• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kelvin Benjamin Axed

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First you must admit you have a problem.

And by admitting your panic, you are halfway there.
I think you underestimate how much I really don't care. Especially any one player.

I troll Rams fans by saying Todd Gurley is trash (facetiously) on here.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loses Passing option 3 (albeit a very efficient one):

e0c.gif

eh, for me, it's not just Watkins. it's the combo of Hunt and Watkins ....

in the Chiefs first 9 games this season (the games in which Hunt and Watkins were both playing), the 2 of them combined were giving the Chiefs about 175 yards a game from scrimmage.

Those aren't players that you just plug in the next guy and they give you the same production.

There is no way Conley and Ware (or running back by committee) are going to replace that type of production.

and, certainly, they can just change the things they are doing on offense to replace that production and I think we saw that on Sunday against the Raiders ..... we saw Mahomes running the ball a lot more than he had anytime this season (to replace some running yards lost by Hunt) and we saw Travis Kelce catching more passes than he has all season and about to collapse from exhaustion in that 4th quarter when the camera would pan to him.

Those are 2 things the Chiefs do not want to do because both increase risks of injury to 2 of their most important (if not most important) offensive pieces.

I know you will deny that the loss of Hunt and now Watkins is not going to effect the Chiefs signficiantly. I believe it will long-term and it may bite them in January.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conley would be a top 20 WR by DVOA were he to qualify :dhd:

Hunt literally does not matter.

PFF Eager had a podcast with a Ravens guy this week: It's worth 0.25 wins over a 16 game season. For a guy like Ware, probably less than that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

in the Chiefs first 9 games this season (the games in which Hunt and Watkins were both playing), the 2 of them combined were giving the Chiefs about 175 yards a game from scrimmage.

Those aren't players that you just plug in the next guy and they give you the same production.

There is no way Conley and Ware (or running back by committee) are going to replace that type of production.

and, certainly, they can just change the things they are doing on offense to replace that production and I think we saw that on Sunday against the Raiders ..... we saw Mahomes running the ball a lot more than he had anytime this season (to replace some running yards lost by Hunt) and we saw Travis Kelce catching more passes than he has all season and about to collapse from exhaustion in that 4th quarter when the camera would pan to him.

Those are 2 things the Chiefs do not want to do because both increase risks of injury to 2 of their most important (if not most important) offensive pieces.

I know you will deny that the loss of Hunt and now Watkins is not going to effect the Chiefs signficiantly. I believe it will long-term and it may bite them in January.
So basically: Underpants gnome logic.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see him on another team. Kind of has that Albert Wilson/buried vibe right now.

eh, the Albert Wilson who got a big ass contract in the off season and averaged about 40 yards a game other than 1 big game this season and then landed on IR .... ? I'm not sure I like that vibe ....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, the Albert Wilson who got a big ass contract in the off season and averaged about 40 yards a game other than 1 big game this season and then landed on IR .... ? I'm not sure I like that vibe ....
His EPA/Target was amazing, boss. Yards blow as a stat.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His EPA/Target was amazing, boss. Yards blow as a stat.
And he had 55.9 yards (58.2 if you count rushing) a game in Miami... with Tannehill as his QB. Find a new slant unless it's that he is injury prone. He was talked about as the bargain victory of the offseason until he got hurt...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no idea what you are referring to but I'm sure it has something to do with denying there is any issue with the Chiefs ....

tenor.gif
Nah, just pointing out that there's really no endgame to your logic here. So they are less good than before so it means losses in January. Makes zero logical sense outside of cliche. If you want to argue it costs the Chiefs HFA or a bye, that would be a lot more compelling.

Nice strawman though. Like jebus, Watkins could be healthy for the Seattle game and all this nonsense dries up faster than rain in the Sahara.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Chiefs have injury issues but at this point thats just football. Denver is having some issues right now. The Patriots are trotting out an old man. The Chargers have to deal with it almost every year.

It is what it is.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's broach this very carefully: 1 player, even if very good, usually amounts to jack shit. Most games are not within 1,2, or even 3 points. The most consistent way to win games over the longhaul is by blowing out teams even- we harp on 1 score games for a reason. There's no choking (or at least, it's vastly overestimated) there is playing with fire. You play close- expect bad things to happen. This goes double for positions with low value like RB. WR's are more valuable, but they aren't everything either. Especially when said offense has TE1 in WR2 in the whole NFL right now by total yards; and a pass O with a sack % under 4.5 bringing OL back.

If you really want to rock the boat, knock out Chris Jones, Dee Ford, Eric Berry (oh wait), players that the Chiefs can't easily replace or replicate...

Maybe the Ravens or Chargers pull off an upset, but it's pretty unlikely it will come down to "if only they had Watkins or Hunt."

Or in really simple terms: This is why you draft a franchise QB- so this is all noise, and so you don't exist on the margins of each game.