• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keeper League Trade Help

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in a keeper league and I'm trying to make a run at a championship this year. I'm negotiating with one of the teams that is throwing in the towel on this year and trying to build for the future.

The prospects I have available to deal are Victor Robles, Brendan Rodgers, Willy Adames, Rya, Julio Urias.

The veterans he has available that I'd like to trade for are Paul Goldschmidt, Joey Votto, Jean Segura, Dallas Keuchel, Johnny Cueto, Yu Darvish & Sonny Gray.

I need to come up with a fair offer amongst these players, and I'd prefer to hang onto at least one of Robles, Rodgers or Adames...so what would be a fair offer based off that information? He's also already said that he's least interested in McMahon amongst my group of prospects.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in a keeper league and I'm trying to make a run at a championship this year. I'm negotiating with one of the teams that is throwing in the towel on this year and trying to build for the future.

The prospects I have available to deal are Victor Robles, Brendan Rodgers, Willy Adames, Rya, Julio Urias.

The veterans he has available that I'd like to trade for are Paul Goldschmidt, Joey Votto, Jean Segura, Dallas Keuchel, Johnny Cueto, Yu Darvish & Sonny Gray.

I need to come up with a fair offer amongst these players, and I'd prefer to hang onto at least one of Robles, Rodgers or Adames...so what would be a fair offer based off that information? He's also already said that he's least interested in McMahon amongst my group of prospects.

how many OF do you start, and how many teams?? Victor Robles is the top prospect of the group, but the rest are middle infielders... so value is very different...

is this a points league?? if not do you need SB??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to milk's questions...

What does he "need"?
How many keepers per team?

In any event, I would assume Goldy, Votto and Segura are pricy....and I would not hesitate giving up any minors to get them.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, Adames was just brought up to the majors my tampa... Watch him closely, he may get you the most right now as he is the new toy... He is not a high power or high speed guy, so if anyone gives you a decent offer you should take it....

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many OF do you start, and how many teams?? Victor Robles is the top prospect of the group, but the rest are middle infielders... so value is very different...

is this a points league?? if not do you need SB??
We start 4 OF's, 16-team league with 15 keepers. It's a H2H, category league...SB is one of the categories. I have Dee Gordon, Mallex Smith and Jose Altuve already so I'm pretty good at SB's. One offer we're discussing is Rodgers & Urias for Dallas Keuchel & Hunter Strickland. I could use another closer, but I also have Mark Melancon, so I'd be set either way with Strickland/Melancon.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We start 4 OF's, 16-team league with 15 keepers. It's a H2H, category league...SB is one of the categories. I have Dee Gordon, Mallex Smith and Jose Altuve already so I'm pretty good at SB's. One offer we're discussing is Rodgers & Urias for Dallas Keuchel & Hunter Strickland. I could use another closer, but I also have Mark Melancon, so I'd be set either way with Strickland/Melancon.

that seems a little hefty of a price... Keuchel is not doing great so far this season, and he has never been a strike out guy... and Strickland, is doing well, but there is always the risk of him losing his job if and when Melancon comes back... Sure, you have melancon so you are fine with Strickland for however long he does stay... but you shouldn't pay the premium for him...

this is also a 16 team league, you don't necessarily need 2 closers...

the thing about H2H you either face a team strong in closers or you face a team with 0... if you are facing a team with 2 closers you can beat them with one... if your facing one with one, you can beat them with one... so I wouldn't pay for a closer, unless you really need to win that category...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd prefer to save assets for impacts. Aim at those bats, imo

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that seems a little hefty of a price... Keuchel is not doing great so far this season, and he has never been a strike out guy... and Strickland, is doing well, but there is always the risk of him losing his job if and when Melancon comes back... Sure, you have melancon so you are fine with Strickland for however long he does stay... but you shouldn't pay the premium for him...

this is also a 16 team league, you don't necessarily need 2 closers...

the thing about H2H you either face a team strong in closers or you face a team with 0... if you are facing a team with 2 closers you can beat them with one... if your facing one with one, you can beat them with one... so I wouldn't pay for a closer, unless you really need to win that category...
His latest offer is Keuchel, Segura & Strickland for Robles, Rodgers & Urias... Is this still too much? Also, would it be better to get Keuchel or Darvish if I could get either for the same price?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His latest offer is Keuchel, Segura & Strickland for Robles, Rodgers & Urias... Is this still too much? Also, would it be better to get Keuchel or Darvish if I could get either for the same price?

Darvish probably more "upside", but definitely more risky. Yes, I would make that deal.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keuchel over darvish... as darvish is more hit or miss... But if Darvish finds his way, he is better fantasy pitcher than Keuchel...

Segura is nice, but you don't need the SB, unless you are going all out for that category... I feel like this is a big ask for something that wont help you as much as you think...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keuchel over darvish... as darvish is more hit or miss... But if Darvish finds his way, he is better fantasy pitcher than Keuchel...

Segura is nice, but you don't need the SB, unless you are going all out for that category... I feel like this is a big ask for something that wont help you as much as you think...

I suppose it depends on his current SS, but Segura is more than a SB guy.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose it depends on his current SS, but Segura is more than a SB guy.

is he?? sure he is a good BA guy, but he is not much of a HR guy... and in modern fantasy baseball, you need to average 20 HRs per position, and he is already starting Mallex Smith and Jose Altuve... and will start dee Gordon when he comes back...

so do you think that with those 3, you will have enough power with segura in your lineup?? enough RBIs??

this is also 16 team league, so it is not like you can just easily find replacements for these players...

Not saying it is a bad trade... but if I was trading three elite prospects I would want at least Votto in it... a veteran struggling player who will likely give you the power and OBP needed for the rest of the season...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is he?? sure he is a good BA guy, but he is not much of a HR guy... and in modern fantasy baseball, you need to average 20 HRs per position, and he is already starting Mallex Smith and Jose Altuve... and will start dee Gordon when he comes back...

so do you think that with those 3, you will have enough power with segura in your lineup?? enough RBIs??

this is also 16 team league, so it is not like you can just easily find replacements for these players...

Not saying it is a bad trade... but if I was trading three elite prospects I would want at least Votto in it... a veteran struggling player who will likely give you the power and OBP needed for the rest of the season...

Yes. He is avg and runs, but I can dig that. I would also prefer Segura and Votto to the pitchers.

But I never look at a trade as the end roster until the deadline passes. And having Mallex Smith would not make or break a deal for me. If this deal goes through, maybe a SB needy owner will take him in another deal.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He is avg and runs, but I can dig that. I would also prefer Segura and Votto to the pitchers.

But I never look at a trade as the end roster until the deadline passes. And having Mallex Smith would not make or break a deal for me. If this deal goes through, maybe a SB needy owner will take him in another deal.

true, but SB is always the easiest category to find on waivers... Hell, I am sure Jose Iglesias is available... Point is, I just wouldn't trade for SB unless it is a HUGE need... and generally speaking these SB guys are not power guys, and they will hurt you in RBIs too... and if you are playing for the win this season, you cant have too many of those guys...