• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaep or RG3

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calgary isn't that bad, since we at least get breaks with the 'chinook' warm winds coming west over the Rockies, but ask someone from Edmonton or Winnipeg if they wouldn't spend a winter in Vancouver or Seattle...

where you might not even have to bust out a parka if you wear a sweater under your jacket.

Our winters are becoming a little mild year by year. I think Feb NJ averaged above 55 and several times hit 70. March on the other hand was cold but still above avg temps.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our last summer in seattle was the worst in my memory. Never even had to water my grass.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign me up for one of those 'crappy' winters.
Yeah, I've lived all over the place and the winters here in the PNW are pleasant compared to just about everywhere else I've been except for Germany, which is a lot like here. El Paso was ok in the winter but the price is 95+ degrees every day for like 5 straight months around the summer time. When I hear people complain about the weather here, I just assume they haven't been around much.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a bad rap. It's a fact look at the past 5 months. Granted in most years many areas of the country get a total of more rain. But Seattle gets more days of precipitation. Just enough some days to keep you needing a jacket. So it doesn't total huge amounts.
I would much rather have a "day" of precip that is nothing more than a passing shower than 90 and humid or 25 with snow and wind. We are quickly approaching the time of year where it's pretty miserable everywhere else in the country except for the PNW. I remember one summer 6 or 7 years ago I was living in the DC area and I was at a Nationals game. It was over 90 degrees with almost as much humidity. I was sitting there pouring sweat in the shade, doing nothing but watching the game and drinking a cold beer. Dude in front of me finds out I'm from the Seattle area and starts in on the rain/weather digs -- "days" of rain, "gray" days, etc. I can't remember what I replied with, but it was probably something about asking him not to sweat in my beer while I day dream about a nice 75 degree summer day.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our last summer in seattle was the worst in my memory. Never even had to water my grass.
Not having to water my grass sounds like a pretty good summer to me.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather have a "day" of precip that is nothing more than a passing shower than 90 and humid or 25 with snow and wind. We are quickly approaching the time of year where it's pretty miserable everywhere else in the country except for the PNW. I remember one summer 6 or 7 years ago I was living in the DC area and I was at a Nationals game. It was over 90 degrees with almost as much humidity. I was sitting there pouring sweat in the shade, doing nothing but watching the game and drinking a cold beer. Dude in front of me finds out I'm from the Seattle area and starts in on the rain/weather digs -- "days" of rain, "gray" days, etc. I can't remember what I replied with, but it was probably something about asking him not to sweat in my beer while I day dream about a nice 75 degree summer day.

The guy doesn't realize we get more rain then Seattle and I hate 90's with humidity.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've lived all over the place and the winters here in the PNW are pleasant compared to just about everywhere else I've been except for Germany, which is a lot like here. El Paso was ok in the winter but the price is 95+ degrees every day for like 5 straight months around the summer time. When I hear people complain about the weather here, I just assume they haven't been around much.

Be careful using the word, "PNW" like that... Spokane isn't pleasant in the winter time... We had snow on the ground from Thanksgiving through first week of March this year... We get pounded each year... I can't remember a time where I used my snow blower as much as I did this year... At least 25xs...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful using the word, "PNW" like that... Spokane isn't pleasant in the winter time... We had snow on the ground from Thanksgiving through first week of March this year... We get pounded each year... I can't remember a time where I used my snow blower as much as I did this year... At least 25xs...
Yep, east of the mountains changes the variables significantly. It was a much more mean winter than usual on our side as well this year, but nowhere close enough to think about buying a snow blower.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle does have a reputation for being rainy despite other places around the country getting significantly more rain yearly, but this past winter and so far this spring is where reality has caught up with reputation. We're already at 9" above normal rainfall for the year and we still have two traditionally rainy months to get through in November and December. It's been more steadily rainy more often this year than in years past and it's been a cold rain most of that time.

As a born and raised Puget Sounder, I get that summers here are comfortable compared to the rest of the country and I get that people around the country who get pounded by snow every winter see our normal winter weather and think we're getting off light by "just" getting rain, but if I had a choice in the matter (besides moving somewhere else), I'd either want it to be colder in the winter/late fall/early spring so the rain we get is snow instead or warmer in the winter/late fall/early spring so the rain we do get doesn't make you feel like you're sitting in a neverending tub of ice water for four or five months.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the three and sorry you need to compare apples. Say rain not just a passing shower if you're comparing 90s and 90 humidity or below zero and snow. Of the three all being equal give me the 25 and snow please.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the three and sorry you need to compare apples. Say rain not just a passing shower if you're comparing 90s and 90 humidity or below zero and snow. Of the three all being equal give me the 25 and snow please.
Well, I've lived in WA, NY, Texas (twice), Hawaii, Maryland, Kansas, Korea (twice), Germany, Virginia, Kentucky, and now back in WA (and of course I've "visited" popular destinations such as Haiti, Saudi Arabia, and Afghanistan). Every one of those lower 48 states but WA has brutally hot summers to the point where it feels miserable to be outside in it. That's not really what I prefer in the summer -- should be a time of year when you can't wait to be outside and enjoy the weather. They also have winters that are considerably more cold than what we have here in western WA. IMO, there's no comparison on the climate that is most comfortable to live in.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I've lived in WA, NY, Texas (twice), Hawaii, Maryland, Kansas, Korea (twice), Germany, Virginia, Kentucky, and now back in WA (and of course I've "visited" popular destinations such as Haiti, Saudi Arabia, and Afghanistan). Every one of those lower 48 states but WA has brutally hot summers to the point where it feels miserable to be outside in it. That's not really what I prefer in the summer -- should be a time of year when you can't wait to be outside and enjoy the weather. They also have winters that are considerably more cold than what we have here in western WA. IMO, there's no comparison on the climate that is most comfortable to live in.
Different strokes for different folks and I have no issue with that. Like you I've lived and or visited all over the country and world. Growing up in Bean town I enjoy the 4 seasons. As I've started to age and thanks to a couple trips to the deserts I now get cold more quickly. So I no longer want to endure brutally harsh winters. I just get tired of the rain in the NW. I prefer being outside, sports, gardening, hiking... rain puts a damper on that (no pun intented). I spend a majority of time in South East Asia now. It's a little to hot and humid but I'm probably going to retire there next year. I'll have ac to keep me content and only go outside when I want to:D

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2017-6-1_19-8-15.png

This is my house in Spokane this year...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are just starting to warm up here. I'm a snowman.

I wouldn't mind something eastern but with my situation and the closeness of my family. It's hard because it won't be me just packing up and going.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of my time growing up in north Idaho. Shoveling out the drive way, the banks got so high you barely could toss the snow to the top of them. I don't miss that at all.

OH yeah, Northern Idaho get's COLD!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spend a majority of time in South East Asia now. It's a little to hot and humid but I'm probably going to retire there next year. I'll have ac to keep me content and only go outside when I want to:D

In before the underage girls jokes...