• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings sign defenseman Sean Durzi

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20-year-old right-shot defenseman Sean Durzi, acquired from the Toronto Maple Leafs along with Carl Grundstrom and a first round pick for Jake Muzzin, has signed a three-year, entry-level contract. The Mississauga native recorded five assists in Guelph’s four-game sweep of Kitchener and in 35 regular season games split between Guelph and Owen Sound totaled 11 goals and 37 points. An over-ager, the Maple Leafs’ 2018 second round draft pick will play professionally in 2019-20.
per insider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm optimistic about this guy. Our lack of offense has just as much to do with our defensemen not joining plays, and not getting the puck up to the forwards, as it has with our forwards not producing. I still hope the Kings stay true to their defensive roots, and teach/develop these skilled guys into defense-first guys. I don't want to get fast for the sake of getting fast. Would be nice to finish checks, and be hard to play against again. I think that's where championship hockey still is.

The forwards are coming along, and we've seen some promise from some guys. That Wagner goal Saturday night was gorgeous (Speed/finish). Grundstrom has looked solid, even if he ends up being a bottom 6 guy. He still shows skill, and that's sorely missing on the bottom 6 as well.

I keep saying it, but two summers, and I think we'll see a big transition in everything.