• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kansas City Chiefs Ongoing Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, i'm relaxed, boys. as i've said it before, i've waited a full 50 years for this. I'm just happy we got back before they planted my black ass...

of course i'll root hard as ever, but for now just happy we made it...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any score predictions for the big game?

The more I look over the NFC Championship, the more I question whether Aaron Rodgers is still an elite QB. He had a really bad game. As long as the Niners haven't figured out Mahomes more than the rest of the NFL, I think he'll be able to put up points on the Niners.

This is the type of game that could swing one way or another pretty quickly. Both teams live for the big plays. KC tries for it on every play while SF tries to methodically set them up but they've both been pretty good at getting them all year.

I'm thinking 34-20 Chiefs as long as they hold on to the ball. I'm probably going into this too confident but its hard not to be excited.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a good feeling for the game. Niners are crazy fast everywhere.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having 'Colleg'd' down in the Kansas parts, I wish all the Chiefs fans the very best today.

Been a long time, and your fan base has been along for the ride the entire time. :suds:

Go Chiefs!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really close on that final score but I'm not going to lie that the SB could have gone either way

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Chiefs and Andy Reid.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some random thoughts about the Super Bowl win.

-Mahomes was a little worse than expected and the Chiefs played a little cleaner game than expected.

-I do think the Niners pass rush deserves some credit because Rodgers looked abysmal in the NFC Championship game so I think its just flat out harder to play against that pass rush than it is to play the rest of the NFL. The Niners d is stacked with high end first round picks from the draft. Their unit was just better than the Chiefs oline but to the oline's credit, they played a clean game and probably played to the best of their ability. Its hard to fault the oline but Bosa was in Mahomes' face the first throws of the game and I think that set the tone.

-Mahomes first interception was when Hill found the hole in the zone and Mahomes threw it to the wrong spot. Mahomes makes that play 9 out of 10 times but not in the SB. The second interception was Mahomes being behind Hill and it got knocked into the air. Its hard to blame Mahomes too much on that one because crossing routes with Hill are probably tough because he can easily outrun his 'spot'.

-Andy Reid ran the football. Chiefs had 26 first downs. 13 from passing. 12 from rushing. 1 from penalty. Thats pretty much ideal offensive balance right there. Chiefs won Time of Possession by over 6:30 minutes. Chiefs had 5 scoring opportunities and scored 4 TDs. Niners had 4 scoring opportunities and scored 2 Tds.

-While Mahomes won the MVP and he IS the MVP in the league, for the Super Bowl I thought Tyreek Hill, Damian Williams, and Frank Clark all had better games.

-Joe Buck said 'we need some Mahomes magic' and like 3 seconds later he made the big throw. Good stuff.

-Spagnuono and that defense deserves some credit. That D got run over until they hit the red zone. Once they got there, it took Shannahan dialing up play action to their full back on a couple of plays but when the Chiefs were able to play the pass straight up the D took over. The Chiefs pass rush looked just as good as the Niners pass rush when they were able to actually do it. Frank Clark also had a number of deflections and helped cause the first INT from Jimmy G. That INT turned into 3 points and more importantly took a possession away from the Niners to keep the D fresh and points off the board. The Niners were a better run team than the Titans but they weren't a better pass team. The Niners also never hit a HR with their run game. They just ran the clock down.

-Niners targeted Sorenson. Badly. Im curious to see how the game would've gone if Thornhill was in there.

-I'm not sure if Shannahan cost the Niners the game but the Niners should've had 3-10 more points somewhere in there. Not sure why they abandoned the run but he did so at a later point than the Titans so I'm not sure if this is as big of a deal as the common man thinks. At some point, you need to pass the ball to beat the Chiefs if Mahomes is on his game.

...and thats it. Super Bowl Champions. Lin Elliott can't hurt us anymore. Neither can Andrew Luck or Mariota catching his own pass. No Schottenheimers to pick the wrong QB. No Romeo Crenel or Matt Cassells. No Bob Sutton and his awful run D.

The future is bright but its definitely time to enjoy the moment.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to say Chris Jones instead of Frank Clark. Not sure why I'd get those names mixed up but I'll blame it on a lack of sleep.

Anyways, the Chiefs won because my daughter was wearing her lucky Chiefs shirt. Everything else was just semantics.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching the big throw to Tyreek Hill on 3rd and 15 that swung the Super Bowl and the Left Guard almost blows the play. Bosa goes inside and the inside rusher goes outside and the LG never even engages him. Fisher gets really close to a hold on Bosa which I'm sure doesn't make Niners fans happy. It doesn't look like a hold but if Bosa falls down with a rip and slip then they probably throw a flag. Its kinda like the OPI called on Kittle that probably wouldn't have been called if someone stronger was covering him.

I think Chiefs fans and NFL fans have to come to terms with Tyreek Hill being one of the most important players in the NFL now. The reality is that his actions off the field have probably cost him a lot of money and certainly a lot of fame. Yet he is still going to be one of the faces of the NFL. He won the Super Bowl.

Its easy to forgive people who have never really done anything wrong. Its much harder to deal with people who have. The way society views people like Hill has always been something that people don't talk about but recently it seems like the idea is to put the emphasis on forgiveness, education, prevention and less on punishment. Hopefully we don't ever have to talk about Hill messing up off the field again. The guy's family is rich AF right now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanna say congrats to all the Chiefs fans. Well except @ChiefsLakers67.:heh: And it was great to see Andy Reid finally get that elusive Lombardi trophy. Next stop for him is the HOF.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...offseason. Who stays? Who goes? What to attack in the draft?

Conventional wisdom would say the Chiefs will prioritize Mahomes, then Chris Jones and Fuller. Probably let go of Watkins, Hitchens, and Breeland. I think alternatively they could prioritize Mahomes, Fuller, Breeland (who might be cheap), and tag Jones. Let go of Watkins and Hitchens.

I haven't math'd this out yet so I dont know what makes sense but Im guessing that we'll be looking at one of those two scenarios

LB, CB, WR in the draft. Maybe RB in rd4.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its fair to say that football is a bit broken if Mahomes ends up making $40 million a year and the guys he hands the ball off to only makes $500k to $3 million a year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys better tell Andy to get Mahomes signed before the 2020 season is over.

You're all laughing at the Patriots but Belichick will have $122,000,000 in cap space in 2021. $50M for Mahomes won't even make him blink.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys better tell Andy to get Mahomes signed before the 2020 season is over.

You're all laughing at the Patriots but Belichick will have $122,000,000 in cap space in 2021. $50M for Mahomes won't even make him blink.
Something tells me $50,000,000 in Kansas goes a ton further than it does in Massachusetts. The Patriots would have to notably outbid the Chiefs.

You also have a cold climate and an old coach who is known to grind players to dust and get rid of them when they get older.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a hard read to figure out which one of these CBs the Chiefs should be targeting in the draft.

Okudah and Henderson will go too high for KC to draft.

Gladney and Dantzler are skinny but aggressive. Not sure they are physical enough to last on the outside.

Diggs and Terrell were mostly untested last year except for when they got beat by Chase from LSU. Both have a high upside. Diggs higher ceiling, Terrell higher floor.

Fulton has a midget wingspan and an aversion to tackling but might be the best cover guy of the whole group.

Igbingohene and Arnette look the part but seem a step too slow.

Bryce Hall played next to Thornhill but he got banged up and projects as more of a zone coverage guy.

Amik Robertson is basically a Honey Badger clone which means that he probably only works as a backup on the Chiefs.

Lots of talented projects like Darnay Holmes, Ojemudia, and Reggie Robinson II. Holmes is probably my least favorite of those three.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the phone call to Clyde Edwards-Helaire Andy Reid said 'We asked Patrick Mahomes who he wanted and he picked you'

They had this one mostly figured out around 4 or 5 pm well before the draft.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the phone call to Clyde Edwards-Helaire Andy Reid said 'We asked Patrick Mahomes who he wanted and he picked you'

They had this one mostly figured out around 4 or 5 pm well before the draft.
Mahomes scouted him? That kinda sucks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes scouted him? That kinda sucks.
Without proper context, it does almost sound like the Chiefs are basically just picking whoever Mahomes picks. A stark contrast from what teams like the Packers are doing.

Something tells me that this pick was always going to be a RB. I'm guessing they went to Mahomes and said 'which RB do you like'

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without proper context, it does almost sound like the Chiefs are basically just picking whoever Mahomes picks. A stark contrast from what teams like the Packers are doing.

Something tells me that this pick was always going to be a RB. I'm guessing they went to Mahomes and said 'which RB do you like'

like i said yesterday, i understand the pick(because it's a need), but i just thought we'd start out with defense 1st...

ah well, let's see how day 2 goes...