• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kerrigan and Smith

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to get their shit together both have been a major disappointment rushing the QB

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is gone.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, God bless Scot McCloughan, but he had a lot of misses here.

Smith
Matt Jones
Perine
Doctson
Sua

Not to mention his complete yearly debacle that was his free agency ventures. He hit on a couple, (Scherff, Crowder) scooped up Dunbar, but Damn!

Then you have the guys we have now, draft a project LT in the 3rd round when we need a guard, and a special teams safety when we need a corner or safety that you can actually put in the rotation.

This runs deeper than Jay.

I held on to the bitter end with RG3. I held on to the bitter end with Scot. Not with the hope of looking smart or being right. Just the hope that one of those two guys could fix my Redskins.

Scot may have done more harm than good and I was a Scot guy. Hurts me to say that. Scot wanted to sign Kirk before Bruce did, I'll give him that.

I think the Skins have some smart guys in the building, but you gotta cut out the cancer that is Bruce before I will truly believe again.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, God bless Scot McCloughan, but he had a lot o of missed here.

Smith
Matt Jones
Perine
Doctson
Sua

Not to mention his complete yearly debacle that was his free agency ventures. He hit on a couple, (Scherff, Crowder) scooped up Dunbar, but Damn!

Then you have the guys we have now, draft a project LT in the 3rd round when we need a guard, and a special teams safety when we need a corner or safety that you can actually put in the rotation.

I held on to the bitter end with RG3. I held on to the bitter end with Scot. Not with the hope of looking smart or being right. Just the hope that one of those two guys could fix my Redskins.

Scot may have done more harm than good and I was a Scot guy. Hurts me to say that. Scot wanted to sign Kirk before Bruce did, I'll give him that.

I think the Skins have some smart guys in the building, but you gotta cut out the cancer that is Bruce before I will truly believe again.

wasn't Bruce Allen the one that drafted the project LT this past draft

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't Bruce Allen the one that drafted the project LT this past draft

Who knows! That's what's so frustrating. You have Cooley saying Jay drafted Ioannidis, Bruce says he traded for Alex, Doug says he signed AP.

Everyone is pulling in different directions. It's a complete show.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize I might be ranting at this point, but I was born in 75. I remember the days where I would tape the game on VHS re-watch the Redskins running some poor team out of RFK for the rest of the week until the next game.

WTF happened to my Redskins?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is smith a miss ? i get jones , a i get sua. perine wasnt an SM pick dox i can buy

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, God bless Scot McCloughan, but he had a lot of misses here.

Smith
Matt Jones
Perine
Doctson
Sua

Glad someone else sees it with Scot. There was also the Culliver signing (the pre-Norman move) and the 2 special teamers he signed to be starters that were outright terrible. I thought Scot said KC wasn't worth top dollar? And while I agree that he hit on Scherff. I like to think that the #5 pick in the 2015 draft would not be making fundamental bonehead plays 4 years into his NFL career.

You're right. It does run deeper than Jay. He's still part of the problem though imo.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pass rushers in this draft this year we can afford to lose both

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad someone else sees it with Scot. There was also the Culliver signing (the pre-Norman move) and the 2 special teamers he signed to be starters that were outright terrible. I thought Scot said KC wasn't worth top dollar? And while I agree that he hit on Scherff. I like to think that the #5 pick in the 2015 draft would not be making fundamental bonehead plays 4 years into his NFL career.

You're right. It does run deeper than Jay. He's still part of the problem though imo.
To your point we passed on Gurley.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is smith a miss ? i get jones , a i get sua. perine wasnt an SM pick dox i can buy

Smith is a miss in my book because if he wasn't why spend another 2nd round pick on a guy that plays his position in Anderson. To top it all off, they missed on him too. You spend two number 2's on two OLBs and four weeks in they have a combined one sack to show for it. Mind you, this is with Allen and Payne, who were supposed to free these guys up to make plays.

Getting back to the original post. I saw a little something in Kerrigan Monday. He got home, got pressured, was doubled and appears to be on the verge of a breakout game. Smith.......ehhh

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is a miss in my book because if he wasn't why spend another 2nd round pick on a guy that plays his position in Anderson. To top it all off, they missed on him too. You spend two number 2's on two OLBs and four weeks in they have a combined one sack to show for it. Mind you, this is with Allen and Payne, who were supposed to free these guys up to make plays.

Getting back to the original post. I saw a little something in Kerrigan Monday. He got home, got pressured, was doubled and appears to be on the verge of a breakout game. Smith.......ehhh

this guy is a 3 yr starter and avgs about 7 sacks per year and has made some great defensive INTs and scored with them

now i dont know what you expect out of a 2nd round draft pick but certainly a solid starter is worth the pick

why they drafted anderson is of no consequence and making the case for anderson bustdom could be legit but smith is far from it

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smith is a quality player, I just think he is a 43 DE. We switched to a 34 on behalf of Shanahan then proceeded to draft a bunch of 43 DEs to play OLB in 34.

In

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are correct that SM led the brigade saying something to the effect that he wanted to sign Cousin's but wasn't going to ruin the entire team by paying too much."

So many here were lamenting the loss of Scot that I thought I was about the only one that was not that impressed with him. It looks like there were a few more.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct that SM led the brigade saying something to the effect that he wanted to sign Cousin's but wasn't going to ruin the entire team by paying too much."

So many here were lamenting the loss of Scot that I thought I was about the only one that was not that impressed with him. It looks like there were a few more.

On the surface of his history, his player acquisition was unimpressive; however, you can not argue with the results of his teams.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy is a 3 yr starter and avgs about 7 sacks per year and has made some great defensive INTs and scored with them

now i dont know what you expect out of a 2nd round draft pick but certainly a solid starter is worth the pick

why they drafted anderson is of no consequence and making the case for anderson bustdom could be legit but smith is far from it

The drafting of Anderson is b/c they didn't like Murphy and had no interest in retaining him in FA. If Smith continues being a ghost then he should be let go in FA. B/c of Smith's age he will get paid in FA. With 12 games left, he has to put up at least 7 sacks to even warrant the conversation of retaining him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drafting of Anderson is b/c they didn't like Murphy and had no interest in retaining him in FA. If Smith continues being a ghost then he should be let go in FA. B/c of Smith's age he will get paid in FA. With 12 games left, he has to put up at least 7 sacks to even warrant the conversation of retaining him.

No...the drafting of Anderson had to do thoughts of him as player. How is Murphy doing this season? Oh...2.5 sacks so far.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To your point we passed on Gurley.

Gurley would look real good in BnG. The kid can do it all and it would be great to have a legit 3 down RB in Gruden's offense. We needed to shore up our interior OL in the worst way though so I was cool with the Scherff pick. But could BS of been had at pick 38 where we selected Preston Smith allowing the Skins to select Gurley or someone else at 5? Probably and there's the rub. For all the moving n shaking Scotty Mac seemed to like. You'd think a move like that would be right in his wheelhouse.

Sportster 72 said:

Yeah, OK I remember Scotty Mac saying something to that effect. You could tell he liked Cousins, thought he had moxie and some skills, but he wasn't ready to go all in. Far as lamenting SM's loss. Do I wish he was still in the Skins brain trust and Allen had been 86ed? Damn skippy I do, but we weren't shooting up the charts like a bullet headed to #1 when he was here and his misses both in the draft and FA were plentiful.

I'm not an SM hater, but I'm not signing up for his fan club either.