• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KC's Chris Jones Receives 4/85 60M GTD

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think the Chiefs were going this route.

Chiefs are probably going to be secondary by committee at this point. PFF would not approve but I think Spags actually is supposed to be pretty good at coaching up young DBs.

I'm not a 'cap' watcher or anything but it definitely means Sammy Watkins is gone after this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Let's see if it works out over the next couple of years. I'm guessing it has a 2 year out based on the $37M guarantee at signing and $60M total guarantee?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs are probably going to be secondary by committee at this point. PFF would not approve but I think Spags actually is supposed to be pretty good at coaching up young DBs.

I'm not a 'cap' watcher or anything but it definitely means Sammy Watkins is gone after this year.

No question who the catalyst is, and Jones was always going to be "the next guy" they took care of but I thought they had to secure their best DEF player long term.

FWIW, I never expected Watkins to even be on the squad this yr so kudos for getting one more season out of him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Heyward is a very happy man right now.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m serious. I think chiefs are only team that’s acting like they’ll be a season.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I remember before last year's draft PFF was talking about how the 49ers should've traded down and went DB over Bosa because their analytics told them the secondary was more important than the front.

Analytics have their place in football but number guys are desperate to make them fit 100% and it's never going to happen.

Both teams that were in the Super Bowl had stronger fronts than secondaries and Chris Jones putting Mike Pearson into retirement was a big reason the Chiefs won.

Pretty big and important move for the Chiefs as his return in the playoffs was the reason they won it all and if they want to keep things rolling he's a big piece to do that.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard, depending on where the salary cap is in 2022, the Chiefs are going to have almost half of their salary cap tied up in 5 people. Not sure how that is going to work very well

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember before last year's draft PFF was talking about how the 49ers should've traded down and went DB over Bosa because their analytics told them the secondary was more important than the front.

Analytics have their place in football but number guys are desperate to make them fit 100% and it's never going to happen.

Both teams that were in the Super Bowl had stronger fronts than secondaries and Chris Jones putting Mike Pearson into retirement was a big reason the Chiefs won.

Pretty big and important move for the Chiefs as his return in the playoffs was the reason they won it all and if they want to keep things rolling he's a big piece to do that.
The Super Bowl in general was a good showcase for why dlines are so important. Heck, if Bosa just does a bullrush instead of a stunt on the Chiefs big 'wasp' throw then Mahomes probably gets sacked.

The reality is that if you plan on making the playoffs every year then the slam dunk pass rushers aren't going to fall to you in the draft. The other reality is that the trench guys who the Chiefs need to stop the run are pretty close to a dime a dozen as long as they're disciplined.

Chiefs are probably just going to rely on drafting when it comes to linebackers and the secondary. It doesn't look like the Chiefs are going to try and reinvent themselves anytime soon. Just keeping going with what works until it doesn't. Same players. Same coach. Same coordinators.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I'm interested in seeing how he gets more touches......LOL. As he recently went off on Twitter. Reid isn't one to give in to players making demands.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm interested in seeing how he gets more touches......LOL. As he recently went off on Twitter. Reid isn't one to give in to players making demands.
Watkins seems like a player that needs to motivate himself. He plays his best when playing against the best competition and then can be invisible for long stretches against average competition.

I would bet against him getting more touches.

Reactions: DJ

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard, depending on where the salary cap is in 2022, the Chiefs are going to have almost half of their salary cap tied up in 5 people. Not sure how that is going to work very well

Yeah should be interesting how the future salary cap plays out...I mean if the Chiefs win 2 or 3 in a row...it won't matter and all worth it. It seems like they are miles ahead of any team in the AFC imo.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins seems like a player that needs to motivate himself. He plays his best when playing against the best competition and then can be invisible for long stretches against average competition.

I would bet against him getting more touches.
Yeah, he is capable of catching 9-10 balls for 170-180 yards but then have 2-3 games where he catches 3 balls for 36 yards in each game.....perennial underachiever.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pepperidge Farms remembers when the Chiefs had 177 dollars in cap space this offseason.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 years? So he'll be holding out next year I assume...