• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant also has Coronavirus

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I go to the grocery store just to pick up beer, I wonder if I'd get in trouble. My wife forgot to get beer when she did the grocery run earlier today.

Seems like she should be the one in trouble.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I saw correctly, does seem like the rate of death went up.
from what I have read they do not expect it to peak until mid-May.

those governors arent making up those numbers. They come from doctors and scientists that have modeled.

and really- all social distancing does is delay you getting the disease. I mean- it exploded from a few people a month ago to what it is now.

Even if it got back to just a few people it could just start right back up again.

What social distancing does is allow the number of people that are going to be infected to be spread out over a longer time period as not to overwhelm the medical infrastructure.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

those governors arent making up those numbers. They come from doctors and scientists that have modeled.

and really- all social distancing does is delay you getting the disease. I mean- it exploded from a few people a month ago to what it is now.

Even if it got back to just a few people it could just start right back up again.

What social distancing does is allow the number of people that are going to be infected to be spread out over a longer time period as not to overwhelm the medical infrastructure.

And what I don’t think some on here understand is that those multi million death estimates are if people don’t take necessary precautions.

So 6 months from now, people are probably still going to be talking about how this wasn’t a big deal. But if that narrative plays out it will be because of the precautions most are taking now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol tell me about it. it's crazy. i'm lucky to work in an "essential industry", or our doors would be shut tight here...

the hoarding i'm seeing daily is still trippin' me out...

Ooh. I disagree.

People like me are the lucky ones.

Getting paid to stay home. I can get used to this.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I go to the grocery store just to pick up beer, I wonder if I'd get in trouble. My wife forgot to get beer when she did the grocery run earlier today.

Dude. No you won't.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is basically true. A lot of people are going to get the virus. Not that many will even know. A small percentage (old, infirm) will die. Just like....the flu where every year 40,000 people die of it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You probably won’t get in trouble.

But honestly, that is crazy. You will be okay without the beer. Might not be okay with the corona.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is basically true. A lot of people are going to get the virus. Not that many will even know. A small percentage (old, infirm) will die. Just like....the flu where every year 40,000 people die of it.
Most was true, but those numbers seem crazy high...not to say it wont be a lot higher than it is now.

5-8 mil in Ohio? when 80K had it in China? I get they could be and were more strict with citizens.......but come on.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most was true, but those numbers seem crazy high...not to say it wont be a lot higher than it is now.

5-8 mil in Ohio? when 80K had it in China? I get they could be and were more strict with citizens.......but come on.
We don't really know the actual Chinese data, it's not reliable. And possibly millions had it but had no symptoms.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't really know the actual Chinese data, it's not reliable. And possibly millions had it but had no symptoms.
True, but deaths were listed at 3K. again, I get not sure how reliable.

OH just called for a lockdown for tomorrow at midnight to 4/6. In announcing said info from doc was 40-60% will get the virus in the next year.

So what does a 2 week lockdown do?

I don't say that to say people should not stay home....they should. But numbers/time don't add up.

How is The Boy coping on his bday? How old?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but deaths were listed at 3K. again, I get not sure how reliable.

OH just called for a lockdown for tomorrow at midnight to 4/6. In announcing said info from doc was 40-60% will get the virus in the next year.

So what does a 2 week lockdown do?

I don't say that to say people should not stay home....they should. But numbers/time don't add up.

How is The Boy coping on his bday? How old?
He's fine. Turned 15.

Like Wiggy said, preemptive lockdowns are to slow it down, before it's out of hand. Even though we all might have it and not know, like most of the NBA players who got it

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fine. Turned 15.

Like Wiggy said, preemptive lockdowns are to slow it down, before it's out of hand. Even though we all might have it and not know, like most of the NBA players who got it
No doubt the lockdowns are necessary. While nothing will change for me as I'm already working from home, at least this will hopefully get more to close their business and/or work from home if not necessary to be in an office.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this your way of admitting you were wrong?
No it's my way of trolling you back. I'm actually right.

And I'm the one willing to make the bet that I'm right.