• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick film review article

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is always easy to be the Monday morning couch QB. I disagree with a lot of the stuff this person chose to use as negatives.

That 4th GIF, flushed out to the left and he is on the run with a Packer right behind him and for a split second a WR got open? Seriously? That is a 1/10 pass, maybe 1/100 considering how fast he is running and he would have to throw mid-stride. The 6th GIF, same situation against the Colts. This isn't Madden football, the throw they are expecting him to make is damn near impossible.

iKYfAynrzunj8.gif

ivmGKqZnDBWAi.gif

The 9th GIF, where they circle Miller lined up like a TE and has the LB underneath and the safety on top.. seriously? Another incredibly difficult throw for a right handed passer to make as he rolls to the left. You can even see the LB jump the passing lane.

i1l4ClVlYugRC.gif

Madden has really fucked people up on what they believe are plays that should be made and they completely disregard the speed of the NFL. Watch a GIF a hundred times and the play slows down, but in reality all of that happened in less time than it took me to type this sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems a little harsh, but the broader point, that he's missed (as in not even thrown it to) open receivers, like Kyle Williams in the Seattle game, and has looked skittish and rattled, is a valid one. But I also think that his point about it being Kaepernick's 3rd year is kind of absurd -- he didn't come from a pro offense really, and the problems he's having now --- panicking and running, rushing through the progressions, not seeing some open guys when pressured --- you can only overcome by game experience. I have faith that he will overcome these issues, given how smart and driven and talented he is and Harbaugh's experience in coaching quarterbacks.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems a little harsh, but the broader point, that he's missed (as in not even thrown it to) open receivers, like Kyle Williams in the Seattle game, and has looked skittish and rattled, is a valid one. But I also think that his point about it being Kaepernick's 3rd year is kind of absurd -- he didn't come from a pro offense really, and the problems he's having now --- panicking and running, rushing through the progressions, not seeing some open guys when pressured --- you can only overcome by game experience. I have faith that he will overcome these issues, given how smart and driven and talented he is and Harbaugh's experience in coaching quarterbacks.

ibLjjXNkux5jc.gif

Doesn't really matter, but it was Moore who was running across the field open and Kap threw it away in the direction of Williams. Your point is still the same and I also lamented over that play in the youtube video I made of the coaches film for that game.

The harsh truth is that Kap locks on to his first read and misses better chances. He did it in the Rams game too, but it didn't really matter because it was the scoring drive to VD. But, if you're curious to see it, I will post it.... he locked in on Baldwin for the 1st down, which he got, but he missed the defense letting VD go free for an easy TD. I'm surprised the author of that article missed that play.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is always easy to be the Monday morning couch QB. I disagree with a lot of the stuff this person chose to use as negatives.

That 4th GIF, flushed out to the left and he is on the run with a Packer right behind him and for a split second a WR got open? Seriously? That is a 1/10 pass, maybe 1/100 considering how fast he is running and he would have to throw mid-stride. The 6th GIF, same situation against the Colts. This isn't Madden football, the throw they are expecting him to make is damn near impossible.

iKYfAynrzunj8.gif

ivmGKqZnDBWAi.gif

The 9th GIF, where they circle Miller lined up like a TE and has the LB underneath and the safety on top.. seriously? Another incredibly difficult throw for a right handed passer to make as he rolls to the left. You can even see the LB jump the passing lane.

i1l4ClVlYugRC.gif

Madden has really fucked people up on what they believe are plays that should be made and they completely disregard the speed of the NFL. Watch a GIF a hundred times and the play slows down, but in reality all of that happened in less time than it took me to type this sentence.

The rolling to the left argument used terrible examples IMO. In the first, not only does the WR come open late and for a split second, but Kap is absolutely running for his life. If he had pulled up even a little to throw, the defender would have caught him. In the second, apparently the guy wants him to throw all the way back across the field while rolling to his left. I don't think anyone in the NFL can or should make that throw. Perhaps ironically, the better point from that GIF is that there were two open receivers if he'd made a throw with anticipation from the pocket. The third one is perhaps valid.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

iKYfAynrzunj8.gif

ivmGKqZnDBWAi.gif

i1l4ClVlYugRC.gif

On the play where he is rolling left (against the Colts), that is absolutely a throw an NFL QB should make. Is it an easy throw? No, but it is a throw that NFL QB's can make particularly ones that are accustomed to throwing on the run.

The next play, I have no beef with him not throwing across his body to try to fit that ball in there. What I have beef with is that he didn't give the play a chance to develop; had he been patient he would have had a guy open for a TD, he instead abandoned the pocket (there was no pressure until he scrambled) and the chase was on.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the offensive line hasn't been holding up like it was last year. kap's not going through progressions quickly enough, but he might need that extra split second before scrambling.

imo kap needs to do what smith did and just go with a safe throw. as he gains more experience he'll go through progressions quicker. he's still developing...

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I watch that play the more impressed I am with Anthony Davis' block, the guy just beasted two defenders. I wish Kap had been a little more patient, I think he felt false pressure that wasn't really there and decided to scramble but if he's patient then that is a TD pass to KW (I believe).

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing jump out in these gifs and in the game.. Kap bails way too fast instead of stepping up in the pocket. Once he does this blocks goes to shit because they cant see behind them and defenders roll to that side.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing jump out in these gifs and in the game.. Kap bails way too fast instead of stepping up in the pocket. Once he does this blocks goes to shit because they cant see behind them and defenders roll to that side.
:agree:He needs to stay in the pocket for the first seconds of the play before dashing off. JH is telling him this I'm sure.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this guy couldn't find any clips of kaepernick rolling to his left and completing a pass?

Colin Kaepernick Highlight 49ers - YouTube

doesn't just about every QB have a preferred side to roll out to? Alex Smith definitely rolled out the right more often...

Secondly, this guy says he described how to beat the seahawks and then asks "how did I do?" and then pumps himself up with stats that seemingly support his analysis... like "140 yards of passing to TE"... Yeah, but that was out of 350+ passing yards dude.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With Kap you have to keep in mind the guy has barely started a season's worth of games. I don't like that whole 3 year argument because 1 year of development time is basically wiped out from the lockout and what QBs need especially is actual in game experience.

Kap's issues are typical of young QBs and nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to the growing process. If he's still going through the same issues a couple of years from now than you need to be seriously concerned.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Kap you have to keep in mind the guy has barely started a season's worth of games. I don't like that whole 3 year argument because 1 year of development time is basically wiped out from the lockout and what QBs need especially is actual in game experience.

Kap's issues are typical of young QBs and nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to the growing process. If he's still going through the same issues a couple of years from now than you need to be seriously concerned.

exactly, will take time, but the game will slow down for him.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The counter to that, playing Devil's Advocate, is that he looked a lot better last year. And it isn't because he's under a lot of pressure (from the defense, he is from the media). He's bailing from the pocket earlier, he's not going through his progressions as well as last year and his accuracy seems to have taken about 4 steps backwards this year.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The counter to that, playing Devil's Advocate, is that he looked a lot better last year. And it isn't because he's under a lot of pressure (from the defense, he is from the media). He's bailing from the pocket earlier, he's not going through his progressions as well as last year and his accuracy seems to have taken about 4 steps backwards this year.

I completely agree but ups and downs are typical for young QBs so Kap does have issues but I think they are typical considering the amount of game experience he's logged in. There is a reason the term "Sophomore Slump" is thrown around as much as it is when it comes to young QBs.

And looking at the other young QBs Luck is the only one that looks like he's even better than he was last year. RW and RGIII along with Kap don't look as good as they did last season as well.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

also the offensive line hasn't been holding up in pass protection. getting healthy at wr will help a lot as well. the offense is more like 2 years ago when crabtree musta still had lingering injuries.