• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Kiermaier and Cardgate

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What say you?

Dirty pool by Tampa or sloppy move by Toronto?

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see both sides of this story. The catcher needs to secure his report better, but Kiermaier didn't really do anything wrong. Harold Reynolds said they should just copy the paper and then give it back.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see both sides of this story. The catcher needs to secure his report better, but Kiermaier didn't really do anything wrong. Harold Reynolds said they should just copy the paper and then give it back.
The funny part is that the next day, during the hubbub, the other Toronto catcher dropped his card and it was laying on the ground, unattended, for an extended time.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The catchers have to secure those cards better. They direct the game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But for the record, I agree. If you are going to leave your playbook in the open and the other team looks at it, that is on you.

I am also ok with throwing at Kiermaier. There is a price that must be paid, but it
isnt anything like the Astros with trashcangate or the Cards with hackgate.

Last edited:

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. If Kiermaier gets plunked (as long as it's between the knees and shoulders), I have no problem with it. Like Don Drysdale said to Willie Mays "Do you want it in the ribs or the butt?"
Just for the record, given those choices, I would choose the butt. It won't cause any serious injuries, although it hurts, too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. If Kiermaier gets plunked (as long as it's between the knees and shoulders), I have no problem with it. Like Don Drysdale said to Willie Mays "Do you want it in the ribs or the butt?"
Just for the record, given those choices, I would choose the butt. It won't cause any serious injuries, although it hurts, too.
He was hit perfectly. Right in the numbers. Baseball players taking care of business.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kinda brings up a question I have always wondered about…

When players change teams, how much “insider” info do they share with their new teams? What level is acceptable and what level is considered being a rat?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What say you?

Dirty pool by Tampa or sloppy move by Toronto?
It would have amounted to nothing if he had brought it to the umpire’s or the Jays attention instead of taking it back to TB’s dugout

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have amounted to nothing if he had brought it to the umpire’s or the Jays attention instead of taking it back to TB’s dugout
Why should he have done that, though? The Toronto catcher left the field.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that makes it okay? The catcher didn’t realize he had lost it
I dont know. That’s why I asked. This is not a clear cut situation. What is the line between dirty pool and aggressive play? I am sure that line is different for everyone.

imho (yrmv), if you are going to be careless with a piece of paper that is THAT important, you kinda get what you deserve. Especially when the OTHER Toronto catcher essentially did the same thing the very next day.

It opens the door to all the other “unwritten rules”. Is it OK for a runner at 2nd to relay signs? Is it OK for the batter to act on something he overhears from a mound visit (all players now cover their mouths during mound visits because Will Clark read the lips of the coach years ago and knew what pitch was coming). Is it ok for the catcher to tell the batter a curve is coming, only to serve up chin music?

Where’s the line?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. That’s why I asked. This is not a clear cut situation. What is the line between dirty pool and aggressive play? I am sure that line is different for everyone.

imho (yrmv), if you are going to be careless with a piece of paper that is THAT important, you kinda get what you deserve. Especially when the OTHER Toronto catcher essentially did the same thing the very next day.

It opens the door to all the other “unwritten rules”. Is it OK for a runner at 2nd to relay signs? Is it OK for the batter to act on something he overhears from a mound visit (all players now cover their mouths during mound visits because Will Clark read the lips of the coach years ago and knew what pitch was coming). Is it ok for the catcher to tell the batter a curve is coming, only to serve up chin music?

Where’s the line?
The line should be: this isn’t mine or my team’s so I should return it

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line should be: this isn’t mine or my team’s so I should return it
And they should call their own balls/strikes and their own outs as well. That’s how it is played on the playground, after all.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, has anyone actually seen what is on one of those cards?