• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings sign somone!

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it does, and some players do (look at Kevin Labanc for SJ, 2018-19 17/39/56 -1, 2019-20 14/19/33 -33. Took a $1 million deal off a $925,000 RFA contract after 56 points and had a very subpar year after. SJ gave him a 4 years/$18.9 million/$4.725 million AAV deal, which isn't chump change, but had he taken a higher deal in 2019 he is making a lot more than that. 55-60 point guys make between $5-6 million generally if not more depending on free agency status) but an elite player is not going to do that.

On the flip side of the $11 million, the Kings gave him an 8 year/$56 million deal in 2011 and he won 2 Cups, won a Norris (and was a nominee a few other times as well) and 5 ASG appearances. They got a ton of value from that annual $7 million AAV. The same could be said for Kopitar too who won 2 Cups, a Selke, a Lady Byng and 3 ASG appearances under that 7 years/$47.6 million/$6.8 million AAV
and already a Selke and a Hart nomination under the new more expensive deal. The Kings got exceptional value out of those guys who were underpaid for what they delivered.

I'm on board with you that these contracts are ridiculous, especially the $10+ million ones, but unfortunately that is the business of hockey.
Dont get me wrong, these guys deserve the money IMO. I just think that winning is more important than the extra money. Money will come with endorsements etc (especially here in LA),. Maybe I just have a different mind frame.

I look at Tom Brady, the GOAT and for years he took less money so the extra money could go elsewhere. I know i know, he also has a super model wife that makes more than he does but still. LOL

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is way more important to me too, but I think we're a little old school compared to the mentality out there today. No way guys like Doughty, Karlsson, etc were going to leave money on the table. Just looking at his birth date, I was almost 15 years old when he was born, which is my oldest's age now. Seeing and experiencing their world, it's just a different place than what I grew up in and many of us as well.

Brady was a bit of an anomaly, but it's nice to see guys like still out here (not a fan though being a Giants fan). Did read a story this week that he orchestrated a drive in the final 3-4 minutes of the game last weekend so a $250,000 bonus would trigger for Antonio Brown by reaching 45 catches for the season; he entered the game with 34 and Brady made it the 11 catches happen.

Pretty awesome thing to do for a teammate.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian cantplay is my official pick

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is way more important to me too, but I think we're a little old school compared to the mentality out there today. No way guys like Doughty, Karlsson, etc were going to leave money on the table. Just looking at his birth date, I was almost 15 years old when he was born, which is my oldest's age now. Seeing and experiencing their world, it's just a different place than what I grew up in and many of us as well.

Brady was a bit of an anomaly, but it's nice to see guys like still out here (not a fan though being a Giants fan). Did read a story this week that he orchestrated a drive in the final 3-4 minutes of the game last weekend so a $250,000 bonus would trigger for Antonio Brown by reaching 45 catches for the season; he entered the game with 34 and Brady made it the 11 catches happen.

Pretty awesome thing to do for a teammate.
Yeah he hooked up Antonio Brown as did Russell Wilson for one of his receivers. Instead of kneeling at the end of the game, he audibled and called a little end around play where he flipped the ball to the receiver which counted as a reception. The coach shook his head until he realized why it happened.

I believe there was one other QB that did it as well.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiver wire is where he belongs. If the Kings ever picked him up I would be sick to my stomach.
I know. I think the Habs will put him on the taxi squad. AHL does nothing. Having a low cost vet that can step in at any time would be nice FOR THEM.