• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam to miss remaininder of the season

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strong safety Kam Chancellor will miss the rest of the season due to a neck injury, confirming what had been previously reported, and defensive end Cliff Avril is set to undergo a surgery that is disc-related on Tuesday, Carroll said.

Due to the nature of neck injuries, Carroll said “the future is up to” both Chancellor and Avril whether they will continue their playing career

Wonder if we'll ever see Avril and/or Kam back in the NFL... Both could be career ending... Peyton Manning did come back but he waited a year and he didn't have to hit people for a living...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if we'll ever see Avril and/or Kam back in the NFL... Both could be career ending... Peyton Manning did come back but he waited a year and he didn't have to hit people for a living...

PC made it sound like both of them have to make a decision on whether to ever play again.

I hope that isn't the case but they have to do what they have do.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC made it sound like both of them have to make a decision on whether to ever play again.

I hope that isn't the case but they have to do what they have do.

Yep... Their health and family are their priorities... Football definitely takes a back seat when it comes to making these kind of decisions... They only have football for 2-3 more years... They have decades after football to live a normal life that need to factor into their decision...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cliff is gonna retire, he's near the end and having neck surgery is serious stuff, especially as a D-lineman where you have contact on every play... Kam could come back, but the question is will Seattle move on without him now at this point, he'll be 30 next year which isn't way over the hill, but he's been such a physical beast of a player and you gotta think it's taken some toll ..

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cliff is gonna retire, he's near the end and having neck surgery is serious stuff, especially as a D-lineman where you have contact on every play... Kam could come back, but the question is will Seattle move on without him now at this point, he'll be 30 next year which isn't way over the hill, but he's been such a physical beast of a player and you gotta think it's taken some toll ..

Richardo Lockette had the same kind of surgery I believe... Not sure if he officially retired or not... I can't see Seattle moving on if Kam decides to return... Seattle isn't the type of franchise to move on from a player like Kam following a major surgery... At least not under Carroll/Schneider's leadership...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardo Lockette had the same kind of surgery I believe... Not sure if he officially retired or not... I can't see Seattle moving on if Kam decides to return... Seattle isn't the type of franchise to move on from a player like Kam following a major surgery... At least not under Carroll/Schneider's leadership...

I hope he does come back... He's been a beast for us ...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at this point, all I hope for is that both these guys get healthy for their own sakes. Football and the team are completely secondary right now. Neck injuries are some scary shit. If they can get back to 100% and wish to continue their careers, more power to them, but I hope they take a long, hard look in the off-season and get good advise and guidance and make the best, informed choice. Good luck to these guys going forward. Hope to see them back in a Hawks uni but totally understand if they decide otherwise.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam officially put on IR today. Mike Tyson and Kache Palacio signed to active roster.

Glowinski waived.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at McDougald play since Kam's been out, we honestly haven't missed much of a beat, imo... McDougald has been better at covering receivers than Kam was... He's also been doing a great job wrapping up on tackles... Now, Kam is more the intimidator, big hitter but I think McDougald has done a very good job filling in... Curious to see how mgmt. handles this going forward... Not sure if McDougald would settle for back up role again with the way he's played... He's earned himself a pretty good contract with us or another team with his play on the field...