• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick Rumored to Be Joining Patriots

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NESN Sports Biston is reporting that Colin Kapernick will be joining the Patriots. Not as a player. They have no more information but as soon as the league got wind of what's going on, seven tems have now contactd the Kaepernick camp. Indications are that Kaepernick will be added to the coaching staff and will be Josh McDaniels' assistant OC/Quarterback Coach.

No one else is reporting anything at this time. Only NESN which is owned by the Red Sox. Stay tuned....

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I’d’ve bet my left nut that Cam wouldn’t’ve signed so cheaply or anywhere he wasn’t handed the starting job from the jump. The world is so wacky these days I’m not going to say anything is impossible.

That said I find it hard to believe Kaepernick is ready to give up on his playing career at this juncture, especially for a low level assistant coaching job. Nor do I think Bill would want to deal with the media distraction of having him on staff. If he’s taking a non-playing NFL job I would think it would be some sort of front office community outreach type of thing.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF Is this the Black Lives Matter round up?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF Is this the Black Lives Matter round up?
Kraft has always had a socially conscious outlook. The league screwed up when the BLM initiative took hold a couple of years ago. Kraft seems like a logical person to be ahead of fixing that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft has always had a socially conscious outlook. The league screwed up when the BLM initiative took hold a couple of years ago. Kraft seems like a logical person to be ahead of fixing that.

Okay I guess. Let's just see if Kaep come to NE in whatever capacity.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suddenly, even NESN is quiet. No transactions. Went to the VA this morning and listened to the radio, nothing on WEEI or WBZ.

They certainly weren't shy about it on the television this morning. Make me wonder if someone jumped the gun and Kraft squashed the report until everything is in place.

Th only thing I've heard is that "several" teams are interested, but Kaepernick's people say that no one has contacted them. Sound to me like several teams are mouthing the words but not dialing the phone. If the Patriots do sign him for any position, do they get an extra first round pick or do they lose a first round pick??