump ball INT to end the Titans playoffs maybe 2 years ago. It's a stats league, and Cousins generates nice stats.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fear and vanity collided. He didn't throw a safe pass to make his stats look better. He threw a safe pass to minimise of the risk of his stats worsening with an INT. It would have been better for the team if he threw a deeper jump ball into double coverage. The completion/conversion rate would have been low and the INT risk high, but it needed to be done. He's not alone. I've seen Goff throw a 4th down pass out of bounds rather than take a risk. How often do we see QBs throw a Hail Mary at the end of the 1st half when an INT wouldn't hurt the team? Anyone remember Romo throwing a dumpoff against the Redskins that resulted in a completion that was fumbled and returned for a TD? It's a media/fan/fantasy-football related issue. Tannehill got extra crap for throwing a jump ball INT to end the Titans playoffs maybe 2 years ago. It's a stats league, and Cousins generates nice stats.
That's a tough projection for me. You can criticize the decision all you like. I don't think his stats went into the decision-making process for why he throws the ball short.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough projection for me. You can criticize the decision all you like. I don't think his stats went into the decision-making process for why he throws the ball short.
That's fair enoiugh. I can see what you're saying. I'll make a projection - if Cousins was in the same situation next week he'd do the same thing again. He's a good QB but he's not a gun-slinger, even when the situation calls for a gun-slinger.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair enoiugh. I can see what you're saying. I'll make a projection - if Cousins was in the same situation next week he'd do the same thing again. He's a good QB but he's not a gun-slinger, even when the situation calls for a gun-slinger.
Immediately what comes to mind is that catch-of-the-year nominee from Jefferson. I think it may have been the Bills game? That was a desperate low percentage situation versus coverage and Cousins didn't hesitate to gun it in there.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Immediately what comes to mind is that catch-of-the-year nominee from Jefferson. I think it may have been the Bills game? That was a desperate low percentage situation versus coverage and Cousins didn't hesitate to gun it in there.
You could well be right. Not 1 of the few Bills games I watched this year.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah said the "expectation" is that Kirk Cousins will return to the team for the 2023 season.​

Adofo-Mensah noted that the team will look at all options with Cousins, including a contract extension. Cousins has a dead cap hit of nearly $49 million in 2023, so the only way to move on from him would be a trade. Even then, any team acquiring him would need to have a contract extension of their own in place. The Vikings will run it back with a similar roster next year. Their first priority in the offseason will be fixing the defense that gave up 31 points to the Giants in the Wild Card Round.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah said the "expectation" is that Kirk Cousins will return to the team for the 2023 season.​

Adofo-Mensah noted that the team will look at all options with Cousins, including a contract extension. Cousins has a dead cap hit of nearly $49 million in 2023, so the only way to move on from him would be a trade. Even then, any team acquiring him would need to have a contract extension of their own in place. The Vikings will run it back with a similar roster next year. Their first priority in the offseason will be fixing the defense that gave up 31 points to the Giants in the Wild Card Round.
Cousins is due $30M which is fully guaranteed. He also has a full no-trade clause.