• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaep to Walker

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Kaepernick + Walker = 145.1

I came across this article and was a bit surprised.

It just seems that Walker has made so many bad plays.

Even a terrible, terrible drop counts only as an incomplete. But a completion may count as a TD or 40+ yards, so I'm not surprised. I remember thinking that Kaep and Walker have a Smith-Davis connection and Kaep-Davis have a Smith-Walker connection, notwithstanding the Detroit game-winner. Maybe Kaep knows how to hit Walker in the chest, which helps him catch more and when Davis is hit in the chest, he drops it. So throwing it to the hands helps Davis, but hurts Walker and chest throws to Davis, I've seen a few drops, though the Saints playoffs game-winner was at the chest.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a terrible, terrible drop counts only as an incomplete. But a completion may count as a TD or 40+ yards, so I'm not surprised. I remember thinking that Kaep and Walker have a Smith-Davis connection and Kaep-Davis have a Smith-Walker connection, notwithstanding the Detroit game-winner. Maybe Kaep knows how to hit Walker in the chest, which helps him catch more and when Davis is hit in the chest, he drops it. So throwing it to the hands helps Davis, but hurts Walker and chest throws to Davis, I've seen a few drops, though the Saints playoffs game-winner was at the chest.

Its just so strange to me that an NFL player would rather let a ball hit his chest, rather than stick his hands out.

Passes are supposed to be caught with the hands. You start letting the ball bounce off of those pads you run into problems.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just so strange to me that an NFL player would rather let a ball hit his chest, rather than stick his hands out.

Passes are supposed to be caught with the hands. You start letting the ball bounce off of those pads you run into problems.

I agree, but I don't think he necessarily wants to, but it seems a lot of the big yard passes to him are to his chest and he catches those - it's the hand-catches that he misses from time to time, it seems. I seem to remember two of the passes that Davis dropped with Kaep ones that he let hit his chest, either cause his hands weren't ready or he thought that was his best chance of catching it. Kaep does throw quick and hard passes. These things, mind you are just what I remember, not saying that these are prevalent in these two tight ends. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe Walker compensates for not having the best hands.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I don't think he necessarily wants to, but it seems a lot of the big yard passes to him are to his chest and he catches those - it's the hand-catches that he misses from time to time, it seems. I seem to remember two of the passes that Davis dropped with Kaep ones that he let hit his chest, either cause his hands weren't ready or he thought that was his best chance of catching it. Kaep does throw quick and hard passes. These things, mind you are just what I remember, not saying that these are prevalent in these two tight ends. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe Walker compensates for not having the best hands.

The ball has been bouncing off Davis' chest since way before Kaep. Even the ones he catches are off his chest. I've never been able to understand it?

:popsnoidea:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball has been bouncing off Davis' chest since way before Kaep. Even the ones he catches are off his chest. I've never been able to understand it?

He basically always hops (this year a bit less than before) - but when he does hop, he hops into the ball hitting his chest. Maybe it's a Kaep thing that he can't catch chest passes like he did with Smith, Troy, or Hill. Kaep does throw bullets. Maybe I'm exaggerating a few throws, it just seemed like he drops all chest passes from Kaep. (Obviously not literally all.)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This!!! Although I have seen him 'hand catch' a few passes this season, overall, this statement is a frustrating truth about Davis!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Walker is a terrible guy to have a connection with. He has knocked down more passes than any DB on the team. He cannot, I repeat, cannot, be your go to guy.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Crabtree has been CK's go to guy.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker is a terrible guy to have a connection with. He has knocked down more passes than any DB on the team. He cannot, I repeat, cannot, be your go to guy.

He has dropped some passes, however, the numbers don't lie. With Kaep he's caught 8 out of 11 targets (that dropped td has to be highlighted).

I say Kaep has to continue to hit the open man.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Crabtree has been CK's go to guy.

Crabtree seems to be playing with a purpose this year. I think Moss has had a good influence on him. I think he is especially effective when Manningham is in there opposite him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabs is definitely Kaep's go to guy, but as to Walker or Davis, Kaep clearly is connected more with Walker more than Davis, and between Smith and Kaep, Walker is better connected with Walker and Davis with Smith.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has dropped some passes, however, the numbers don't lie. With Kaep he's caught 8 out of 11 targets (that dropped td has to be highlighted).

I say Kaep has to continue to hit the open man.

On his TD throw last Sunday to Walker, Davis was wide open too. It took some guts to throw it to a clown like Walker, but it worked out.