• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepenick Not Being Silent

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 months later, NFL’s Colin Kaepernick settlement has failed to buy silence

That's because it was, is, and will always be about the money.
Yeah, I read this story.

Kaepernick's not violating the terms of the settlement. Most of the story is about him & his supporters complaining that he still doesn't have a job. A "Denied Work" banner isn't close to the same thing as alleging NFL-wide collusion to keep him from having a job.

The guy's done. His mistake was in not accepting some gig- any gig. If he was the backup in Seattle or earning the veteran minimum in Baltimore, he at least would've been in practice and had some relevance. Now, he's been sitting on his couch, and firing off Nike-sponsored tweets for 3 years, what GM wants to spend starter money on that?

Lest we forget, Kaepernick was about to be cut off one of the worst teams in the League in 2016. He suddenly developed 'civil rights' activism in the 3rd preseason game of 2016 with his stupid kneeling and reveled in the attention, which yes, he successfully garnered with his silent anthem protest and piggy socks. Along the way he forgot that a football career is about playing football.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One says: "Save the Whales."
Another says: "Save the beaches harpoon a Whale."
There's three sides to every story... One side, Another side and the Truth.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when football was about football and a day to forget the worlds problems. I turn the game on 1 minute before it starts and turn it off the second the game is over. I don't want to hear any athletes opinions or problems. Shut up and play.

I watch nearly every football game on my computer now on a second screen. Pending who is announcing I mute it, and ALL commercials/half time, etc. are muted. Point of being on the Computer is with two screens I can browse the Internet/play video games, etc. on the main monitor. I can't tell you who played at any Super Bowl halftime because I've literally NEVER watched one. The only one I remember is Janet Jackson because I was still in my teens and ran to... God what was it then... Yahoo/AltaVista? Anyway, BOOBS!

I rarely if ever watch games with other people... the few friends I do it's in a bar where it's so loud (or multiple games playing) that the game is already on mute/can't hear, and you can bullshit with the people you're with when there's not actual football happening.

I agree with you entirely though. Now we have politics, women issues, natural disasters, medical issues, etc. all baked into sports. Bill Burr's bit about this was hilarious (he was like, "Conan, what if we were at the movies and I paused the movie and was like, I know this guy with cancer it's horrific, oh btw I was molested when I was 9, enjoy the movie!")

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch nearly every football game on my computer now on a second screen. Pending who is announcing I mute it, and ALL commercials/half time, etc. are muted. Point of being on the Computer is with two screens I can browse the Internet/play video games, etc. on the main monitor. I can't tell you who played at any Super Bowl halftime because I've literally NEVER watched one. The only one I remember is Janet Jackson because I was still in my teens and ran to... God what was it then... Yahoo/AltaVista? Anyway, BOOBS!

I rarely if ever watch games with other people... the few friends I do it's in a bar where it's so loud (or multiple games playing) that the game is already on mute/can't hear, and you can bullshit with the people you're with when there's not actual football happening.

I agree with you entirely though. Now we have politics, women issues, natural disasters, medical issues, etc. all baked into sports. Bill Burr's bit about this was hilarious (he was like, "Conan, what if we were at the movies and I paused the movie and was like, I know this guy with cancer it's horrific, oh btw I was molested when I was 9, enjoy the movie!")
100% with you brother man. Also love BB. You ever see his set on why men make more money then women. lolol. I never seen a halftime show either but that's because they wanna shove crappy talent less music and PC bullshit down my throat.

JayJimi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why he was allowed to ever take a knee is a mystery to me. He should have been told, don't do that again do I make myself clear? Better yet some big lineman should have told him hey stand your ass up that is my anthem.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why he was allowed to ever take a knee is a mystery to me. He should have been told, don't do that again do I make myself clear? Better yet some big lineman should have told him hey stand your ass up that is my anthem.
Should've taken a little off the pass to Crabtree in the SuperBowl.

None of the other nonsense woulda ever happened.

JayJimi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've taken a little off the pass to Crabtree in the SuperBowl.

None of the other nonsense woulda ever happened.
I can still see that arm wrapped around Crabtree, as he was being held.

We all have jobs and do's and don't's in the work place, the NFL is no different. You are expected to conduct yourself like we all do at work, this isn't about you.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post.

Kaep goes to his knees to suck his racist girlfriend's dick. Hasn't gotten up yet.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you pay people for crying and whining, thats all they end up Doing for Future Income.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when football was about football and a day to forget the worlds problems. I turn the game on 1 minute before it starts and turn it off the second the game is over. I don't want to hear any athletes opinions or problems. Shut up and play.

Hate to tell ya, but you are going to get plenty of player talk when you read these forums.........tread carefully.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't imagine watching NFL on a computer screen, let alone playing video games at the same time....

Recording 6 and viewing without commercials and still being more or less finished by the time the late games start so I can record and watch those too, on a 75" screen? Yup, I can imagine that....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine watching NFL on a computer screen, let alone playing video games at the same time....

Recording 6 and viewing without commercials and still being more or less finished by the time the late games start so I can record and watch those too, on a 75" screen? Yup, I can imagine that....

I can't watch NFL games that are not live. Watching it after the fact (regardless if you know the outcome) is pointless to me. I'd rather just find out and save my time... and I never miss games I want to watch (which is really only the Seahawks) unless there are critical circumstances.

I can also turn the game on the big screen and bring out my laptop as well... And generally the video game is paused when play resumes (there's constant stoppage in NFL).

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest takeaway from all of this is that my running shoes wore out, I refused to even look at Nike and never will again. I know this won't hurt Nike one bit, but I feel better about myself because I have family members that have served in the armed forces as well as with the police department.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't watch NFL games that are not live. Watching it after the fact (regardless if you know the outcome) is pointless to me. I'd rather just find out and save my time... and I never miss games I want to watch (which is really only the Seahawks) unless there are critical circumstances.

I can also turn the game on the big screen and bring out my laptop as well... And generally the video game is paused when play resumes (there's constant stoppage in NFL).

You misunderstand. I can record and watch 6 games basically live. And be ready for the late games. Same day. Same time almost exactly. No wasted time between plays, commercials or halftimes.

No puny computer screen. Computer not even in same room.

Surround sound.

No compromise.

And yes, just my son and I watching.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attention whores will whore

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I hates most about Kap/Eric Reid/Nessa in all of this is they're acting like everyone must run something by Kap first which is a bit much

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Civil Rights seen as a true calling and a deep desire to right true wrongs.

mlk.jpeg

Civil Rights as a '"for-profit" business.

hi-res-5f18a134a920ecdeaf775e525c4e395c_crop_north.jpg